Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2019, 07:24 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Alright, so the IMF wants a land market in Ukraine before it coughs up the loan. Nothing has really changed then.

Tomorrow Putin, Macron, Merkel and Zelensky meet.

I think Merkel and Putin have an interest in the welfare of Ukraine. Macron? Not sure, he's got his own interests in mind? There's not too many ways this can go. I think Ukraine is going to remain in a state of chaos, if Zelensky goes with what is the obvious solution he may not survive his term and Ukraine may not survive as a nation.

Yes.
France needs Russian market and business in Russia as Germans do.
Macron ( judging by his latest speeches) realized by now that Putin's international polices ( his economic ties with China including) were quite successful, and if France will not take the clues, it will be left "out in the cold." And currently France is not in the best position as far as economy goes, hence - "the yellow vests" and internal strife.
So we are basically back to the square one - the loss of Russian market by old European powers back in the nineties, as the result of IMF manipulations and neo-liberal economic reforms, enforced on Russia by American government under Clinton.

By now Old Europe realizes how important Russia is for them, even for this market reason alone.
Too bad that by the time of this realization, instead of being stable and democratic country ( as Russia should have been if not for the influence of Neo-liberalism,) this is Putin's Russia, with all the consequences.

But it is what it is, so the show must go on.

As far as tomorrow meeting goes - the main thing here ( if I can point at it,) is the transfer of Ukrainian-Russian border under Ukrainian control, ( as Ukraine demands it,) before anything else can take place.

But Ukraine where the Nationalists are still running the show and Zelensky is bending to their wishes, - this Ukraine can't be trusted for a second.

Last edited by erasure; 12-08-2019 at 08:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2019, 08:27 PM

^
P.S. Speaking of which; you can see for yourself what's going on in Paris ( before that upcoming meeting.)
They are having a four day National strike from what I understand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MitAZ68f_0

Old 12-09-2019, 12:15 PM

The history is in the making. ( Paris meeting.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJw9hnfftPU

I guess we need to have a bit more patience to hear the final results.

Last edited by erasure; 12-09-2019 at 12:24 PM..

Old 12-09-2019, 05:40 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Yes.
Macron ( judging by his latest speeches) realized by now that Putin's international polices ( his economic ties with China including) were quite successful, and if France will not take the clues, it will be left "out in the cold." And currently France is not in the best position as far as economy goes, hence - "the yellow vests" and internal strife.
So we are basically back to the square one - the loss of Russian market by old European powers back in the nineties, as the result of IMF manipulations and neo-liberal economic reforms, enforced on Russia by American government under Clinton.

By now Old Europe realizes how important Russia is for them, even for this market reason alone.
Too bad that by the time of this realization, instead of being stable and democratic country ( as Russia should have been if not for the influence of Neo-liberalism,) this is Putin's Russia, with all the consequences.

As far as tomorrow meeting goes - the main thing here ( if I can point at it,) is the transfer of Ukrainian-Russian border under Ukrainian control, ( as Ukraine demands it,) before anything else can take place.

But Ukraine where the Nationalists are still running the show and Zelensky is bending to their wishes, - this Ukraine can't be trusted for a second.
I think your right on target concerning Germany and France. Not to mention others. They see the writing on the wall concerning the developments over the last decade.

As for the meeting and returning control of the border to Ukraine I don't ever see that happening.

Old 12-09-2019, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Yes.

I think your right on target concerning Germany and France. Not to mention others. They see the writing on the wall concerning the developments over the last decade. There's the developing World Island of which the Europeans are a part of.

As for the meeting and returning control of the border to Ukraine I don't ever see that happening.

Old 12-10-2019, 06:36 AM

From what I'm seeing there was no major decisions made. They kicked the can down the road.

Old 12-10-2019, 05:33 PM

No way should Putin/Russia allow the DNR-LNR to be occupied.

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/ar...r-east-ukraine

Old 12-11-2019, 05:51 PM

The latest from The Duran, Vesti.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6mbx3E0sqw&t=1204s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0M3jP_Qq-Q&t=383s

Old 12-11-2019, 11:25 PM

Quote:
The latest from The Duran, Vesti.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6mbx3E0sqw&t=1204s

I have to disagree somewhat with these guys here, when they are talking about giving Zelensky a leeway, ( or rather that Putin should give him some support, understanding that Z. is up against neo-nazis in his country.)
In fact my own verdict here, after this meeting, is that Zelensky is done and over with, as far as I am concerned. Because you can't act like a lying piece of sh*t, you can't bend over to the neo-nazis and cater to their every wish, while keeping pretending that you are a "unifying force of the country."

We already know that Zelensky, being originally a Russian speaker from the South-East, switched to Ukrainian exclusively in his daily activities as a president, although he has been voted in as a president by the Russian-speaking regions first of all, that hoped that he would protect their rights, and that he would abolish the draconian language laws, implemented by his predecessor.
Instead, Z completely switched to Ukrainian, trying to please the WESTERN Ukrainians, ( the regions, where the neo-nazis hail from,) and totally ignored the draconian language laws, thus approving them.
But during Paris meeting, when talking about Donbass people ( who, as everyone knows by now, are Russian speakers,) Z. switched to Russian yet again, reminding of his own background and saying that "in our country people are free to choose whichever language they want to speak - Russian or Ukrainian."

All while in coming September Russian language is going to be outlawed in schools and anywhere else, according to the new law, that Zelensky basically approved.

And in your second Russian video above Scrat, ( "60 minutes",) E. Popov ( one of the anchor-people) wonders how and why A. Avakov ( Ukrainian minister of internal affairs, who is in charge of Nazi units - Azov et al,) made it to Paris as part of Ukrainian delegation.

But he made it there precisely for that reason - to make sure that Zelensky would follow THEIR instructions, and wouldn't do "anything stupid," anything that would go against the Nationalists bottom line.

All this didn't pass unnoticed for the South-Eastern regions of the country.

I think that A. Sharij ( whom Wadim hates so much) commented on it in details, saying that "as a Ukrainian, ( he IS an ethnic Ukrainian,) I always supported Ukrainian as a state language, when it comes to state affairs on a governmental level. And obviously, I know Ukrainian very well and love it. But in my daily life I prefer Russian. And if I'd be FORCED to switch to Ukrainian as the only language, the way the government intends to do now, I might reconsider my ideas regarding Ukrainian as a state language as well. You can't FORCE people to love something, as this government is forcing people to "love Ukrainian."

The same sentiment is heard across youtube as well - South-Easterners reject this forcible "Ukrainization" that's enforced upon them now already under Zelensky. ( His government even appointed the "ombudsman of Ukrainian language," who explains what penalties and how much people are going to pay now, when they "don't follow the new language laws.")
So I like the way Sharij ends his video, as he does lately referring to Ze and his "green party," which is rather telling, starting from 13:01

Another thing I like, is as someone has put it on Youtube in comments;

"If you are bothered by the language,
If you are bothered by the names of the streets and cities,
If you are bothered by the monuments,
If you are bothered by history,
If you are bothered by anniversaries,
If you are bothered by religion,
then may be you are the OCCUPANTS, that came to someone else's lands?"

This pretty much sums up the attempt of forcible "Ukrainianization" of the South-East by Western Ukrainians, supported under Zelensky as much as under Poroshenko.

The project of "Ukraine" as "one country" is coming to an end I think.

Last edited by erasure; 12-12-2019 at 12:14 AM..

Old 12-12-2019, 12:00 AM

Quote:
From what I'm seeing there was no major decisions made. They kicked the can down the road.

This couldn't be any other way at this point in time.
As I've said, this was not going to be an easy one for Putin.
He keeps on insisting on "Minsk agreement" that was signed by Poroshenko after the total capitulation of Ukrainian troops in Ilovaisk and Debaltzevo, but Americans didn't drop Ukraine as he probably hoped ( they keep on pursuing their goals even after the loss of Crimea.)

And of course both Givi and Motorola ( who were the heroes of Ilovaisk and Debalzevo) were assassinated soon after that. And in spite of la-la that DKM was trying to promote here, this was NOT done "on Kremlin's orders" - this much is clear by now I guess.)
But anyways. Putin is still insisting on agreement that was signed back THEN, ( keeping his goals in mind,) but the time plays against him, because by now Ukrainians hope that "times changed," and with people like Motorola, Givi and Zakhar out of the picture, ( yet Americans being very much part of it, backing Ukrainian gov.,) they have a chance to change the situation to their own advantage, cancelling the previous agreement.

That's what basically took place in Paris - an impasse, as charming and gracious Macron was as a host, genuinely trying to help resolve the situation.

Last edited by erasure; 12-12-2019 at 12:27 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe