Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 09:20 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,690,714 times

Advertisements

A traitor to the US Constitution from day one.

Some feel the day he registered to be a candidate for President, he broke the US Constitution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2012, 10:03 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,940,422 times
I have heard this sentiment reiterated by many who voted for him.

Old 04-18-2012, 01:53 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,268,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
I have heard this sentiment reiterated by many who voted for him.
Actually, I wrote the post and I am Officially reversing my stance. I was angry at the time, but things are looking alot better. Troops are going home, the economy is picking up, the housing market is rebounding, business is picking up. At work, we are experiencing a nearly 300 percent increase.

Old 04-18-2012, 03:25 PM

10,835 posts, read 14,949,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
I hired this guy to get this country out of war, and that was a big deal to me. I don't understand why he has to ratched up the troops in Afghanistan. He made a lot of fuss about Bush in Iraq, all which I agreed with, and now hes starting to look a little hawkish to me. I know that there are no republicans who would have done any better, in fact they would have made things worst, but cant we get someone who will do the real will of the people.

I think I would really like to hear from those of us who trusted BO in the election, and ask those who opposed him before the election to PLEASE hold off.

Respectfully,

Sb
Here, let me cheer you up.

"I will promise you this: that if we haven't gotten our troops out by the time I'm president it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. I will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama, October 27, 2007

"I've said repeatedly that I intend to close Guantanamo and I will follow through on that.
I've said repeatedly that America doesn't torture. And I'm going to make sure we don't torture. Those are part and parcel of an effort to regain America's moral stature in the world." - Barack Obama, 60 Minutes (2008) Guantanamo is still open, the US is using foreign nations to carry out torture, when it isn't committing it itself.

"And as President I'm going to make it impossible for Congressmen or lobbyists to slip pork barrel projects or corporate welfare into laws while no one's looking. Because when I'm President meetings where laws are written will be more open to the public - no more secrecy - that's a commitment I make to you as President. When there's a tax bill being debated in Congress, you will know the names of the corporations that would benefit and how much money they would get. And we will put every corporate tax break and every pork barrel project online for every American to see. You'll know who asked for them and you can decide whether your representative is actually representing you." - Barack Obama, 2008

"....create jobs building solar panels and wind turbines and the fuel-efficient cars of tomorrow. Jobs that will help us end our dependence on foreign oil and may save the planet in the process. Rebuilding our crumbling roads and schools and bridges...." "....so we can have a new electricity grid and bring renewable energy to population centers here in Indiana and across America. Build an American infrastructure for the 21st century." - Barack Obama, 2008

"....that tired, worn-out old theory that says, that says we should give more to billionaires and big corporations and hope that prosperity will trickle-down on everybody else. The last thing... the last thing we can afford is four more years where no one in Washington is watching anyone on Wall Street because politicians and lobbyists killed common-sense regulations. Those are the theories that got us into this mess. They haven't worked and it is time for change, and that's why I'm running for President of the United States of America." - Barack Obama, 2008

"...bailout Wall Street banks. As President I will insure the financial rescue plan helps stop foreclosures and protects your money, instead of enriching CEOs. And I'll put in place the common-sense regulations that I've been calling for throughout this campaign. So that Wall Street can never cause a crisis like this again. That's the change we need." - Barack Obama, 2008

At a news conference Monday in Chile, President Barack Obama stated about his order to fire 110 Tomahawk missiles into Libya: "this was not an attempt at regime change, but a humanitarian effort to save civilian and rebel lives from Gaddafi’s threat to annihilate anyone who threatened his rule." March 21, 2011

"You will have your choice of a number of plans that offer a few different packages, but every plan would offer an affordable, basic package… And I believe one of these options needs to be a public option that will give people a broader range of choices and inject competition into the health care market, so that we can force waste out of the system and keep the insurance companies honest." ~President Barack Obama

Referring to the Bush Administration's use of phone companies to illegally spy on Americans: "We only know these crimes took place because insiders blew the whistle at great personal risk ... Government whistleblowers are part of a healthy democracy and must be protected from reprisal." ~ Presidential Candidate & U.S. Senator Barack Obama, 2008

"The President does not have the power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation." --Barack Obama, December 2007

There you go, made you smile, didn't I?

"The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails America . Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

This quote came from the Czech Republic . Someone over there has it figured out.

Old 04-18-2012, 03:47 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,951,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
Probably should close this post, as it is no longer reliant to the OP (ME).
I'd say it is very relevant to many others though, myself included. Your OP was very clairvoyant IMO

Old 04-18-2012, 03:53 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,967,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
I'd say it is very relevant to many others though, myself included. Your OP was very clairvoyant IMO
Actually I agree.

One of my sisters is much more liberal than me and could have written the exact same post.

I'll never get her to vote for a Republican, but I doubt she'll vote for Obama. She says she's just going to vote for Democrats down ticket. I always tell her it's too bad she's so wrong on politics, but nobody's perfect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections