Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2021, 02:34 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times

Advertisements

You can't use Nazi or Communist symbols in Ukraine in most situations. Outside of using those symbols you are free to express your ideas. Some ideas might be dangerous for you to express in certain areas, but no law prevents it. In Germany this is a crime to display Nazi symbols too. I don't see Germany described as unfree by anyone with a rational mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2021, 03:50 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,018,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
I don't see Germany described as unfree by anyone with a rational mind.

Yeah when you have Franco-German imperialism in the eu it's kinda expected to have a different free-unfree imbalance. Also: thanks for the daily reminder about how much the european union sucks. Just saw that below (google translate works fantastic...), from a 18 years old millennial from Czechia who is much wiser than the eu politicians:

"When we joined the European Union, they said that we would make the same money as in Germany, we would build new hospitals. We will build new things in your country. They made really great promises to our people. And after 16, 17 years in the European Union we did not get it. So people are angry. People are confused, people do not know what the European Union is. And if they don't know what the European Commission is ... for the people of the Czech Republic, the European Union is something like the Soviet Union."

Old 04-29-2021, 08:16 PM
DKM

An 18 year old Czech whining about more money has NO IDEA what life in Prague was like in the 80s or 90s. None at all. Czechs are right below France on the HDI. Yeah, they aren't going to be as rich as Germans but they sure aren't as poor as Ukrainians or Russians... or Bulgarians for that matter.

Old 04-29-2021, 09:30 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
You can't use Nazi or Communist symbols in Ukraine in most situations. Outside of using those symbols you are free to express your ideas. Some ideas might be dangerous for you to express in certain areas, but no law prevents it. In Germany this is a crime to display Nazi symbols too. I don't see Germany described as unfree by anyone with a rational mind.

In "most situations"?
Bwa-ha-ha)))

We all know that Nazi symbolic is used out in the open in Ukraine and any Nazi displaying it, is protected by police. So no need to lie DKM.

But if you post the old soviet photo of soldiers or what not on social media, you will be hunted down. ( We know the cases.)
In fact in this dispatch Sharij is talking about exactly that - how during the last Nazi march yesterday, with the full display of Nazi insignia some aggrieved inhabitants of Kiev are coming to police, asking "how come you allow the display of Nazi symbols out in the open, when it's prohibited in Ukraine?"
The supporters of the march are saying "no, it's not prohibited."

-"Yes it's prohibited by the Nuremberg Trial' insists the passer-by.

Then Sharij trolls the Nazi supporters; "of course not, of course the display of insignia of this particular Nazi SS division is not prohibited - it's the other ones that are prohibited."

The whole scene is unfolding in front of you at 0:44; the policemen is telling to aggrieved person that these people have the right to march, but as for you - where is your mask?

(The Nazi supporters are standing near police without any masks minding you - no questions for them.)

The aggrieved person then asks next question - "why are they allowed to march during the lockdown anyway? Let them move their asses back to their Bandershtadt ( or Banderaland") - that's how normal Ukrainians refer to the inhabitants of the Westernmost provinces of Ukraine, where the Nazi collaborators are their national heroes.
At 2:39 the aggrieved person continues; "When it comes to the Communist organizations, you prohibit them (any actions) right away, but these ones - they can do whatever they are pleased. The presidential office, the government - no one, no one says a word against them.

The policeman; "What is permitted or not is in our laws.."
Sharij; "Then people can organize a march devoted to Lenin's birthday in Kiev or, say, Stalin's as freely? No?
And why is that? Why such preferential treatment for these ones? I don't understand such preferential approach of the police and this effing government, the approach of this effing Zelensky.
So why is this happening in Ukraine? Some grannies that dare to display in Social media some old budenovka ( the old headgear of the Soviet Army from the 20ies,) are getting five years in jail, and these ones - they give Nazi salute out in the open in the middle of Kiev... what are you saying? They are not giving Nazi salute in Kiev? You think so? Let me show you - 7:13
Oh, now the police is going to arrest him, no? After all this is Kiev, the center of the city, in the broad daylight.. Lo and behold, we see that police IS detaining someone.. And who that would be? Oh I see.. it's a guy who is pointing to police at the Nazi and is asking police why they are not taking any action.

So he is the one who is immediately surrounded by police that tells him that he is "inciting provocations."

"Apparently these policemen and the Nazi marching in Kiev hail from the same village" comments Sharij.

"They all came out from the same woodwork and moved into Kiev from all those sh8tholes and hideouts where they were sitting before.

During Poroshenko times they were organizing those Nazi marches only in those Lvov regions, so it was their local problem. But now, with Zelensky they crawled out and spread into Kiev.
Don't tell me that this government has nothing to do with it.

Zelensky is personally responsible for all this" concludes Sharij.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIvEyle-F80

Last edited by erasure; 04-29-2021 at 10:33 PM..

Old 04-29-2021, 10:26 PM

Meanwhile in Donbass..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EHNBHiGOn4

From I:41; "Yunocommunarosk is a small town - only 10,000 people now, and it was even less during the active military actions. But this didn't save it from the destruction and people's lives that were disrupted and destroyed.

1:47, Oksana: "It happened here, right at this spot. I was passing by, and the shelling began. The first artillery shell hit this building, the second floor of it...The fragments from it destroyed my leg - it was simply torn off..."
Oksana is one of the victims of Ukrainian army. In September of 2014 it was aiming specifically at civilian infrastructure.
"I suffered during that shelling" says Oksana "and one more boy, he was about eight years old at that time. He is now in a wheelchair...

So when they blew my leg off, I thought this is the end. You can't bring anything back.. yes, it was terrifying. The shelling continued, they were shelling those two-story buildings around, and I thought to myself; one more hit and this is the end of me."

But people managed to deliver Oksana to the hospital in time. The doctors couldn't save her leg.
Oksana: "A week before this happened, they shelled and destroyed the mine where I worked. Well I worked there, my parents worked there and relatives.

So there I was - left with no job, no health, handicapped.. not morally only but physically too."
Then there were years of rehabilitation. Good people helped her to find prosthetic leg, and the woman had to learn how to walk and to accept herself.
Oksana; "In two months I was already on my feet. Yes, it was hard. But so what, I got over it - I am not the first and the last one."
In spite of her pain, with support of her son and husband, she moved on and already changed a few jobs, engaging her free time in different hobbies.

But those, that deprived this woman of her health still go unpunished.
Oksana: "We are the civilians, we didn't take any arms... So look at us, what are you doing?

We are not different from you, so why, why did you treat us like that? "
Oksana already sent her case to the European Court of Human Rights,

but she has no response so far. The bloody crimes of Ukraine are hushed, and instead of any repentance, Ukrainian authorities decided to "decommunize" this town in absentia, and now in official Ukrainian paperwork it's called "Bunghe."

Last edited by erasure; 04-29-2021 at 10:36 PM..

Old 04-29-2021, 10:29 PM

1 posts, read 230 times
donate please...
qiwi UPEK179

Old 04-29-2021, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchbal View Post
donate please...
qiwi UPEK179

Sharij is dealing with donations for Donbass ( and not only,) and he is doing a good job.

Old 04-29-2021, 11:51 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,300,229 times
Quote:
Ahahaha

What are these??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG_-K4p5URc

Look it up

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/14th_W..._(1st_Galician)

Old 04-30-2021, 12:16 AM
DKM

Aha you got me...., its the coat of arms of the kingdom of Halych-Volyn, which if memory serves me correct, its the same region these people are from. What on earth is Russia feeding you people...

I'm not from Russia so I'm not up to speed on what they consider to be nazi symbols. Where I'm from, the USA, the swastikas and the Waffen symbols are Nazi symbols. Apparently in Russia, all symbols used by anyone who was pro independence and against soviets during the war are nazis including Latvian, Finnish, Estonian, etc groups who fought under historical banners against the soviets. German soldiers used the imperial iron cross. These aren't nazi symbols outside of brainwashed Russia. Anyone who fought against soviets weren't nazis just because Stalin told your schools to tell you so. The Latvian Legion of the Waffen SS marched under the Latvian flag. Are you really saying displaying the flag of Latvia is a nazi symbol? Forgive me, I'm not from this kind of world where such a thought should be taken seriously...sometimes the stuff I read on here just reinforces why Ukrainians I know are willing to go to any lengths to keep Russians out of their future.

Old 04-30-2021, 12:19 AM
DKM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
In "most situations"?
Bwa-ha-ha)))

We all know that Nazi symbolic is used out in the open in Ukraine and any Nazi displaying it, is protected by police. So no need to lie DKM.
And yet despite a long blathering post about a place you know nothing about, you failed to provide any proof of this supposed open Nazi symbols out in the open. Fail. 2 rubles per day, am I right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe