Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are European women just not as big on race when it comes to dating?
No, they care way less about race, it really means nothing to them 21 17.50%
They care but not the extent that American women do 42 35.00%
They care just as much as American women 25 20.83%
They care about it even more 32 26.67%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 01:09 PM

31,009 posts, read 22,051,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Having lived overseas and knowing lots of europeans (and asians), I would say that I have seen WAY many more mixed marriages in europe than I have here. Indian guys, Vietnamese guys, Japanese guys, everything.
I work with a lot of Eurpeans in my industry, over half the floor, maybe 100 men and woman, and not a single one over the years has been in a mixed marriage. Maybe it's only Europeons that stay in Europe?

Old 10-10-2011, 05:44 PM

85 posts, read 214,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I work with a lot of Eurpeans in my industry, over half the floor, maybe 100 men and woman, and not a single one over the years has been in a mixed marriage. Maybe it's only Europeons that stay in Europe?

Depends what europeans, countries like serbia, romania, poland rarely marry other groups. In the other hand mixed marriages are quite common in England, Holland, Belgium (specially flanders), metropolitan northern france and some areas of west germany. In all places where foreigners make up a more considerable amount of the population. I've seen many times pretty tall slim blonde women walking next to average joes (who are neither particularly rich or famous) of obviusly foreign/non-local background. I dont see that In the US. Thats why american men often tease black dudes about ending up with the ugliest and fattest white women nobody wants, that's just not the case in most of europe.

Old 10-10-2011, 10:44 PM

31,009 posts, read 22,051,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestMind View Post
Depends what europeans, countries like serbia, romania, poland rarely marry other groups. In the other hand mixed marriages are quite common in England, Holland, Belgium (specially flanders), metropolitan northern france and some areas of west germany. In all places where foreigners make up a more considerable amount of the population. I've seen many times pretty tall slim blonde women walking next to average joes (who are neither particularly rich or famous) of obviusly foreign/non-local background. I dont see that In the US. Thats why american men often tease black dudes about ending up with the ugliest and fattest white women nobody wants, that's just not the case in most of europe.
Im in San Diego right now in old town and I don't see a table that isn't mixed including my own. Some Eoropeans are more conservative than in the south. But we make broad statements that all Eurpeons are the same. Tamato-Tomato. Like you said, depends on where your at

Old 10-11-2011, 12:17 AM

16,257 posts, read 43,173,029 times
In the U.S., 1 in 7 marriages are interracial:

Study: 1 in 7 New U.S. Marriages is Interracial - CBS News

14.6% of all marriages in the U.S. in 2008 were interracial.

I've been in multitudes of interracial relationship in my life - black, asian, and latina. I'm now married into one. I don't in the least bit feel uncomfortale or unique, I feel I'm pretty much the American norm, to be honest.

Old 10-11-2011, 12:27 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,391,501 times
honestly i dont think race is a major focal point for women in europe or america.
the focus i see on race is almost exclusively OP's by male AA on CDF.

most of the OP's stating what women should think and feel and who they should date.
its ladies choice guys, get over it.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 10-11-2011 at 12:42 AM..

Old 10-11-2011, 05:55 AM

2,226 posts, read 5,107,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Im in San Diego right now in old town and I don't see a table that isn't mixed including my own. Some Eoropeans are more conservative than in the south. But we make broad statements that all Eurpeons are the same. Tamato-Tomato. Like you said, depends on where your at
----

Everything is relative...
For example, I have a cousin that lives in a little town in Tarragona, he married a women from Extremadura and that was a big scandal some 35 years ago.
Not much later, a woman from that same town married a Afrocuban dancer and he became a celebrity in the town.
The black man was popular because he was friendly, cultured and the only black in the entire county, and the women from Extremadura was just a Spanish immigrant from the south.

Old 11-06-2011, 07:10 AM

6 posts, read 6,520 times
For the first maybe this white girls is not into indian and asien in virgina and what is wrong with that. It is up to the womans and maybe they are prefer white guys. And that is not wrong with that. when i read this forum about this it sounds like white girls is some sort of sexy product that must say yes to any guy and if they say no to a none white guy they are racist. that vision of white girls makes me sick. like if a latina girl is saying no to me a is going saying that they are not open minded.

Old 11-06-2011, 08:04 AM

1,139 posts, read 1,991,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the swede23 View Post
For the first maybe this white girls is not into indian and asien in virgina and what is wrong with that. It is up to the womans and maybe they are prefer white guys. And that is not wrong with that. when i read this forum about this it sounds like white girls is some sort of sexy product that must say yes to any guy and if they say no to a none white guy they are racist. that vision of white girls makes me sick. like if a latina girl is saying no to me a is going saying that they are not open minded.

Again re-read Post #21 of this thread from Lighters22. I cut and pasted his post so you know what I'm referring to later on in my response to your comment:

Quote:
lighters22

In my area we have a Filipino male who is here temporarily, he is from Sweden and his wife is a Swedish woman, blonde hair and blue eyes. It makes me sick how so many American women (mostly White) try to talk her out of being with him and even try to push her into dating another guy. Granted that the man is a bit chubby but regardless, a lot of the time the women here say "she is dating an Asian, how low must her standards be".

I hope this is just Virginia.
My take on the issue: I don't have a problem with women saying they are not fond of Asian men or men of Black, Latino, White, Indian, Arab, Jewish, Pacific Islander or whatever descent! Different strokes for different folks.

However, it becomes A PROBLEM when they try to IMPOSE THEIR BIASES AND PREJUDICES on another person, which is what the Virginian white girls in question had tried doing to the Swedish woman who's married to a Filipino man! That's where my stomach churns, and I think any fair minded person's stomach would too!

I mean seriously do you really think they'd have a problem if the couple's scenario was the reverse? Doubt it! Stupid social double standards annoy me and people who try to perpetuate that crap should be strongly criticized!

Hope my post clears out the misunderstandings regarding the topic you were trying to address with your post...

Last edited by mrconfusion87; 11-06-2011 at 08:33 AM..

Old 11-06-2011, 08:50 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,411,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
In the U.S., 1 in 7 marriages are interracial:

Study: 1 in 7 New U.S. Marriages is Interracial - CBS News

14.6% of all marriages in the U.S. in 2008 were interracial.

I've been in multitudes of interracial relationship in my life - black, asian, and latina. I'm now married into one. I don't in the least bit feel uncomfortale or unique, I feel I'm pretty much the American norm, to be honest.
I think you have to be careful with stats like these, especially when it comes to Hispanics. The way the data is tabulated if a white Hispanic marries a non-Hispanic white it is deemed interracial, ditto for Black Hispanics who marry non-Hispanic Blacks.

If you look at the white out marriage rate it is under 10%. Which would suggest a clear preference among white people to marry within their race. For Blacks it creeps up to 16% along the lines of the 1 out of 7 number but for Blacks the interracial marriages are primarily driven by Black men.

My point is interracial marriage is not as popular as the media makes it out be.

Old 11-06-2011, 03:04 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,340,189 times
A woman that intentionally dates only outside their race is just as "big" on race (i.e. racist) as a woman that intentionally and exclusively dates men of her own race.

I work with a White woman that claims she is "totally not racist" and then points to the fact that she only dates Black men and would never date a White man as support for her claim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe