Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2021, 12:15 PM

1,348 posts, read 624,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Russian funded "news" isn't reality. Biden is not going to shut down Ukrainian mines. Nice try.

Coal has a bigger problem long term though:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/St....0021601?hl=en
One such problem almost led to an energy collapse in Texas recently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2021, 12:15 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geba View Post
Zelenski is a very weak president himself. I was so disappointed when Ukrainians elected him. Poroshenko would have finished the war already.

Poroshenko is the one who unleashed this war. Why would he want to finish it?

What would be the reason?

Old 04-24-2021, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
I probably will not wait for comments about the barbarously cut down forest in the Carpathians. Right? These are such inconvenient facts. They should be ignored !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCQ_f3Q_MBM&t=55s

Whom do you expect the "comments" from?
From DKM, who is misinformed as usual ( or informed but prefers to adhere to Nazi propaganda - god knows.) Whatever it is, he keeps on pushing the line that it was some "isolated episode" five years ago.

Of course it's not.

Even back in 2019 the illegal logging in Ukraine grew up seven times ( and this goes not only to Carpathian logging.)

https://www.occrp.org/en/daily/12669...ged-in-ukraine

So it's a pretty consistent picture with what was happening in Russia back in the nineties, when the country was plundered under the pretext of the "free market" economy.

By the way this illegal logging of Carpathian forest goes on in yet another "successfully integrated" in EU Eastern European country, namely - Romania. The kind of country, that Germany was not interested to integrate into its economy, unlike, say Poland or Slovakia/Hungary.

So big difference, you know.

And these are the news from the last year, straight from the BBC, (which is paid by Putin too, obviously. )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy5kbIGicrY

Last edited by erasure; 04-24-2021 at 12:53 PM..

Old 04-24-2021, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Russian funded "news" isn't reality. Biden is not going to shut down Ukrainian mines. Nice try.

Coal has a bigger problem long term though:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/St....0021601?hl=en

In order to understand what she is talking about exactly and before slapping some silly pictures, you need to understand the part I, the "European Green deal," the financial situation Ukraine is, the 38,000 people occupied in the mining industry, the numerous towns that are built around this industry and based solely on it, and on and on.

So this is Part I on a subject, a dispatch made back in March.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycbo1j0izh4

But you obviously don't understand this detailed and sound analyses of Ukrainian situation, and I am not about to translate it for you.

Old 04-24-2021, 08:24 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Whom do you expect the "comments" from?
From DKM, who is misinformed as usual ( or informed but prefers to adhere to Nazi propaganda - god knows.) Whatever it is, he keeps on pushing the line that it was some "isolated episode" five years ago.

Of course it's not.

Even back in 2019 the illegal logging in Ukraine grew up seven times ( and this goes not only to Carpathian logging.)

https://www.occrp.org/en/daily/12669...ged-in-ukraine

So it's a pretty consistent picture with what was happening in Russia back in the nineties, when the country was plundered under the pretext of the "free market" economy.

By the way this illegal logging of Carpathian forest goes on in yet another "successfully integrated" in EU Eastern European country, namely - Romania. The kind of country, that Germany was not interested to integrate into its economy, unlike, say Poland or Slovakia/Hungary.

So big difference, you know.

And these are the news from the last year, straight from the BBC, (which is paid by Putin too, obviously. )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy5kbIGicrY

At 2:40 in that video you see a disaster in the making. Clear cutting steep hillsides is about as stupid as you can get.

Old 04-25-2021, 05:38 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Since my comment was requested: Doesn't look that different than where I've seen commercial timber harvested in Oregon and Washington. Other than that, I don't have a lot of info on anything at all in the Carpathians (no matter the country), nor the desire to care what Western Ukraine is doing here or there. This is a local issue. If some trees were cut down illegally, they should be replanted. It appears to me that this has since been mostly curtailed. Overharvesting of trees is not a Ukraine only problem and one person's idea of overharvesting is another's idea of clearcutting and replanting.

In other news, Bogdan won a tender to supply electric busses to a city in Czechia (for the first time). Those damn Czechs, who said they can do this? hahaha

Speaking of Romania, Ukraine's foreign minister was invited there this weekend and met with Poland, Turkey and Romania to discuss Ukraine's security situation. These are some of Ukraine's most important partners in this regard.

Speaking of security, Sweden's defense chief called Ukraine's this weekend and discussed areas where the two nations can cooperate regarding defense. Not a bad weekend overall.

Old 04-25-2021, 11:50 PM

2,216 posts, read 1,021,239 times
Quote:
Since my comment was requested: Doesn't look that different than where I've seen commercial timber harvested in Oregon and Washington. Other than that, I don't have a lot of info on anything at all in the Carpathians (no matter the country), nor the desire to care what Western Ukraine is doing here or there. This is a local issue. If some trees were cut down illegally, they should be replanted. It appears to me that this has since been mostly curtailed. Overharvesting of trees is not a Ukraine only problem and one person's idea of overharvesting is another's idea of clearcutting and replanting.

In other news, Bogdan won a tender to supply electric busses to a city in Czechia (for the first time). Those damn Czechs, who said they can do this? hahaha

Speaking of Romania, Ukraine's foreign minister was invited there this weekend and met with Poland, Turkey and Romania to discuss Ukraine's security situation. These are some of Ukraine's most important partners in this regard.

Speaking of security, Sweden's defense chief called Ukraine's this weekend and discussed areas where the two nations can cooperate regarding defense. Not a bad weekend overall.
That is, everything is fine, everything is in perfect order in the Carpathians.European values and European rules apply as promised. True rules for colonies.But who cares ? You only need to see the holy word "EUROPEAN". For the sake of this word, you can send your own daughter to a brothel to earn money. The European brothel )) It's sad to be a colony. Sad and humiliating. Isn't that right DKM?

Old 04-26-2021, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Sending some Swedish snipers to kill children? What a step up. Those Swedish mercs do get around. Syria, Libya Africa.

Old 04-26-2021, 08:17 AM

Quote:
That is, everything is fine, everything is in perfect order in the Carpathians.European values and European rules apply as promised. True rules for colonies.But who cares ? You only need to see the holy word "EUROPEAN". For the sake of this word, you can send your own daughter to a brothel to earn money. The European brothel )) It's sad to be a colony. Sad and humiliating. Isn't that right DKM?
Remember when sex tourism used to be a thing for Bandkok? I guess pervs are getting better rates in the EU now. We all know why too. Sad, pathetic.

Old 04-26-2021, 03:19 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Quote:
I don't know anyone in the Carpathians with first hand knowledge of what happens there. I assume you don't either and you're just trolling and talking out of your zhopa. You share some video from 5 years ago about some logging operation and try to bash Ukraine's European association with this video. It's pathetic.

Every single bad thing that occurs in Ukraine is not because of its recent switch from Russian to European allegiance, or a reflection of European values. You are in a fit of self delusion that Ukraine needs to somehow be convinced that its better off aligning itself to your anti-democracy movement. Well it isn't even possible so your hysteria will continue forever I guess. Humiliation is what Russians feel when they attack other Russians for wanting to learn about corruption there. Stay mad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe