Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 07:03 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,482,490 times

Advertisements

Hey, wait! What about propaganda value? Without propaganda value, a lot of these right-wing posts wouldn't have any value at all! You're just trying to cut the legs out from under these good folks of the right-wing. Why, it almost sounds a little like some sort of discrimination against the factually-challenged...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2009, 07:28 AM

2,600 posts, read 2,325,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Hey, wait! What about propaganda value? Without propaganda value, a lot of these right-wing posts wouldn't have any value at all! You're just trying to cut the legs out from under these good folks of the right-wing. Why, it almost sounds a little like some sort of discrimination against the factually-challenged...
as michael steele would say, "my bad"

Old 03-12-2009, 07:30 AM

956 posts, read 1,235,199 times
For all those going back in time and bashing Bush (just one more time), Bush is not the issue here. We can criticize Bush all we want, but the barn door shut on that. Obama promised "change" in government and so far we're not getting that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Yup. and I'm sure when the money gets to YOUR state you will track it and not accept a single penny's worth of new roads, more police, better schools, more jobs, etc. Nor partake in any benefit from the results of this infusion of money.

Right????
Unfortunately I have no ability to accept or reject money coming into Florida. If I did, I would reject it absolutely. We're forced to cut expenses personally and I would do the same for the state until the country gets back on its feet. But it's not my call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
I wonder how many people contacted their respective senator(s) to register their unhappiness with the largesse that these same elected officials are about to bestow on their states.

I wonder how many people will not vote for these same senators next time their terms are up?

If there is so much unhappiness and disgust over the jobs these people are doing, why do they keep getting elected?
I know I wrote both my senators and got the standard form letter basically saying they're going to do what they're going to do and I don't understand.

People keep voting the same people back in because the majority really don't think it through. They vote for the faces they recognize. That's why I'm for term limits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
First of all, this is Bush's final budget.
The Democrat controlled Congress made the decision last fall to put off a vote on the 2009 budget until after the election in order to get additional spending on social programs. Their feeling at the time was that Bush would make good his threat to veto any budget that would exceed his spending limits.

So the 2009 budget that is before Congress now is not "Bush's budget" though we are told time and time again that it is.

As far as this outrageous spending bill, it doesn't matter who put the earmarks in. Republicans put in 40% of them, Democrats 60%.

They can't just be picked over; they would instead have to be removed entirely as Obama promised and as he has the power to do!

He could have made an amazing statement by vetoing this and telling Congress to come back with a plan with no earmarks whatsoever. Take charge, be the leader you promised to be.

Yesterday, before signing what he called an "imperfect" bill and retreating behind closed doors to do it, Obama reminded me of parents who threaten their children .... "you do this one more time and you're grounded for a week". But the underlying message remains that they got away with it this time and the likelihood is they'll get away with it the next time.

The jury is out and time will tell. But so far, it's very disappointing to see business as usual in Washington when we were promised so much more.

Old 03-12-2009, 07:40 AM

2,600 posts, read 2,325,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMolly View Post
For all those going back in time and bashing Bush (just one more time), Bush is not the issue here. We can criticize Bush all we want, but the barn door shut on that. Obama promised "change" in government and so far we're not getting that.

Unfortunately I have no ability to accept or reject money coming into Florida. If I did, I would reject it absolutely. We're forced to cut expenses personally and I would do the same for the state until the country gets back on its feet. But it's not my call.

I know I wrote both my senators and got the standard form letter basically saying they're going to do what they're going to do and I don't understand.

People keep voting the same people back in because the majority really don't think it through. They vote for the faces they recognize. That's why I'm for term limits.

The Democrat controlled Congress made the decision last fall to put off a vote on the 2009 budget until after the election in order to get additional spending on social programs. Their feeling at the time was that Bush would make good his threat to veto any budget that would exceed his spending limits.

So the 2009 budget that is before Congress now is not "Bush's budget" though we are told time and time again that it is.

As far as this outrageous spending bill, it doesn't matter who put the earmarks in. Republicans put in 40% of them, Democrats 60%.

They can't just be picked over; they would instead have to be removed entirely as Obama promised and as he has the power to do!

He could have made an amazing statement by vetoing this and telling Congress to come back with a plan with no earmarks whatsoever. Take charge, be the leader you promised to be.

Yesterday, before signing what he called an "imperfect" bill and retreating behind closed doors to do it, Obama reminded me of parents who threaten their children .... "you do this one more time and you're grounded for a week". But the underlying message remains that they got away with it this time and the likelihood is they'll get away with it the next time.

The jury is out and time will tell. But so far, it's very disappointing to see business as usual in Washington when we were promised so much more.
aren't you reading the thread?
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ml#post7847329

Old 03-12-2009, 07:52 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,155,997 times
Quote:

"""For all those going back in time and bashing Bush (just one more time), Bush is not the issue here. We can criticize Bush all we want, but the barn door shut on that. """

OH No, no, no, no,,,,.... we are NOT going to just ignore what that ^&(%^(^%%&* Bush did to this country...I can understand where you repubs would like everyone to forget but that ain't going to happen...you can't sweep the huge "Failure That Was Bush" under the rug....pretty damn cowardly for trying!!!!

Isn't it funny that some repubs whimper weakly about bush being a great president but OH, if he's mentioned in a critical way ...it's "Now let's just forget bush, it's over, let's not talk about him"

Now:
"""Unfortunately I have no ability to accept or reject money coming into Florida. If I did, I would reject it absolutely. We're forced to cut expenses personally and I would do the same for the state until the country gets back on its feet. But it's not my call."""

So, it's obvious you don't use libraries or schools and education, but do you really NOT use government buildings, police, fire protection, insurance, banks, roads, traffic signs, laws, bridges, food safety laws, pollution control,etc. ....you REALLY aren't affected in any way by the economy???

""I would do the same for the state until the country gets back on its feet.""

And HOW do you propose to help it do that with no money?????

Old 03-12-2009, 07:58 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,761,394 times
Quote:

Great post. Dem. were in Congress and Bush could only do so much...Now the Dem. control both and still are blaming others....bunch of whiners and most of the people supporting them are only waiting to get a check in the mail and get a handout...Have you seen the people on tv stating :"Obama will fill up my tank, get my food on the table"...haha from $ 8.- stimulus p.person and than raising tax on gas...how can these zombies live with them self and realize that this was all done by their Messiah...who just turns out to be a nice teleprompter reader!

Old 03-12-2009, 07:59 AM

893 posts, read 1,580,395 times
Dont worry, this empty suit, so called, President will only be here 4 years (maybe) and then the Dems are done!!!!! Just sit back and watch him fail miserably!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-12-2009, 08:01 AM

3,219 posts, read 6,583,457 times
President Wimpslime is his name and BS is his game - nuff said.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:06 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,602,495 times
Why do Republicans love the Pork in 1-2% of the Omnibus bill?

The GOP and it's followers appear afraid to address any real issue in the massive Bill.

The Republican Party's followers appear to like small issues, rarely do they pick a large issue to take a stand.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:08 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,155,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Great post. Dem. were in Congress and Bush could only do so much...Now the Dem. control both and still are blaming others....bunch of whiners and most of the people supporting them are only waiting to get a check in the mail and get a handout...Have you seen the people on tv stating :"Obama will fill up my tank, get my food on the table"...haha from $ 8.- stimulus p.person and than raising tax on gas...how can these zombies live with them self and realize that this was all done by their Messiah...who just turns out to be a nice teleprompter reader!
Quote:
Originally Posted by spanko75 View Post
Dont worry, this empty suit, so called, President will only be here 4 years (maybe) and then the Dems are done!!!!! Just sit back and watch him fail miserably!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
President Wimpslime is his name and BS is his game - nuff said.
Well, highdesertmutz, you got your answer....no ability to read seen in above posts....and even one who hates America so much they want efforts to save it FAIL!

And the indepth political analysis of "President Wimpslime" is about as "indepth" as they can get!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections