Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 08:11 AM

893 posts, read 1,580,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Great post. Dem. were in Congress and Bush could only do so much...Now the Dem. control both and still are blaming others....bunch of whiners and most of the people supporting them are only waiting to get a check in the mail and get a handout...Have you seen the people on tv stating :"Obama will fill up my tank, get my food on the table"...haha from $ 8.- stimulus p.person and than raising tax on gas...how can these zombies live with them self and realize that this was all done by their Messiah...who just turns out to be a nice teleprompter reader!
It couldn't have been said any better!!!! and as far as pointing fingers at Bush, which anyone who does, doesn't even slightly understand govenment or how it works, the finger pointing should be at people like Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, and silly Pelosi!!!!!!!!

Last edited by spanko75; 03-12-2009 at 08:29 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2009, 08:13 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,602,495 times
Cool hmmm.....

Quote:
Great post. Dem. were in Congress and Bush could only do so much...Now the Dem. control both and still are blaming others....bunch of whiners and most of the people supporting them are only waiting to get a check in the mail and get a handout...Have you seen the people on tv stating :"Obama will fill up my tank, get my food on the table"...haha from $ 8.- stimulus p.person and than raising tax on gas...how can these zombies live with them self and realize that this was all done by their Messiah...who just turns out to be a nice teleprompter reader!

"...how can these zombies live with them self and realize that this was all done by their Messiah..."

Old 03-12-2009, 08:16 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,761,394 times
It is so funy to me that no one accuses me of being a racist when I say that I really dislike Pelosi's politics and her attitude. When I stated the same about Michelle Obama I was called a racist....

Old 03-12-2009, 08:24 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,155,997 times
Quote:
It is so funy to me that no one accuses me of being a racist when I say that I really dislike Pelosi's politics and her attitude. When I stated the same about Michelle Obama I was called a racist....
Why are you avoiding the topic???

Don't tell me something might've sank in......

Old 03-12-2009, 08:26 AM

2,600 posts, read 2,325,503 times
Quote:
Fuuny. the bush stimulus package. my wife received a nice check in 2008, thank you dubya! she paid bills with it. go figure. I guess we're zombies, eating tofu and listening to iPods.
to get back to the topic though, I was wrong, I said earmarks made up 1% of the budget, it's actually closer to 2%, buy hey, only 2% FAT? that's a pretty lean chop now, ain't it?

Old 03-12-2009, 08:27 AM

893 posts, read 1,580,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Well, highdesertmutz, you got your answer....no ability to read seen in above posts....and even one who hates America so much they want efforts to save it FAIL!

And the indepth political analysis of "President Wimpslime" is about as "indepth" as they can get!
Really??? Hates America??? wasn't your own, James Carrville the one who wanted Bush to fail after 9/11?

Old 03-12-2009, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanko75 View Post
Really??? Hates America??? wasn't your own, James Carrville the one who wanted Bush to fail after 9/11?
well, let me put it to you this way. I don't necessarily like, or agree with carville, so, what does that have to do with the topic of earmarks, I don't get it. maybe you should paint me a picture or something.?
I think you might be posting on the wrong thread?
don't see how your post has anything to do with the topic. sorry for being thick upstairs.

Old 03-12-2009, 09:05 AM

5,477 posts, read 12,248,239 times
What I find rather interesting about this whole drama is that Obama has made it very clear that the economic mess was inherited by him from Bush and his bad policies and spending habits, yet he approved and signed a bill that was drafted on Bush's watch. If you really feel that the previous administration's actions and politices were so toxic, wouldn't you distance yourself from those things and NOT sign the bill but rather draft up a new one? WHy would you sign off on something that was "last year's business" and then blame those same people for the mess? It just doesn't wash out. I would have had more respect had he vetoed it and either ordered a stay to keep the funding at last year's levels or drafted a new bill altogether. Then again, with Princess Pelosi pulling the strings, the new bill could have been worse, so maybe we got off easy? Who knows? It's so hard to keep up anymore. We're spending money like drunken sailors on a liberty weekend.

Old 03-12-2009, 09:14 AM

5,477 posts, read 12,248,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I do have to disagree with the "earmarks" in the spending bill. I am against all earmarks but it seems that some of these earmarks are also from Republicans... it is hypocritical of the Republicans to denounce the earmarks when they put so many of it in there... the democrats make no apologies to the earmarks and defend it... both of the parties make me sick... I will be waiting to hear how Obama plans to curb earmark spending and he should know, he has authored some of them before... I suggest Obama consult McCain considering legislation against earmarks since that was what the McCain party focused on.... seems like, if anyone in Congress, he would have a good idea on how to approach it... but we will see...
I don't think the point is who has more earmarks or not. Obama ran on the premise that he was AGAINST earmarks of ANY kind. He also said something to the effect of "We are not republicans or democrats, we are Americans" in the whole spirit of "bipartisanship." In that sense, he should NOT have signed the bill because BOTH sides had earmarks. This was a golden opportunity for him to follow up on his word of cleaning up the "business as usual" and standing up to both sides and telling them "no." He DOES have the power to do that, you know. He IS the President of the Unitied States. THAT is where the failure lies. This isn't a repub vs. democrat thing. He even said so in his campaign. This is stopping the politics as usual, but in a short 50 days, Obama has shown us that he is exactly politics as usual and perhaps on sterioids for that matter. It makes him look weak and ineffectual, and no words and flashy teleprompters, rhetoric, or rock star status trumps when actions don't meet words and when perceptions don't live up to reality. Lose trust of the people and that's an awfully difficult thing to regain.

Old 03-12-2009, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
What I find rather interesting about this whole drama is that Obama has made it very clear that the economic mess was inherited by him from Bush and his bad policies and spending habits, yet he approved and signed a bill that was drafted on Bush's watch. If you really feel that the previous administration's actions and politices were so toxic, wouldn't you distance yourself from those things and NOT sign the bill but rather draft up a new one? WHy would you sign off on something that was "last year's business" and then blame those same people for the mess? It just doesn't wash out. I would have had more respect had he vetoed it and either ordered a stay to keep the funding at last year's levels or drafted a new bill altogether. Then again, with Princess Pelosi pulling the strings, the new bill could have been worse, so maybe we got off easy? Who knows? It's so hard to keep up anymore. We're spending money like drunken sailors on a liberty weekend.
I think the reason he signed the bill is because part of that budget $$$ are to fund 2 wars. delaying it, sending it back to congress for overhaul might impede funding pentagon/defense where necessary. and, if a budget isn't passed, it costs government/taxpayers to temporarily $$$ to shut things down. when gingrich & co shut the government down under clinton, it cost the government/taxpayers $800 million dollars additionally. so, re-writing a spending bill maybe could have been worse.
one more thing I'd like to add. you cannot run 2 wars, and keep spending, and cut taxes, that funding has to come from somewhere. the past administration left the new one a $3 trillion deficit.
does anyone recall how democrats tried to stall bush's budgets over the past 7 years? the democratic party was accused of stalling funding for equipment the troops needed to properly execute the war, so the democrats caved in and allowed forward progress of bush's spending/budget bills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections