Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 01:48 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,301,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
In other words, the poll is a horrific representation of the district.
Your words, not mine. I do appreciate the information though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2010, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Have you ever been to Hillsborough?!?! It is neither Republican nor Redneck. It is a rather quaint, artsy town that has consistently voted democratic. I believe even John Kerry won it by just under a 2-1 margin.
I went to Winterpast Dojo off rt86 for several years, have frequented the Blue Bayou Club and have been around the area in detail on several occassions. I know a few things about the town. Again, the liberal youth tend not to vote, especially in midterm elections. If you could cite the information on Kerry winning the town by 2-1, you be sure to let me know, mmm-kay?

Old 09-08-2010, 02:14 PM

22,198 posts, read 19,490,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
I went to Winterpast Dojo off rt86 for several years, have frequented the Blue Bayou Club and have been around the area in detail on several occassions. I know a few things about the town. Again, the liberal youth tend not to vote, especially in midterm elections. If you could cite the information on Kerry winning the town by 2-1, you be sure to let me know, mmm-kay?
I will take a more in-depth look a bit later, but one of the other websites I post on has some precinct level results (though you need to be a paying member to access it). Possible that a 3rd precinct exists in Hillsboro, but I know of two precincts (titled Hillsborough and West Hillsborough). Kerry wons Hillsborough 61.8-36.3 and West Hillsborough 67.6-31.2, West Hillsborough had more than twice the votes as Hillsborough. As I said might have a third precinct in there, (will look it up later and see what I can find) but either way Kerry carried Hillsborough easily, and Obama's margin was obviously larger than that.

Old 09-08-2010, 02:31 PM

From BJ Lawson today:

"Hey, look - we released our poll yesterday, today Price launches his Web site! Or I should say Web page. Just one. Sign up at priceforcongress.com to stay in touch with Nancy's Price..."

LMAO! Like I said, Price's folks want to publicly decry the poll while simultaneously "pressing forward" just one day after it was released. LOL

Old 09-08-2010, 02:36 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,402,787 times
Quote:
From Orange county board of elections.
November 2, 2004 Election Results by Precinct for Orange County, North Carolina See Hillsborough and W. Hillsborough precincts.

On top of that Hillsborough is more known for its writers, and creative types rather then youth voters. It is quite nice, I tend to go there to do stuff with the county, and not at all Redneck or Republican. If it was full of rightwing rednecks I am sure the Weaver Street market there would not be doing the kind of business it does.

Last edited by Randomstudent; 09-08-2010 at 02:46 PM..

Old 09-08-2010, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Cool. Thanks for the info!

Old 09-08-2010, 02:59 PM

More LOL from David Price's website:

"Enter the site to find my position on the issues that matter most to Triangle families and information about how to get involved."

What website? It's one page with no links, started the day after the Lawson poll came out. Guess he'll just have to run on a "I'm a Dem and he's not" one-dimensional position and read off his index cards while Lawson smokes him at debates and town hall meetings.

Old 09-08-2010, 04:02 PM

Quote:
From Orange county board of elections.
November 2, 2004 Election Results by Precinct for Orange County, North Carolina See Hillsborough and W. Hillsborough precincts.

On top of that Hillsborough is more known for its writers, and creative types rather then youth voters. It is quite nice, I tend to go there to do stuff with the county, and not at all Redneck or Republican. If it was full of rightwing rednecks I am sure the Weaver Street market there would not be doing the kind of business it does.
It actually may have been more Democratic than that, notice the absentee ballots, which in 04 were counted by themselves instead of with their precinct. In 08 it was counted with the precinct. Obama won Hillsborough 78.9-20.8 and West Hillsborough 74-25

Old 09-08-2010, 08:16 PM

Pretty inciteful comment from the "under the dome" section of the N&O:

"What's the matter? Couldn't find a way to use the word "breathless" to describe Lawson's reaction like you did when Renee Elmers' campaign announced Sarah Palin's endorsement? I guess pointing to his "paltry" lead will have to suffice for now.

Of course, while Dome always shows its bias, nobody accuses you of being politically ignorant. You have to know that this is devastating news to Dems everywhere and especially to David Price in a district that couldn't be more gerrymandered.

More damning still, the poll was only comprised of registered voters, not likely voters. While your remaining readership may be unaware of the distinction, surely the politically savvy Dome is not. Among likely voters, given the nationwide disparity in voter interest, Lawson probably approaches a double digit lead.

A Democratic incumbent behind in that kind of district tells you something about the bloodbath coming. Goodbye David Price. Goodbye Bob Etheridge. Dead men walking.

Looks like GOP control of both national and state legislative branches. I pray they won't squander it by becoming political animals immediately."

Ouch!

Old 09-08-2010, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Pretty inciteful comment from the "under the dome" section of the N&O:

"What's the matter? Couldn't find a way to use the word "breathless" to describe Lawson's reaction like you did when Renee Elmers' campaign announced Sarah Palin's endorsement? I guess pointing to his "paltry" lead will have to suffice for now.

Of course, while Dome always shows its bias, nobody accuses you of being politically ignorant. You have to know that this is devastating news to Dems everywhere and especially to David Price in a district that couldn't be more gerrymandered.

More damning still, the poll was only comprised of registered voters, not likely voters. While your remaining readership may be unaware of the distinction, surely the politically savvy Dome is not. Among likely voters, given the nationwide disparity in voter interest, Lawson probably approaches a double digit lead.

A Democratic incumbent behind in that kind of district tells you something about the bloodbath coming. Goodbye David Price. Goodbye Bob Etheridge. Dead men walking.

Looks like GOP control of both national and state legislative branches. I pray they won't squander it by becoming political animals immediately."

Ouch!

INTERNAL POLL, = GARBAGE

A poll of Registered voters that shows only 9.7% below the age of 40, and only a 17% Dem advantage in that district is PURE GARBAGE. The voter list was given to the pollster by the Lawson campaign. This poll is hilariously insane.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections