Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2021, 12:47 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,534,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Interesting. US sanctions 61 Ukrainians.

https://112.international/ukraine-to...lov-61368.html

Yes it will be very interesting to learn who these people are indeed.

The previous 7 sanctioned Ukrainians were the "Russian operatives" and "people interfering in US election." ( Read A. Derkach and those affiliated with him.)

But now 61 people?

It will be interesting to learn who they are exactly, since the Council of the National Security of Ukraine is asking information from the US on each and every sanctioned person.

https://tass.ru/mezhdunarodnaya-panorama/11377451
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2021, 02:33 PM

2,216 posts, read 1,021,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Yes it will be very interesting to learn who these people are indeed.

The previous 7 sanctioned Ukrainians were the "Russian operatives" and "people interfering in US election." ( Read A. Derkach and those affiliated with him.)

But now 61 people?

It will be interesting to learn who they are exactly, since the Council of the National Security of Ukraine is asking information from the US on each and every sanctioned person.

https://tass.ru/mezhdunarodnaya-panorama/11377451
I suspect. that the entire opposition to the current Kiev has fallen under the sanctions.Well, or partially, I do not know how many people are left there.

Old 05-15-2021, 05:25 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,854,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
I suspect. that the entire opposition to the current Kiev has fallen under the sanctions.Well, or partially, I do not know how many people are left there.
Correct again. The remaining 61 people opposed to Ukraine being in Europe have been identified.

Old 05-15-2021, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Correct again. The remaining 61 people opposed to Ukraine being in Europe have been identified.

You mean opposed to the current government?

Old 05-15-2021, 05:56 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
You mean opposed to the current government?
That's probably all there is to it. Any democracy is stifled.

Old 05-15-2021, 06:07 PM

Quote:
That's probably all there is to it. Any democracy is stifled.

They were trying to put Victor Medvedchuk ( the leader of the Opposition platform) in prison recently, ( after shutting down one of his TV channels couple of months ago.)
But since the kangaroo court started their statement with the accusation that V. Medvedchuk was "opposing the political course of the country and was critical of the current government," you can imagine the rest of the *accusations.*
The rest of the accusations were based on some internet articles.

So Zelensky is growing desperate to lock up his political opponents, or to drive them out of the country, but the kangoroo court couldn't achieve that.
So for now they simply placed Medvedchuk under the house arrest and forced him to wear a bracelet.
With that being said, I kinda wonder who those 61 people really are.

It might be so, that some of them are not just the "anti the current government" folks, but those directly tied to Zelensky mafia. Which would be very inconvenient for him.

So we'll see.

Old 05-15-2021, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Trying to justify a purge is my bet. Lustration, how democratic.

Old 05-15-2021, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Trying to justify a purge is my bet. Lustration, how democratic.

I still suspect there is more to the story than just purge of purely *political* figures.

By now the "Ukraine" project becomes more and more toxic for EU and US govs, but US gov. in particular.

By NOW it realizes what a costly project it is, not only in political but financial sense of the word as well. ( Something that Russians knew all along by the way.)
So now Americans are trying to figure out how to make Ukraine *more transparent* - i.e. so that money flow would be channeled only into the right pockets, instead of the circle of people Americans don't care much about, as much as these people might support "independent from Russia Ukraine."

And since as the word has it, the corruption under Zelensky is actually even worse than under Poroshenko ( which was difficult to imagine,) things might get interesting with those *sanctioned* figures.

Old 05-15-2021, 07:29 PM

P.S. See the US government is sending Zelensky a signal, that he must get busy with purging oligarchs, but the trick here is to purge the *wrong kind* of oligarchs, someone like Kolomoysky and Medvedchuk. ( Have no idea whether the latter one is truly an oligarch or not.)
But someone like Poroshenko, Pinchuk or Akhmetov shouldn't be touched, and neither their financial interests.

Last edited by erasure; 05-15-2021 at 08:01 PM..

Old 05-15-2021, 11:00 PM

Pinchuk and Akhmetov both have militias in the Donbas and or associated with the SBU so it would be hazardous to mess with them. I suspect they're the heavy hitters when it comes to the organized thuggery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe