Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2021, 08:28 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,853,283 times

Advertisements

They're not all... I know several pro Putinists in Ukraine personally. All pensioners missing the soviet union and convinced Putin will bring it back. None with grandkids there, so why do they care about the future so much. They just want higher pensiya and Putin TV tells them they get such huge pensiya in Russia that its practically a retiree paradise. Not that they know a single Russian personally themselves and hardly ever left their oblast their whole lives...

Does the bolded hit a little close to home?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2021, 09:45 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
There is an new, interesting, albeit long video on the whole Ukraine mess, its Nazi connections etc.:

https://youtu.be/PLF7fm6i1FM

Yep, that's pretty much it.
This is the stuff Western media refuses to talk about, since it doesn't fit the narrative created earlier.

Old 04-19-2021, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
They're not all... I know several pro Putinists in Ukraine personally. All pensioners missing the soviet union and convinced Putin will bring it back. None with grandkids there, so why do they care about the future so much. They just want higher pensiya and Putin TV tells them they get such huge pensiya in Russia that its practically a retiree paradise. Not that they know a single Russian personally themselves and hardly ever left their oblast their whole lives...

Does the bolded hit a little close to home?

Is Sharij a "pensioner"?

Because we were talking about Sharij, you know...

Old 04-20-2021, 11:12 PM
DKM

This is a waste of time, since you are deliberately ignoring what I say. I'll just reiterate there are two categories of Pro Russians in Ukraine:
1) Paid provocateurs
2) Pensioners (some of them).

They have different reasons of course to be "Pro Russian" but at the end of the day it comes down to money they either get or think they will get by bringing Russian control to where they live.

Old 04-20-2021, 11:15 PM
DKM

Ze said it best today to Putin when offering to meet him at the front lines:

"Ukraine and Russia, despite their common past, look to the future differently. We are we. You are you. But this is not necessarily a problem, it is an opportunity. At the very least -- an opportunity, before it's too late, to stop the deadly mathematics of future military losses."

Putin cannot send his army into Ukraine to save the rebellion he created. Not beyond the area he controls already. At best, he will formally take control of Donetsk but I still don't see why he would do it. I hope he does, which is why I don't believe he will.

Old 04-21-2021, 12:40 AM

Quote:
This is a waste of time, since you are deliberately ignoring what I say. According to Nazi propaganda, there are two categories of Pro Russians in Ukraine:
1) Paid provocateurs
2) Pensioners (some of them).

They have different reasons of course to be "Pro Russian" but at the end of the day it comes down to money they either get or think they will get by bringing Russian control to where they live.

Fixed it for you.

Old 04-21-2021, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Ze said it best today to Putin when offering to meet him at the front lines:

"Ukraine and Russia, despite their common past, look to the future differently. We are we. You are you. But this is not necessarily a problem, it is an opportunity. At the very least -- an opportunity, before it's too late, to stop the deadly mathematics of future military losses."

Putin cannot send his army into Ukraine to save the rebellion he created. Not beyond the area he controls already. At best, he will formally take control of Donetsk but I still don't see why he would do it. I hope he does, which is why I don't believe he will.

Right.

Someone already posted this video today, with this very "offer of Zelensky to Putin to meet," and the earlier footage of Zelensky on the front lines, meeting with the Nazi battalions. Which really shows who is the boss in the country - so called "commander in chief" or the nazi.

So why should Putin pay any attention to some puppet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTWhi-yOZlI

Old 04-21-2021, 08:13 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Right.

Someone already posted this video today, with this very "offer of Zelensky to Putin to meet," and the earlier footage of Zelensky on the front lines, meeting with the Nazi battalions. Which really shows who is the boss in the country - so called "commander in chief" or the nazi.

Any meeting with Zelensky or Biden now will simply be a opportunity for propagandists. I really don't see where anything productive will come of it.

Russian politicians really need to learn to stand up for themselves. I hate to say it but conflict in the near future seems inevitable.

Old 04-21-2021, 10:36 AM

2,216 posts, read 1,020,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Right.

Yeah. The President ! Wow ! Don't go near him ! Damn, it's a little deeper than the bottom.

There are no words. The president, the mother of his 30 millionth country.

Old 04-21-2021, 12:42 PM
DKM

Ze is hated because he was chosen by Ukrainians to lead them. This idea that peasants can change their own leaders is so offensive to the Russian they will kill those who dare challenge the rule of their Czar.

His meeting with the army in the front lines was presented as an affront to Russians. How dare Ukrainians want to defend themselves from our invasion! It cannot be their army he was with, it must be the nazi battalions. Even though, quite clearly, it was not.

The Nazi battalions are also there though and they can't wait for the attempted invasion. Especially the guys from Zaporozhye who are going to prevent any kind of "land corridor" through their land. These are blood thirsty fanatics. God help any Russian solider thinking they will be welcomed there. It will be a different kind of welcome than they were expecting...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe