Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2019, 07:27 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Oh, that's where DKM might be now, working on the fine details)))

"I was pleased to note that IMF staff has reached agreement with the authorities on the policies to underpin a new 3-year, SDR 4 billion (about US$ 5.5 billion) arrangement under the Extended Fund Facility. This agreement is subject to IMF management approval and to approval by the Executive Board, and effectiveness of the arrangement will be conditional on the implementation of a set of prior actions."

https://www.imf.org/en/News/Articles...tor-on-Ukraine

P.S. But seriously, when I listen to Dubinsky, ( and other Ukrainian economists,) the situation is getting only worse and worse with these loans for Ukraine.

I wonder just what kind of magic tricks they will pull off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2019, 07:33 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I wonder just what kind of magic tricks they will pull off.

Land.
The IMF wants to push the sale of land ASAP, unconditionally for foreigners to buy - and that's one of the necessary conditions for more loans I believe.

And THAT's a very touchy subject in Ukrainian society, where both Ukrainian-speakers and Russian speakers are united in a protest - approximately 70% of them.

Old 12-08-2019, 12:09 AM

750 posts, read 907,095 times
Quote:
P.S. But seriously, when I listen to Dubinsky.
Dubinsky is not an economist, but a journalist of commissioned articles who earned more than $ 2.5 million from his `investigations` in the interests of Kolomoisky. To date, his mother owns 24 (!) apartments with a total area of ​​more than 2000 m2, purchased over the past 5 years (strange or not?). She also owns 10 cars, including 7 Mercedes cars (what for?!!). Dubinsky himself refused to file a declaration of income, explaining that he did not remember how much and what his property was, and he earned all his money with “journalistic talent”
If you read his "investigation", then you should not mention this in a decent society. Only Shary is dirtier than Dubinsky.

Old 12-08-2019, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadym View Post
Dubinsky is not an economist, but a journalist of commissioned articles who earned more than $ 2.5 million from his `investigations` in the interests of Kolomoisky. To date, his mother owns 24 (!) apartments with a total area of ​​more than 2000 m2, purchased over the past 5 years (strange or not?). She also owns 10 cars, including 7 Mercedes cars (what for?!!). Dubinsky himself refused to file a declaration of income, explaining that he did not remember how much and what his property was, and he earned all his money with “journalistic talent”
If you read his "investigation", then you should not mention this in a decent society. Only Shary is dirtier than Dubinsky.

Wadym....
I should have put you on ignore long time ago, but I am too lazy to look for that ignore button.
No, Dubinsky is NOT an economist - I already said many times before, that Dubinsky is an investigative journalist, turned MP. ( And yes, I mentioned lately that he was a major ( and popular) TV producer as well.)
But Dubinsky understands economy and politics well ( unlike a lot of idiots in your Rada,) and he is trying to educate YOUR public on these subjects as much as he can.

As far as his "24 apartments" and "10 cars" go, the most important thing that you need to understand is however he made these money, he DID NOT make them while being a government official in any shape or form. (And yes, he could have not remembered all of his assets off top, but he was NOT REQUIRED OFFICIALLY yet to fill his declaration, after he just became an MP. When he will be, then we'll talk again what was the origin of his funds.)
So whatever business deals he had, he INVESTED HIS MONEY in REAL ESTATE in UKRAINE and IN HIS CAR COLLECTION. Half of these rare cars he FIXED HIMSELF, since he is AN ENGINEER by trade.

But you obviously don't know any of it, since hear-say is all you care about, as in case with Sharij ( whom I follow too.)

Overall, unlike you, I follow different people, of different backgrounds, from "right" and "left", as long as they don't sound like idiots and what they say make sense. Even though I might not be in total agreement with them ( for example Dubinsky is very anti-Russian and he basically supports your "war heroes." Not sure to which degree, since he is Jewish.)
As for his ties with Kolomoysky - D. was a major producer for Kolomoysky channel ( Zelensky became the rising star thanks for that channel too.) So I already mentioned that I am uncertain about that connection between Kolomoysky and Dubinsky - how far it goes.
As for the rest - here, enjoy Dubinsky's latest car show - he invited his viewers to learn more about those rare cars, which (being an engineer) he apparently enjoys so much - all these Mercedeces and what's not. ( Yes, he turned even THAT into a good show, for those who are interested in that kind of stuff.)

So look for some information before your usual la-la - it's readily available.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jL9IupSv0g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlmBoAao5KU&t=750s

Last edited by erasure; 12-08-2019 at 11:09 AM..

Old 12-08-2019, 11:35 AM

Alright, so the IMF wants a land market in Ukraine before it coughs up the loan. Nothing has really changed then.

Tomorrow Putin, Macron, Merkel and Zelensky meet.

I think Merkel and Putin have an interest in the welfare of Ukraine. Macron? Not sure, he's got his own interests in mind? There's not too many ways this can go. I think Ukraine is going to remain in a state of chaos, if Zelensky goes with what is the obvious solution he may not survive his term and Ukraine may not survive as a nation.

Old 12-08-2019, 11:37 AM

Wadym. Has nothing to contribute to this. End of story.

Old 12-08-2019, 01:16 PM

And the hounds are loosed!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w2UxDTRCjw

Porkochunko almost got hit by a slushball. I wonder what we would've seen had we been there ourselves.

Old 12-08-2019, 01:47 PM

^
Yep, that's what awaits Zelensky back home ( more or less) IF he will fulfill Minsk agreement tomorrow, the way it has been laid out by Germany-Russia-France.

And SOMEONE ( as I already said) asked ( no, rather DEMANDED) not to touch Porosheno, in spite of all the criminal charges filed against him. He still sits in the parliament.

And that's what he is concocting now, with the help of the Nationalists.
The ones, that 70% of Ukrainians wanted to see gone, as the last elections showed.

Old 12-08-2019, 04:58 PM

Quote:
^
Yep, that's what awaits Zelensky back home ( more or less) IF he will fulfill Minsk agreement tomorrow, the way it has been laid out by Germany-Russia-France.

And SOMEONE ( as I already said) asked ( no, rather DEMANDED) not to touch Porosheno, in spite of all the criminal charges filed against him. He still sits in the parliament.

And that's what he is concocting now, with the help of the Nationalists.
The ones, that 70% of Ukrainians wanted to see gone, as the last elections showed.
If it comes to conflict Poland and the US will be behind it. I think they're the ones causing most of the trouble now. We know this. If it comes to civil war.....

Old 12-08-2019, 05:29 PM

All of what Zelensky wants is not going to happen.

1. The release of all Ukrainian prisoners.

2. A full and genuine ceasefire and withdrawal of all armed groups and weapons before any elections can be held in the east.

3. Participation by candidates from Ukrainian political parties in elections and not just pro-Russian parties.

4. The right of all those who have fled the conflict to return to vote.

5. Restoration of Ukrainian control over the 400-km stretch of the country's border with Russia currently controlled by rebels.

#5 is a no go from the gate. #3 I would not allow it, not after what has happened. Anyone associated with Kiev should not be allowed to participate.

From this article.

https://news.kievukraine.info/2019/1...lly-bring.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe