Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 03:23 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,077,396 times

Advertisements

[quote=zman0;6572130]

Allegations of vote-rigging during the primaries?
Stuck in the past!

Plaintiffs have not presented facts or evidence with the specificity.

Allegations of receiving a good land deal with a slum lord?
Stuck in the past!

Obama's senate victory won by eliminating political rivals from the ballot?
Stuck in the past!

Friendship with a domestic terrorist?

Spiritual leader who hates America?

Chicago senate district worse off than before you were elected into office?

Wife receives job promotion after direct tax dollars to her company?

Campaign may have cooperated with Illinois governor to sell a Senate seat?

DON'T BE STUCK IN THE PAST!

You aren't stuck in the past, you are just stuck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2008, 03:26 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,938,415 times
I for one am hoping that the truth prevails that he had nothing to do with this mess regarding the scumbag Governor of Illinois. As of now, there is absolutely NO evidence that Obama was involved in any way.

I did not vote for Obama but he IS our next President and we should all hope that he fulfills his promises, is kept safe, and does a good job for the economy and the future of this nation.

Old 12-15-2008, 03:43 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,575,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zman0 View Post
For all those who helped elect a corrupt Chicago politician who seems to, along with his buddy the Illinois Governor, have taken the job to scam money for political appointments, are you embarassed by your decision yet?

The Obama administration, while promising to be forthcoming and transparent, has dodged reporters and refuses to release records regarding their involvement in the selling of our political future.

So are you embarassed yet, having fallen for the empty promises of Barack Obama? Or do you still hold out some slim sliver of hope that Barack Obama is going to follow through on any of his campaign promises?

The President-elect is showing himself for what he always was, a liar and a fraud, more interested in his own personal advancement than in improving our country. Hopefully in '12 all of you who voted for this empty suit will wake up and see that a candidate's record speaks louder than mindless rhetoric.
If you want to trace the bipartisan roots of the morally bankrupt culture that has now found its culmination in our financial apocalypse, a good place to start is late 2001 and 2002, just as the White House contemplated inflating Saddam’s W.M.D. That’s when we learned about another scandal with cooked books, Enron. This was a supreme embarrassment for Bush, whose political career had been bankrolled by the Enron titan Kenneth Lay, or, as Bush nicknamed him back in Texas, “Kenny Boy.” (quoted from NY Times).

Yeah, Obama has so much to be embarassed about compared to Bush

Old 12-15-2008, 03:55 PM
ECG

42,606 posts, read 2,747,483 times
For those who voted for Obama - embarassed yet?

Not me...I think he will be the best and most intelligent president that has ever been elected..

Old 12-15-2008, 04:01 PM

750 posts, read 1,435,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelito View Post
The only thing I'm embarassed about:

8 years of George W. Bush

Now where are my size 10 shoes when I need them? They need a good throwing..
Hey! I wear a size 10! Wanna borrow a couple (or a dozen) of mine?

Old 12-15-2008, 04:47 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,580,542 times
For those who voted for George Bush - embarassed yet?

Old 12-16-2008, 12:11 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,547,620 times
Looking to do anything to draw attention away from your embarassment for voting for Bush & Co. twice ain't ya?

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, well that only happens to the not so bright.

Old 12-16-2008, 04:20 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,854,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
If you want to trace the bipartisan roots of the morally bankrupt culture that has now found its culmination in our financial apocalypse, a good place to start is late 2001 and 2002, just as the White House contemplated inflating Saddam’s W.M.D.
I think it goes back a lot farther than that!

Old 12-16-2008, 11:45 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,299,417 times
Nope. Nowhere near embarassed yet.
He's picked a very centrist cabinet, and has mobilized faster than any other President-elect to build a team to cure this nation's enormously complicated problems. I will wait to pass judgement on this man's decisions until he takes office. Since there is not one shred of evidence tying him to the current Illinois governer scandel (not counting the ignorant blowhards on the right-wing media sites which you so happily cut and past from), I am content to wait and see what kind of real leader he can be.

By the way, I am a Republican and a Texan, and am embarassed for the George W. Bush presidency. And I am embarassed for the way McCain ran his campaign. He had my vote going in to it, and lost it. I am not a blinded follower, but a free thinker. Free thinking is what this country was founded on and what made this country great. And for people like the person who started this thread, free thinking does not mean people who think the same way you do. We are all improved through the exchange and occasional acceptence of different ideals.

Old 12-16-2008, 11:51 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,033,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zman0 View Post
For all those who helped elect a corrupt Chicago politician who seems to, along with his buddy the Illinois Governor, have taken the job to scam money for political appointments, are you embarassed by your decision yet?

The Obama administration, while promising to be forthcoming and transparent, has dodged reporters and refuses to release records regarding their involvement in the selling of our political future.

So are you embarassed yet, having fallen for the empty promises of Barack Obama? Or do you still hold out some slim sliver of hope that Barack Obama is going to follow through on any of his campaign promises?

The President-elect is showing himself for what he always was, a liar and a fraud, more interested in his own personal advancement than in improving our country. Hopefully in '12 all of you who voted for this empty suit will wake up and see that a candidate's record speaks louder than mindless rhetoric.
I did not vote for him but I'm willing to give him a chance to prove himself. Yes, I am concerned about his past and what he may be hiding, but he's been elected so lets just give him a chance to prove himself before we accuse him of corruption, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections