Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are European women just not as big on race when it comes to dating?
No, they care way less about race, it really means nothing to them 21 17.50%
They care but not the extent that American women do 42 35.00%
They care just as much as American women 25 20.83%
They care about it even more 32 26.67%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 05:36 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,029,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Well, there is an element for ALL in the U.S.

For as many people who like 'whitey', there are a ton of others who hate 'whitey'.

For as many people who don't like blacks, there are ton of others who are very attracted to blacks.

For everyone who doesn't notice Asians, there are a ton of others who flock quickly to Asians.

Just like you'll meet guys that like blonds. You'll QUICKLY meet most Asian women who constantly and regularly talk about all the guys with 'an asian fetish'. Everyone wants an Asian girl, etc.

If you go to somewhere like Brazil or the Carribbean, you'll see legions of white guys looking to meet up a dark-skinned beauty.

I don't think blond women have any sort of a monopoly of guy's interest. Guys are interested in ALL women, and each guy has a completely different set of interests of what they are uniquely interested in.

There are even a ton of American 'chubby chasers'. Guys who want girls with 'back' or a big butt. Even some who just obese obese (I don't get it - but they certainly exist).

It's just my opinion. But anyone who believes that guys ONLY like blond cheerleaders, and don't notice anyone else, is still stuck in a 15-year-old mindset and viewing the world through a bad 1980s hollywood movie
Obviously not all men prefer blonde women, but for a long time there was certainly a very widespread fetish for blonde women. I watched a bit of the Miss Universal Pageant recently and was surprised that out of the over 100 contestants maybe only a handful were blonde. Even many of the women from places like Denmark and Sweden seemed to have more of a Latina type look and may not have been ethnically Swedish. I notice all the women had that dark look, and it's actually sort of hard to tell the different nationalities by look. The Miss USA was a brunette Italian American.

There's still alot of men who prefer blondes but it's by no means a large percentage. Most men don't really care that much about hair colour; most prefer women to have some hair, though, and most seem to strongly prefer long hair.

Old 09-23-2011, 06:02 AM

16,257 posts, read 43,168,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Obviously not all men prefer blonde women, but for a long time there was certainly a very widespread fetish for blonde women. I watched a bit of the Miss Universal Pageant recently and was surprised that out of the over 100 contestants maybe only a handful were blonde. Even many of the women from places like Denmark and Sweden seemed to have more of a Latina type look and may not have been ethnically Swedish. I notice all the women had that dark look, and it's actually sort of hard to tell the different nationalities by look. The Miss USA was a brunette Italian American.

There's still alot of men who prefer blondes but it's by no means a large percentage. Most men don't really care that much about hair colour; most prefer women to have some hair, though, and most seem to strongly prefer long hair.
I generally associate blond worship with 70s Farrah faucet era that died out with 80s teen movies.

Than it went ethnic all the way, or goth, and every other way. When I see bleached blond, I think tacky.

If Europeans think Americans only like blondes, it probably has to do with Baywatch being one of the most popular American tv show in Europe and being in syndication there everywhere.

Old 09-23-2011, 09:15 AM

190 posts, read 706,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manolón View Post
-----

In Europe, I don't know in the US, when you're over 40-60 you can't pretend to have a yough women -below 25. When you are into that age bracket, you only have access to divorced or traumatized women over 40.

That's why many people resort to 3rd World women from Latin America, Ukraine, etc.

Women from those countries are not so pampered, apparently they are less full of air, but since in most of the cases it's just a economical transaction it might end not working....

But the experience of marrying a Third World Women and divorcing in a year or in a couple of years is always far more pleasant and cheaper than marrying a local, except when there are children.

Well Manolón i think we are from the same country, i understand why the man would marry with a woman from certain countries, what you say about women of 40 (or more) is pretty sad, not all women are traumatized at that age, and if they are, the same goes for men. My own aunt was divorced after 30 years and remade her life with another man of her age, and they are happy. There are types and types of people.

Old 09-23-2011, 08:44 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,029,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
I generally associate blond worship with 70s Farrah faucet era that died out with 80s teen movies.

Than it went ethnic all the way, or goth, and every other way. When I see bleached blond, I think tacky.

If Europeans think Americans only like blondes, it probably has to do with Baywatch being one of the most popular American tv show in Europe and being in syndication there everywhere.
Still, if so many young women are dyeing their hair blonde than I think there still is quite a demand for them.

Old 09-24-2011, 04:30 AM

2,226 posts, read 5,106,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bailarina View Post
Well Manolón i think we are from the same country, i understand why the man would marry with a woman from certain countries, what you say about women of 40 (or more) is pretty sad, not all women are traumatized at that age, and if they are, the same goes for men. My own aunt was divorced after 30 years and remade her life with another man of her age, and they are happy. There are types and types of people.
----

Bailarina

Problem here is that young women, from 35 downwards, automatically scorn men above 45-60. At that age bracket, we're out of the market no matter your social and economical status. If you go after younger women, you're a dirty old man. That's the reality here.

Just another thing, not that we don't like the physical appearance of Spanish women below 30, but they are culturally a world apart from a man over 40-60.

For example, I don't like profanities or women acting in a certain way, I don't like overpampered women or women acting like men or over-assertive and rude mannered women.

For example, my neighbour's daughters are about 24-27 and they have the "coj...." word in their mouth every five seconds, and they are relatively rich and went to private schools...imagine the rest.... At the corner of my house, the daughters of very affluent families meet to drink gin and whisky bottles and smoke pot, and they proffer obscenities one after another.

That's why many people here like Latin women, they are like women were in Spain a long time ago..and of course, you can meet younger women that are not traumatized by a wrecked relationship, or for not finding their prince on time.

As to Asian women or men, I don't think they are a hot item here.

I don't think that race is important here, people here might feel more empaty for colored people that for the inhabitants of other Spanish regions or European countries.

Last edited by Manolón; 09-24-2011 at 04:47 AM..

Old 09-24-2011, 08:13 AM

7 posts, read 20,783 times
I don't know if this was already mentioned but Paki's, Indians, Latino's, are not a races. I have seen dark and light Indians\Pakis with caucasian and negroid or mongoliod features. Also nothern VA has some of that classic southern american discriminative feel to it, dispite their somewhat more progressive stance. A lot of women there grew up there or come from the midwest or south to work for the govt and continue their conservative values.

Generally the more intellegent a person is the less racist they are. Also those from truely diverse communities. Try those women. In Europe a lot of the stigma associated with darker complexions does not exist do to the lack of.

Old 09-24-2011, 09:37 AM

1,801 posts, read 3,553,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manolón View Post
----

Bailarina

Problem here is that young women, from 35 downwards, automatically scorn men above 45-60. At that age bracket, we're out of the market no matter your social and economical status. If you go after younger women, you're a dirty old man. That's the reality here.

Just another thing, not that we don't like the physical appearance of Spanish women below 30, but they are culturally a world apart from a man over 40-60.

For example, I don't like profanities or women acting in a certain way, I don't like overpampered women or women acting like men or over-assertive and rude mannered women.

For example, my neighbour's daughters are about 24-27 and they have the "coj...." word in their mouth every five seconds, and they are relatively rich and went to private schools...imagine the rest.... At the corner of my house, the daughters of very affluent families meet to drink gin and whisky bottles and smoke pot, and they proffer obscenities one after another.

That's why many people here like Latin women, they are like women were in Spain a long time ago..and of course, you can meet younger women that are not traumatized by a wrecked relationship, or for not finding their prince on time.

As to Asian women or men, I don't think they are a hot item here.

I don't think that race is important here, people here might feel more empaty for colored people that for the inhabitants of other Spanish regions or European countries.
This is OT, but anyway...

Perhaps women below 30 don't like older Spanish men because many of those older men want women to behave like "those women of old" (cook for them, iron their clothes, raise their children, etc. No matter whether or not they work outside the home too). To each her own, but many Spanish women who have got an education and are independent usually expect their partner in life to work with them and not against or apart from them. It's only natural. Also, you should mention the fact that most men of any age spit out profanities all the time -we (women) have ears and linguistic sensitivity, too. Maybe Spanish men should set an example before making demands?

Women in Spain, a long time ago as you say, were devoid of many rights. They even needed their father's or husband's permission/signature to own some things. So they were what they were forced to be: roles models inspired on the Catholic model of feminity, who is none other than Christ's holy mother. Women were expected to deliver many healthy babies, keep their family happy (at the expense of a complete cultural disregard for her feelings), never utter a bad word, always dress in a feminine way, and of course no smoking, no drinking and generally no complaints, ever. That was the ideal and what the expectations of men were based on, (not such) a long time ago (Franco's era is the paradigmatic recent example). Needless to say, women had no demands of their own. The husbands could drink, smoke, swear, be lousy fathers, visit prostitutes, binge on food and not wash a single dish... It was simply "things that men do". So some older men, who grew up in that kind of household, are too spoilt and too useless for most young women to see any inch of appeal in them.

And back on topic, race is no big issue for most educated women in Europe. Cultural incompatibility, on the other hand, can always be a problem, but that's regardless of skin color.

Old 09-27-2011, 01:51 AM

2,699 posts, read 2,410,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lighters22 View Post
for this topic, I am talking mainly about White women since they are constitute the majority in both countries

Europe isn't a country.

Old 09-27-2011, 02:29 AM

5,586 posts, read 10,647,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Data Guy View Post
Europe isn't a country.
Of course it is, you're forgetting the code here on CD - all European cultures and societies are identical - that's why they call it Europe, right? - and any stereotype/prejudice/wild generalisation is equally valid regardless of whether you're talking about Sweden or Ireland or Bosnia etc, and anybody who disagrees is a racist. Just making sure you know!

Old 09-27-2011, 03:24 AM

2,226 posts, read 5,106,766 times
Noela

You're talking about Spain at large. I'm from Catalonia, women have always been in control here since Neolithic times. Catalans are basically doormats, Basques too.

When you see a Catalan couple anywhere, the man always looks like a marmot waiting orders.

I'm not talking about the rights of women during Franco and the National-Catholic period. I'm talking here about manners. I hate women proffering profanities or chewing gum. I hate women behaving like truck drivers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe