Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2014, 08:01 AM

235 posts, read 210,985 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2014, 08:08 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,227,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzes55 View Post
АК - 47
Production AK - 47 has long been completed. Even the AK-74 is an old rifle.

Old 05-09-2014, 08:09 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Have any of you ever fired a AK-74? I have, as a derivate of it is our service rifle. And you can kill all of those people in that video. And the rifle is deadly accurate. Why did that gunman shoot only 3 people? If he were a Right Sector activist he would know that weapon by heart and dropped 20 people at least. You hear 21 shots from 6 minutes forward, and he kills 3 people. WHY?
I did not see the video nor even what you are referring to, but just addressing the missed shots; I have fired both the 47 (I own a 47) and 74, and have three combat deployments; you would be amazed at the misses despitie the amount of gun fire used. Anyone, even with training, not use to firing can get overcome real quick with excitement and nervousness (almost panick in some cases), thus impact their accuracy. This eventually calms down after a while to a certain during constant engagements. It is also difficult to hit moving targets with a fatal shot, plus the numerous targets leads to a little confusion in the person shooting (as in do not chase every rabbit, you will end up with none).

Then there is what you alluded to, training. Those who lack any training are usually horrible shots and are all over the place because they cannot control the weapon.

Old 05-09-2014, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Production AK - 47 has long been completed. Even the AK-74 is an old rifle.
I served in the Army for a long time, so I don't know, weapons since then has not kept

Old 05-09-2014, 08:23 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,614,742 times
Saw some very interesting stats and curious how some here see it. Poll is from a professional organization and conducted so as to obtain statistical reliability. 1000 Russians and 1659 Ukrainians were interviewed in April (Pew Research Center). Polling was done after the Crimean 'annexation' and before the raging violence we see now.

**Two-thirds of Ukrainians say Russia is a 'bad influence' on the country. In 2009 only 25% agreed with that assessment.

**Russian speakers in Ukraine on the other hand are much more negative about the US and Europe.

**Only 23% of Russians have a favorable opinion of the US, down from 51% last year.

Generally, Ukrainians and including Russian speakers want a unified state but have concerns about the government.

From the looks of I'd say the Ukrainians are pretty much on target with their assessments considering the upheaval going on. The Russian feeling about the US is unfortunately something
that is at the mercy of current events. Not good to see the drop but there is something more to think about rather than being 'liked' under the circumstances which came about.

One poster noted that Mr. Putin is good for Ukraine. Not really I think. It's the Ukrainian people that are more important and what they want and need.

Old 05-09-2014, 08:37 AM

"Power of Russia can only be undermined by the separation from it of Ukraine... not only must tear, but to oppose Ukraine Russia.
To do this, just need to find and nurture traitors among elites and change the consciousness of one part of the great nation to such an extent that he will hate everything Russian, to hate their family, not knowing it. All the rest is a matter of time."© Otto von Bismarck

This now makes the CIA and NSA of Ukraine, and this is very sad

Old 05-09-2014, 08:37 AM

1,028 posts, read 1,121,351 times
Default Haben Sie verstandnis fur Putins kurs

German people support Putin.

Attached Thumbnails
The future of Ukraine-a5ez6xpt6pc.jpg  

Old 05-09-2014, 08:41 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,792,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
I did not see the video nor even what you are referring to, but just addressing the missed shots; I have fired both the 47 (I own a 47) and 74, and have three combat deployments; you would be amazed at the misses despitie the amount of gun fire used. Anyone, even with training, not use to firing can get overcome real quick with excitement and nervousness (almost panick in some cases), thus impact their accuracy. This eventually calms down after a while to a certain during constant engagements. It is also difficult to hit moving targets with a fatal shot, plus the numerous targets leads to a little confusion in the person shooting (as in do not chase every rabbit, you will end up with none).

Then there is what you alluded to, training. Those who lack any training are usually horrible shots and are all over the place because they cannot control the weapon.
That is what I'm referring to. Now the video has been removed by youtube, but I counted 21 shots in less than 1.5 minutes. 3 people died, but a skilled marksman (who the Pravy Sektor should be) would've killed more. I don't know, I think shooting at something living would be terrible and I don't know how I could deal with it, but the shooter doesn't hesitate, as he keeps firing throughout the last 1.5 minutes. But he does it very very poorly. The range can't be more than 300-400 meters, and anyone familiar with the 7.62 or 5.45 AK would do "better".

And what I've heard, Pravy Sektor have military camps for their members and they should be familiar with the weapon and shooting at all, as those people who died were more or less stationary targets. This shooter seems to be just some random guy.

AND OF COURSE I'M NOT DEFENDING THE SHOOTER! I hope that man/woman will be brought to justice and sent to jail.

edit: I don't know. The last time I fired a RK-76 (the Finnish service rifle unscoped) I think I hit one 6 and the rest 7-10 from 300 meters. Yes, the killer must've been distracted or unproffessional. At least he couldn't been very shocked, as he kept firing regularly.

Last edited by Ariete; 05-09-2014 at 08:54 AM..

Old 05-09-2014, 08:41 AM

1,028 posts, read 1,121,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post
One poster noted that Mr. Putin is good for Ukraine. Not really I think. It's the Ukrainian people that are more important and what they want and need.
Ukraine needs ukrainian Putin instead of all these oligarchs, fascists and bandits. But there is nobody who can be ukrainian Putin.

Old 05-09-2014, 08:42 AM

Default Terror

In the East the junta continues punitive " operations. However, it is in the same form is an important process, not the result. Under the process is understood as extra-judicial killing of civilians, which writes to the terrorists. The logic is simple - if he is killed, then the terrorist.

Statement Avakov made, of course, Facebook is a great illustration of cannibalistic logic punishers. Terrorists are called subordinate Avakov, who refused to obey the order to open fire on the citizens. Actually, this has already repeatedly told himself Avakov, and Turchynov, call the police of South-East unreliable and to be split.

The policemen took the building of the police Department, refused leaving it. The junta sent a punitive. Judging by the photos, interspersed with the army in the city of woshi most real policemen from films about the war - the age of motley dressed and armed rabble ranges from 20 to 50 years and above. This rabble and opened fire on the people who moved to vacate the police blocked the Sonderkommando.

On numerous video from today Mariupol see who kills. The Nazis used by the rebels even RPG - apparently, shooting at the building of the police Department. As a result - fire. The Bandera feel some excitement to the burning of their victims alive, giving it almost sacred significance.

From the police Department had managed to take the body of a murdered policeman and killed it a shot. Apparently, Einsatzgruppe blockading the police, we were going to do the same for the operation itself, as in Odessa is to kill people in the building, and then simply burn it. Partially successful, partly not.

Sense in the punitive actions of neath the slightest - entered the city several hundred killers able to shoot people on the streets, but to take control of his no. Therefore, the aim of plaque remains the same as before - terror and nothing more. A sense of terror at all times the same - intimidation. The more massive and it will be meaningless - the greater the fear. The tactics of the terrorists, jihadists and terrorists-Bandera no different.

on may 11, must pass the referendum. If he will give the result for which, in General, and thought - proclaim independence of the territories of the Luhansk and Donetsk regions - it will provide reasonably be termed punitive expedition of the Kyiv simply a terrorist group and to make war with her, as it should be to make war with terrorists - without negotiations and to destroy. Another strategy of the fight against terrorism does not exist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe