Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2014, 09:58 AM

7 posts, read 23,269 times

Advertisements

@LINative

United States Air Forces in Europe - Air Forces Africa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I really don't know it and google search results are unclear, so I am asking it now: Does any of those countries have military bases in USA?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2014, 10:09 AM

4,491 posts, read 6,344,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikiwww View Post
@LINative

United States Air Forces in Europe - Air Forces Africa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I really don't know it and google search results are unclear, so I am asking it now: Does any of those countries have military bases in USA?
> ‘Hiding’ in Reston Since 1991 – The Connection

Old 05-08-2014, 10:34 AM

8,982 posts, read 10,462,326 times
Here's a question for the Putin apologists: If the Ukraine isn't really a country, why did it maintain a separate presence at the U.N. throughout the Cold War -- when it wasn't even independent?

Old 05-08-2014, 10:34 AM

7 posts, read 23,269 times
This way it seems more fair and not like USA is spreading itself in one direction all over the world. Why I never heard about that foreign presence in USA? I am listening often to Spanish news channels. They are on the same side of the iron curtain, but never said nothing about it. Still it seems like a movement to only one direction. Even if not 0%-100%, let say 10%-90% is too disproportionate in my opinion. I don't know what is the exact proportion of military presence between countries. If I was a president I would not let foreign warriors to enter my country.

I'm getting too deep into politics, and I hate them, if I suddenly stop to respond, you know why would it be.

Old 05-08-2014, 10:39 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,107,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikiwww View Post
@LINative

Many European air forces conduct their combat aviation training in the US because of difficulities regarding live ammo practice runs in their own countries due to the lack of available open space.

http://www.holloman.af.mil/library/f...et.asp?id=4364
German Air Force training wing at Holloman AFB in New Mexico.

I am certain there are others as well, I believe the Dutch and possibly the Danish.

Old 05-08-2014, 10:43 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,618,183 times
Quote:
This was found in the burned building in Odessa. Think
yourself.

Maybe Mr. Putin saw it too? It appears he's paused at perhaps the brink. The West isn't sure what to make of it. Could it be he's seen enough of the violence? Says he wants 'open dialogue'. Will be interesting to see how this goes.

Old 05-08-2014, 10:45 AM

1,028 posts, read 1,122,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Here's a question for the Putin apologists: If the Ukraine isn't really a country, why did it maintain a separate presence at the U.N. throughout the Cold War -- when it wasn't even independent?
Ukraine is a country with it's own history and culture, but now Ukraine is occupied by nazi which are doing everything to destroy Ukraine. Donbass never wanted to separate from Ukraine, but when legally elected president was overthrown by nationalists of RS they declared that they don't want to live with nationalists in one country.

Old 05-08-2014, 10:47 AM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
You mean "to keep the Russians out, the Americans in, and the Germans down"?
Well apparently its still needed!

NATO - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Of course it's still needed because the conflicts in the world are far from over. That's why as much as NATO, Russian army is needed, Chinese military is needed and so is Iranian Army.

Quote:
No seriously, I know that you probably do not like NATO because Russia is not part of it.
The way Russia has been approached/treated by the West in post -Soviet times, it was obvious that Russia didn't belong in NATO.

Quote:
But since NATO and the European Union have been created, Europe has finally known peace.
Europe/US and Russia finally had peace not because of creation of NATO as you might think, but because of the presence on nuclear weapons on both sides.

Quote:
That is because these countries which for hundreds of years have had one war after another, finally feel secure.
Because at that point in time the US "secured" them.

Old 05-08-2014, 10:52 AM

8,982 posts, read 10,462,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atai J. View Post
Ukraine is a country with it's own history and culture
But many Russians are insisting that it isn't, and never was.

Why the inconsistency?

Old 05-08-2014, 11:20 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,234,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Because Ukraine is more than a thousand years. As Russia and Belarus. Previously we were a united country, but over time Russia and Ukraine became independent states. Therefore, Ukraine was a member of the UN since inception.

And we not say, that the Ukraine isn't really a country. We say that modern Ukraine was formed with the participation of Russia. Western Ukrainian lands were conquered by the Russian Empire, the eastern lands were transferred from Russia to Ukraine. By the way, Ukrainians and Belarusian took an active part in the life of the Russian Empire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe