Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 05:26 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,984,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Uh, link please? Or is this your own, as you say, tangent?
The links are on this thread, but why should that matter to you?

You've already admitted you have no idea what went on in the campaign and again you want to challenge facts that have been stated.

Go look it up for yourself.

Quote:
Easy for him to say, he didn't have to vote. I say, balderdash! I would never take a statement like that seriously.
See. What did I tell you. Making excuses and coming up with silly speculation - anything from getting away from the FACT that he campaigned against obama's policies.

I guess some don't mind if their candidates lie to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2010, 08:51 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,439,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
A win for Sestak, that is.

Who would then lose to Toomey.

lol..Be careful what you wish for, huh sanrene?

Election 2010: Pennsylvania Senate - Rasmussen Reports™

Old 05-21-2010, 11:13 AM

269 posts, read 296,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
lol..Be careful what you wish for, huh sanrene?

Election 2010: Pennsylvania Senate - Rasmussen Reports™
As a counterpoint:

http://www.delcotimes.com/articles/2...b429789108.txt

Old 05-21-2010, 01:21 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,875,960 times
Quote:
The links are on this thread, but why should that matter to you?

You've already admitted you have no idea what went on in the campaign and again you want to challenge facts that have been stated.

Go look it up for yourself.

See. What did I tell you. Making excuses and coming up with silly speculation - anything from getting away from the FACT that he campaigned against obama's policies.

I guess some don't mind if their candidates lie to them.
I admitted no such thing. I didn't follow the campaign closely. I am not coming up with silly speculation. It's specualtive of Critz to say he "would have" voted against the health care bill. He didn't have to cast a vote on it. He can say anything he wants. He'll never be proven wrong.

Old 05-21-2010, 02:02 PM

22,198 posts, read 19,490,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swirling_vortex View Post
An opinion piece by a conservative???

Old 05-21-2010, 02:07 PM

Quote:
I admitted no such thing. I didn't follow the campaign closely. I am not coming up with silly speculation. It's specualtive of Critz to say he "would have" voted against the health care bill. He didn't have to cast a vote on it. He can say anything he wants. He'll never be proven wrong.
Yeah, but the POINT is that he DID campaign AGAINST obamacare and Cap&tax.

I wonder how he would have done in a district that detest obamacare and doesn't hold obama in the highest regard, if he said he was FOR both of those issues.

This is easy stuff, which you are trying to make into a pretzel with flawed logic.

FACT: He campaigned AGAINST obama's policies.

doesn't matter one bit whether or not he voted on them - he pretended to oppose them.

Yeah, you did admit you had no idea about obama campaigning for Arlen his Love and the FACT that Critz campaigned against his policies - obviously you still don't want to know.

Old 05-21-2010, 02:33 PM

1,089 posts, read 656,166 times
Quote:
Biden was there the week before the primary. The machine was working for him down the stretch.

The ONLY reason obama didn't come back one more time to rally the troops was because the race was too close to call and he didn't want to be seen with another losing candidate he actively campaigned for.
Obviously you don't understand politics very well. Obama had to support Specter for at least two reasons: 1) Specter was the sitting Democratic Senator, but more importantly 2) he helped pass Health care. So, regardless of who he thought was the best he had to support Specter, otherwise it would be seen that he through him under the proverbial bus.

Old 05-21-2010, 02:40 PM

1,089 posts, read 656,166 times
Quote:

doesn't matter one bit whether or not he voted on them - he pretended to oppose them.

Yeah, you did admit you had no idea about obama campaigning for Arlen his Love and the FACT that Critz campaigned against his policies - obviously you still don't want to know.
If the district was 2-1 for Democrats, why did he take this postion?

Old 05-21-2010, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
Obviously you don't understand politics very well. Obama had to support Specter for at least two reasons: 1) Specter was the sitting Democratic Senator, but more importantly 2) he helped pass Health care. So, regardless of who he thought was the best he had to support Specter, otherwise it would be seen that he through him under the proverbial bus.
That's matters not at all. The important thing is Sestak won, and obama got another notch (loss) on dems he has campaigned for.

Pennsylvania Dems Warn Against 'Cataclysmic' Sestak As Primary Heats Up | TPMDC

Quote:
Pennsylvania Dem chairman T.J. Rooney told Politico that "if we want to keep this seat in Democratic hands, the only person capable of delivering that victory is Arlen Specter." He added: "I can't say, honest and true, if the shoe's on the other foot, that we'll have the same race in November. The results could be cataclysmic."
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
If the district was 2-1 for Democrats, why did he take this postion?
Gosh, do you guys know anything about the issues you opine on?

If the District was 2-1? All you need to do is go to the website and take a look. This is not opinion, this is facts and statistics.

He took the position because that area of PA is very much OPPOSED to obamacare and cap&tax and obama's approval rating in the area is....upside down.

Must I school you people on everything?

Old 05-21-2010, 06:24 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,875,960 times
Quote:
Yeah, but the POINT is that he DID campaign AGAINST obamacare and Cap&tax.

I wonder how he would have done in a district that detest obamacare and doesn't hold obama in the highest regard, if he said he was FOR both of those issues.

This is easy stuff, which you are trying to make into a pretzel with flawed logic.

Again, you are putting words in my mouth, stuff I never said. In fact, I posted that Critz campaigned on a pro-gun, pro-life position.

Again, it's easy to campaign against something (or for it for that matter) when you know you'll never have to cast a vote on the issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections