Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are European women just not as big on race when it comes to dating?
No, they care way less about race, it really means nothing to them 21 17.50%
They care but not the extent that American women do 42 35.00%
They care just as much as American women 25 20.83%
They care about it even more 32 26.67%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 12:32 PM

6,647 posts, read 12,149,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmtree10 View Post
1) Black 2) Latino 3) Biracial 4) Asian

At the bottom are Muslims.

Ofcourse for Mormons, Pacific Islanders are given priority after white males.
Well that sucks, I'm at the bottom (3 and 4, since I'm half-Asian).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froglet View Post
How about Eastern Europe Women towards ASIAN men. was that talked about yet? lolz
Interesting question. From what I've experienced as being half-Asian, Eastern European women seem to have some curiosity towards Asian men since they haven't seen too many of them around there. As for Russia and Ukraine, I think a lot of them are open to dating Asian men (at least Japanese).

Old 12-07-2011, 05:28 PM

2,226 posts, read 5,121,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
I met a couple of Spanish women in Spain(one in Sevilla and another in Barcelona). They were nice and we chatted though my Spanish was pretty non-existent. I had trouble putting sentences together, but my vocabulary was decent. Conversing about every day life was difficult. When they start rolling words off their tongues, it was like a blur. Couldn't even figure out what word they were saying, much less trying to understand what the word meant. The language barrier pretty much limited us in getting to know each other. It was unfortunate that i met the one in Sevilla on the next to last day there. She had invited me to a club, but i didn't want to miss my train to Granada the following morning.

It just comes down to the man chasing woman kinda thing. If you keep doing it, you will get it, assuming you can communicate...hehe....btw, i didn't see many interracial couples in Spain...it was pretty non-existent
-------

JL

There's a lot of men married with non-white Latinas, mulatto or light mulatto girls, some are real black.
Except for a man married to an Indian women, I don't know any other couples with Asians.
Asians are reserved here and they marry their own, Pakistani don't let their women out of their house, etc.

Old 12-07-2011, 05:36 PM

2,223 posts, read 5,499,196 times
Well, hasn't this thread progressed nicely. It definitely should be a sticky - "Help - How do I get laid overseas!?". It would be the place on CD for exchanging sex tips for trips abroad. Now you just gotta tell us how much you're packin' and someone will point you in the right direction.
And, if everything fails, well, they do have plenty of brothels over there, but I heard they aren't cheap. You better start saving up as soon as possible.

Old 12-09-2011, 09:32 PM

2,037 posts, read 2,998,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mufc1878 View Post
As an american of Indian descent, I concur with the OP. While I'm not 6'+ like the OP's Indian friend (only 5'8"), I have had much better experiences with women in The Netherlands, Germany, and Denmark than anything in the US (including west coast). That said, Europe is not a monolithic dating scene. I reckon the best places for someone like me would be Scandinavia, Benelux, West Germany, and perhaps Switzerland.

Even sites like Okcupid which do some interesting statistical analysis based on perceived attractiveness, message rate, etc show that the two most 'undervalued' groups in dating are black women and indian men in the US when it comes to inter-racial dating.

I'm not surprised about Northern VA at all..I lived in DC for a couple of years and it is no where as open minded as some people make it out to be.

Looks like I need to move to Sweden though..the OP's friend has pulled extremely well.

I am white and have dated a black woman before, but some of them are very tough and I can see how a people like me from the Midwest can be intimidated by boisterous black women.

That being said, I am friends with some black guys at work and the ones with money seem to very well with white women. I worked as a Management Consultant and traveled four days a week and the black guys on my team got the most girls in places like Mankato, Mn.

Old 12-09-2011, 09:40 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,233,272 times
Yeah sometimes I think living in a place with alot of minorities can actually work against you if you are one. The majority will automatically think of you as 'one of the masses' and judge you accordingly. An open-minded person wouldn't care either way, but it certainly doesn't necessarily make things easily. I think people who are more closed to the idea of IR dating are just more conservative/conventional in general about anything. People who are open-minded don't really think as much in 'shoulds' and 'ough to' and aren't as constrained by peer pressure.

Old 12-09-2011, 09:42 PM

I actually think Europe might be more race-blind in general. In America, it seems race defines so much about you. In Europe, you are thought of as an individual. I think ethnic/linguistic differences are more important in Europe than racial differences.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:16 AM

31,304 posts, read 22,291,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I actually think Europe might be more race-blind in general. In America, it seems race defines so much about you. In Europe, you are thought of as an individual. I think ethnic/linguistic differences are more important in Europe than racial differences.
Europe more race blind? As pointed out a few posts above Europe is not monolithic. There are some very conservative countries where you would possibly have to worry about your life if you dated outside of your culture/race.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:42 AM

Most are intelligent enough to realise the diversity in each place. Most people base it on their own experiences/observations, which are probably only of a few countries, likely those more open/liberal.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:17 AM

2,615 posts, read 5,416,072 times
Depends on the country. I come from the UK and recall a lot of mixed race relationships. Americans tend to get way more hung up on skin colour from my experience, even if they don't want to admit it. There are no real large black inner city ghettos that are prevalent in virtually all American major cities. Poverty back home is more to do with age old class divisions than race.

Old 01-10-2012, 10:10 AM

31,304 posts, read 22,291,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonborn View Post
Depends on the country. I come from the UK and recall a lot of mixed race relationships. Americans tend to get way more hung up on skin colour from my experience, even if they don't want to admit it. There are no real large black inner city ghettos that are prevalent in virtually all American major cities. Poverty back home is more to do with age old class divisions than race.
Just do a search on race relations in the UK. It's not as rosey you point out. The UK has had it's own race riots and lack of black representation in political office. I think there is a lot of denial and the trend is always to look at the US and say "We are not like that", when in fact many European countries have it worse or it's just brushed under the rug. Unemployment is one of them.

BBC News - Half of young black people unemployed, says report

From the standard view of people in the US, many say: "Everything is better in Europe". Considering a good portion of the people I work with are predomanently from Europeon countries, i don't see any of them in a hurry to move back
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe