Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 11:58 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,258,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
I agree. I don't think we should still be fighting Dick Cheney's war. I expect Barack to pull those troops out and get the hell out of there. We must refocus. Thus far, this hasn't happened.
We will not be out of Iraq until at least 2011 (according to Obama today speaking to the VFW)

Afganistan? Who knows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2009, 05:34 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
Its all campaign rethoric just like the NAFTA taslk then assuring canda its just rethoric. he is a faraid of the country exploding onot revolution now that he has the responsibilty.Its easy to critise when you don't get the blame for anyhting that you say because it means no action which has consequences.If you look at the speech by congressamn they are aoll over the map on subjects because it means nothing they have to actually do. The executive is quite different.

Old 08-21-2009, 08:00 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Obama is a big government globalist just like Bush GW was, just like Clinton was, just like Bush GH was.

He also promotes jobs going to third world countries - just like his predecessors.

Old 08-21-2009, 08:03 AM

1,162 posts, read 2,107,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Doing great, thank you.

401K has recovered and taken off again, IRA not quite well but decidedly on the mend, work is starting to come into our shop, and I am delighted with the progress President Obama is making on multiple fronts.

While we're here - y'all got anybody ready to be sacrificed in 2012 yet?
Listen to the economists, if there is anything good happening in the banking world it is due to TARP which happened last fall. Only 2.9% of the stimulus has been released so far so it's nothing that your saviour has done.

Old 04-16-2012, 05:47 AM

1,298 posts, read 2,238,422 times
The government has betrayed thepeople for years.

Old 04-17-2012, 07:04 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,492,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
I hired this guy to get this country out of war, and that was a big deal to me. I don't understand why he has to ratched up the troops in Afghanistan. He made a lot of fuss about Bush in Iraq, all which I agreed with, and now hes starting to look a little hawkish to me. I know that there are no republicans who would have done any better, in fact they would have made things worst, but cant we get someone who will do the real will of the people.

I think I would really like to hear from those of us who trusted BO in the election, and ask those who opposed him before the election to PLEASE hold off.

Respectfully,

Sb
Respectfully, I don't think you've been following current events. Now or for the past 3.5 years. Go back, do some reading. Still don't want to support the President? Fine. Vote for the folks who launched the two wars. Life's not as simple as I think you'd like it to be.

Old 04-17-2012, 04:42 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,264,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Respectfully, I don't think you've been following current events. Now or for the past 3.5 years. Go back, do some reading. Still don't want to support the President? Fine. Vote for the folks who launched the two wars. Life's not as simple as I think you'd like it to be.
That first post is years old...did you look at the date? At that time...not much was getting done. It wasnt my time line, it was his. Ok, a few years later, he is nearly the guy I voted for. I would never vote for the party of the Crook before Obama. That said, I can ***** when I think the guy I did vote for is slacking.

Old 04-17-2012, 04:44 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,056,348 times
Same here. He certainly has betrayed us, especially men.

Old 04-17-2012, 04:46 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,264,216 times
Probably should close this post, as it is no longer reliant to the OP (ME).

Old 04-17-2012, 04:53 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
I voted for him but I must admit to being disappointed because:
1. He didn't bring the troops home from Iraq in 6 months as he promised
2. He didn't re-negotiate NAFTA as he promised
3. He hasn't changed things so that it cost manufactures more to ship jobs out of the country rather than keep them here.
4. He is letting true health care reform slip through his fingers while he tries to appease the insurance companies.
5. He didn't suspend DADT as he promised
6. He is still fighting to keep the secretive way of doing thing ....for which he rightly critized Bush ...in place. His administration is in court every week fighting to keep secret things that need to be told in the light of day.
7. He went along with the Bush bail out, didn't do anything to make the banks and wall street accountable for the money they took, and then added his own bail out plan.
8. Afghanastan.
Thank you so much for remembering. I sincerely and honestly have tapes of Obama claiming, within the first 6 months of his presidencey. Priority would be to bring the troops home. He promised, and dang it i have the tapes of him in my attic stating that.
The biggest deal, is this ain't no good change, sorry if you people think this is, you do not know what good change is then.
When the economy is actually really good, what you going to say then!
He has divided the people, not by-partisian as he also stated in those tapes, that before making any decisions, he would check in with the Republicians first. Really now.
He is not special, although he seems himself as a king, no different then any past President, gets in and it is all about his agenda!
Too much since he has been in office, has not gone well for so many people i know and don't know.
A liar is what he is, but a good one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections