Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 01:05 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,486,251 times

Advertisements

Full investigation just announced to be released 3 days before Christmas. Obama stance about not having any talks with Blago over seat were verified and found to be correct.

*chanting* 4 more neocon years!! *chanting*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2008, 01:07 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,014,927 times
All I heard was they're going through with Blago impeachment.

Old 12-15-2008, 01:08 PM

241 posts, read 435,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zman0 View Post
Admitting you were wrong does not implicate the due process clause of the 5th amendment. You can admit that Obama is bad for this country because he is a Chicago thug without him being convicted of a crime.

You anti-Bush fonts of left-wing talking points have been doing the same thing for quite some time on here. I just figured I'd see what the responses would be.

Careful, your bigotry and political hackery is showing.
You got a mirror anywhere in the room you're writing this from?

Old 12-15-2008, 01:10 PM

241 posts, read 435,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
I'm still googling. If I've been misinformed (about Obama being assigned a seat by Blago) I apologize. I was grossly misinformed if that's not true. But it doesn't mean Obama's clean yet even if that part's cleared up.
Of course that doesn't mean he's clean- I'm sure you'll find tons of bogus but obviously wrong charges floating around on the internet.

Old 12-15-2008, 01:14 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,918,555 times
Quote:
I'm still googling. If I've been misinformed (about Obama being assigned a seat by Blago) I apologize. I was grossly misinformed if that's not true. But it doesn't mean Obama's clean yet even if that part's cleared up.
Of course it doesn't, for you and your cohorts. No matter what 'part's cleared up', the Obama naysayers will always find another 'part' to try and sully his reputation. Eight years from now, near the end of his second term, Kootr, et al, will still be posting 'he's not a natural born citizen', 'he's a gangster', etc.

Old 12-15-2008, 01:42 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,905,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zman0 View Post
I know sarcasm doesn't come across easily on the internet, but I'm sure the point wasn't lost on most, or at least on the more intelligent forum members.

jsqueezer: Drudge is a news aggregation site, the only source of bias is in the stories he selects to print, which is no more than you would see from any other news source.

jsqueezer: Drudge is a news aggregation site. The bias is not only in the stories he selects to print, but the sources he chooses to select his stories from, and the amount of vetting he does to ascertain a story's credibility. The bias, then, can very well be more than you would see from other news sources.

Old 12-15-2008, 02:03 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,721,231 times
Quote:

As for the A/A nation, that's just a way to identify one race, it doesn't refer to geographics, just as we say the Native American nation--the people as a whole, not that we think they have their own state or country.
Just FYI:

"The U.S. Constitution recognizes Indian tribes as distinct governments. It authorizes Congress to regulate commerce with "foreign nations, among the several state, and with the Indian tribes."2"

American Indian Tribal Sovereignty Primer

Old 12-15-2008, 02:22 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,547,620 times
McCant, Sarah Failing, and Joe the toilet cleaner are over it, what's your problem? Are you going to remain stuck in the past, with the corruption, incompetence, and just don't give a damn about anyone outside the inner circle.

But stuck in the past, wallowing in ignorance an denial is the platform of your party isn't it.

Old 12-15-2008, 02:59 PM

877 posts, read 2,078,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
McCant, Sarah Failing, and Joe the toilet cleaner are over it, what's your problem? Are you going to remain stuck in the past, with the corruption, incompetence, and just don't give a damn about anyone outside the inner circle.

But stuck in the past, wallowing in ignorance an denial is the platform of your party isn't it.
I like how you use the "stuck in the past" line to avoid any questions about Barack Obama's previous friendships and potentially criminal engagements.

Allegations of vote-rigging during the primaries?
Stuck in the past!

Allegations of receiving a good land deal with a slum lord?
Stuck in the past!

Obama's senate victory won by eliminating political rivals from the ballot?
Stuck in the past!

Friendship with a domestic terrorist?
Spiritual leader who hates America?
Chicago senate district worse off than before you were elected into office?
Wife receives job promotion after direct tax dollars to her company?
Campaign may have cooperated with Illinois governor to sell a Senate seat?

DON'T BE STUCK IN THE PAST!

Thank you for opening my eyes. Obviously anything Obama has done is in the past, and we should move forward. And lets not bother worrying about what he's doing now, because tomorrow that will all be in the past too. And tomorrow? Well, it'll be in the past next week!

This type of thinking is fantastic. I am going to start using it to respond to everyone.

Sorry I cheated on you honey, but wouldn't you rather move forward than be stuck in the past?

I know I didn't finish that important assignment boss, but wouldn't you rather move forward than be stuck in the past?

Yes, I know I was speeding officer, and yes, that is a kilo of coke on my passenger seat, but wouldn't you rather move forward than be stuck in the past?

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart. You have given me a precious gift of avoiding any and all responsibility for anything I've done or ever will do.

Old 12-15-2008, 03:12 PM

86 posts, read 171,811 times
Default Bush-it

The only thing I'm embarassed about:

8 years of George W. Bush

Now where are my size 10 shoes when I need them? They need a good throwing..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections