Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 10:37 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,867,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
Well, tit for tat.....Jindal could do better than the present Clown in the White House, blindfolded and with both arms tied behind him. Anyway, I look for a Romney/Jindal ticket in 2012 and hoping they are big enough to put their respective religions aside to get us out of that "nightmare which began January 20, 2009". Given we still have a country left after the Giant Fiasco gets done with us.
I thought the "birthers" were simply trying to assure that the constitution was followed.? Tit for tat? All that means is it's OK if the Repubs do it! LOL, LOL, LOL!

BTW, I don't care whose parents were born where, just sayin'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2009, 10:39 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,647,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I thought the "birthers" were simply trying to assure that the constitution was followed.? Tit for tat? All that means is it's OK if the Repubs do it! LOL, LOL, LOL!

BTW, I don't care whose parents were born where, just sayin'.

Me neither.

Old 09-12-2009, 11:34 AM

3,555 posts, read 7,854,416 times
majoun (?) wrote;
Quote:
From the standpoint of a Republican: Crist. He is an amazing speaker and seems very Presidential as well as being the popular governor of a large swing state.
Interesting, I thought it was the Rs who said, "giving a good speech doesn't make anyone a good candidate"? "Seems Presidential". What the heck does that mean? Five O'clock shadow like Nixon? Swears like a sailor like Johnson? Falls asleep on the dais like Reagan? Picks his nose in public like Clinton? Can't construct a sentence in English like Bush?

Quote:
He was the potential VP pick for McCain that Dems were most scared of in 2008.
Not really, everyone's (including McCain's internal polling told him he was going to lose, fairly big unless he did something to "change the game". Besides the hard right Christians would have stayed home in droves had he picked a late 50s (? I don't recall his age) single man as VP.

Quote:
Also, since Giuliani is almost certain to beat Paterson in 2010 and become NY Governor, he would also be a good choice for the GOP if they want to win. Or perhaps a Rudy/Charlie ticket.
Giuliani? Yeah right. Up until the time someone takes a good hard look at his "connections" and where he's been making his big money since he left the mayor's office, and the fact that he tried to usurp the law by overstaying his term. Some examples;

Bernie Kerik/mob connections
"Advisor"/attorney/fixer for the overseas folks who are buying up highways and other infrastructure. This includes his too cozy connections to Rick (big hair) Perry.
Serial adulterer
The SNL clip of him in drag will really lock up the right wing Christian/Republican primary voters for them.

No, IMO Rudy is about as done as Sanford is.

golfgod

Old 09-13-2009, 09:29 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,339,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
But, but, but, Jindal isn't a "Natural Born Citizen" according to the definition many require for Obama. Neither, probably is Romney, since his father was born in Mexico. LOL!

Who?
Bobby Jindal was born in Louisiana. Were he to run for President, he would provide adequate documentation unlike Obama.

Crist is the idiot Governor of Florida. He is less conservative than McCain. He supported the worthless stimulus, which has done nothing. Crist is a joke and he will get eaten alive if he runs against Obama. The reason is that he does not provide the voters a choice. Obama gives voters the choice of a Big Government, tax and spender. The rest of us want someone who believes in limited Government and lower spending and taxes. Crist does not provide that.

The GOP has good candidates, but they need a real conservative to contrast Obama's Big Government agenda. I prefer Tim Pawlenty from MN while Mike Pence and Mitch Daniels (both from IN) is also good. A darkhorse is Gary Johnson, ex NM Governor. He is considered to have libertarian leanings. Jindal will run down the road, but not in 2012. I wouldn't rule Gingric out from throwing his hat in the ring, either.

Old 09-19-2009, 08:20 AM

First of all, I was being ironic, but perhaps that was lost on some posters.

Bobby Jindal's parents emigrated just months before his birth. His parents, neither of them, were US citizens at the time. It has been a big issue with the birthers that even if Obama were born on the steps of the Supreme Court, as one birther said over and over, he is not a natural born citizen b/c his father was a British citizen at the time. Jindal can provide the same type of documentation Obama did: a "vault" BC that is electronically generated and verified by the governor, or something similar.

Old 09-19-2009, 10:11 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,052,604 times
It's too early. If a Republican comes out now, he takes the attention away from the problems of the Democrats. I would advise any Republican interested in the Presidency to wait until the last minute to declare.

Old 09-20-2009, 08:34 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,918,474 times
No one even knew who Obama was at this point the last time.

Old 09-22-2009, 07:22 AM

4,050 posts, read 3,962,697 times
Stop all the b.s.!!!

SARAH PALLIN in 2012!!!

YAAAYYYYY!!!!

A GUARANTEED WIN, PLEASE RUN!!!!

DO IT FOR AMERICA!!!!

Old 09-22-2009, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
No one even knew who Obama was at this point the last time.
Speak for yourself, tex! I heard him speak at the DNC in 2004. Most people in Illiniois knew he was their senator in 2006.

Old 09-22-2009, 06:08 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,715,644 times
There are now more Independents than Republicans, better hope there isn't another Ross Perot you could be third
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections