Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2022, 11:09 AM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
I want to see France and Germany show more skin in the game. The EU got involved with Ukraine, and now somehow the US and UK are stuck with dealing with the fallout. Germany and France are feckless powers. If you want to be recognized as major world powers, deal with the **** in you own backyard that you started. SHAME ON YOU, France, Germany, and EU!!! Prove to us that the EU is the bastion of world democracy that you fancy yourselves being. Anything negative that befalls Ukraine is completely on France and Germany!!! If you want to pretend that you are among the world leaders with any sort of relevance, at least act like it!!! Joke countries, joke "Union."

Europe deserves Russian aggression if it fails to act in any meaningful sort of manner. After you idiots fail to sort out matters for a third ****ing time, I guess we Americans will come to fix things on your continent for a third damn time. Your welcome. Hopefully, there won't be another wave of Euro-trash badmouthing the US after we've liberated and rebuilt your continent again.

"France and Germany" you say?

Then how do you explain THIS?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2XNN0Yt6D8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5n8UbJ8jsk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2022, 11:45 AM

7,324 posts, read 4,118,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Those who know NOTHING about the Ukrainian nationalism.
So be careful before *trolling* on this thread.

The anti-Russian crowd might not be happy again.
As they say, "History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes."

The USA is stuck in a dance with Russia. We can't get out because looking at China and the decreasing power of the USA dollar is too scary, so we're on autopilot. It's gotta be Russian fault!

Old 01-25-2022, 12:31 PM

6,787 posts, read 4,227,308 times
There's a lot of cooks at work in Ukraine. I'd say that the U.S., the UK, France, Germany, the EU and Russia all play their own games there. For the Europeans in broad terms this has always been more about trade and political integration than any military aspects (which European politicians today have very little understanding of).

Old 01-25-2022, 12:42 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas Vincit View Post
There's a lot of cooks at work in Ukraine. I'd say that the U.S., the UK, France, Germany, the EU and Russia all play their own games there. For the Europeans in broad terms this has always been more about trade and political integration than any military aspects (which European politicians today have very little understanding of).

Of course the proxy war between Russia and the West - that's what "Ukraine" is all about.

The only thing I am trying to figure out at this point is why US/Canada/UK are evacuating their embassies, while Russia is not in a hurry to attack?

( Unless Ukrainians notified Western governments that they are planning the provocation/attack on the LDNR border?

This would sure trigger the Russian military response.)

Old 01-25-2022, 02:28 PM

6,787 posts, read 4,227,308 times
Quote:
Of course the proxy war between Russia and the West - that's what "Ukraine" is all about.

The only thing I am trying to figure out at this point is why US/Canada/UK are evacuating their embassies, while Russia is not in a hurry to attack?

( Unless Ukrainians notified Western governments that they are planning the provocation/attack on the LDNR border?

There isn't really a "West". There's the U.S. which naturally dominates NATO and has the military power, but their goals aren't identical to those of the EU or of the specific European countries (except perhaps the UK which tends to hitch its wagon to the U.S.).

Old 01-25-2022, 05:13 PM

1,503 posts, read 606,888 times
Quote:

It's pretty obvious. I read in several sources that Ukraine govt openly said to US that "we don't expect any attack". And it was said several times - once back in Dec and twice in Jan. But US literally says to Ukraine - "we paid you and we now own you. Go and start the war."

France, Germany and Italy already declared that they will do nothing in any case. So what we are looking at here is Anglo-Sphere attacking Russia. Well, as usual though.

Old 01-25-2022, 05:35 PM

7,677 posts, read 5,524,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanonka View Post
It's pretty obvious. I read in several sources that Ukraine govt openly said to US that "we don't expect any attack". And it was said several times - once back in Dec and twice in Jan. But US literally says to Ukraine - "we paid you and we now own you. Go and start the war."

France, Germany and Italy already declared that they will do nothing in any case. So what we are looking at here is Anglo-Sphere attacking Russia. Well, as usual though.
I don’t think the Anglo-sphere has any territorial ambitions as far as Russia is concerned. Why would they invade Russia? To what end?

Old 01-25-2022, 05:45 PM

14,820 posts, read 12,017,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
That's a tough one. I think the Russians are going to attack in the near future. I think the US sponsored crazies and the rest of the boys will make it as bloody as possible, for everyone involved. There's more weapons and western/NATO troops arriving every day.

It depends on where your friends live. If in the east Ukraine it will not be deadly but it will not be pleasant either.

I suspect the Ukrainians have a scorched earth plan and if they can carry it out it won't be a good thing. The people involved don't care about who or how many.

I desperately hope I am wrong.

I think especially for the ethnic Russians in the east.
So the Russians are going to attack but the resulting bloodbath will be the fault of the US and its sponsered crazies!??

Old 01-25-2022, 05:52 PM

1,503 posts, read 606,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
I don’t think the Anglo-sphere has any territorial ambitions as far as Russia is concerned. Why would they invade Russia? To what end?
It's pretty simple. It's not about "territorial ambitions". It's about controlling the world. Russia is the only and last country that stands in the way of Anglo-sphere domination. Without Russia, all other countries would be just eternal slaves of US/UK. And it's doesn't even depend on what Russia does or does not. The very existence of a huge country that is independent AND can wipe out Anglo-sphere from the face of this planet if they dare to invade is a forever headache for globalists.

So, of course Ukraine doesn't stand a chance. And even NATO doesn't stand a chance. But it's NOT the goal of the war. The goal is to create unbearable economic burden for Russia - one way or another.

Old 01-25-2022, 05:58 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,017,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
It's making the economic situation in Ukraine worse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9x1G3dJEqc&t=1642s

I also heard the pipeline through Ukraine to Poland has been closed. Why?

https://tass.com/economy/1392439

Logic says oil/gas and commodities will skyrocket as well as gold yet I don't care about fuel prices, nor am I involved with any of these companies, nor do I bet on futures/options or whatever derivatives. My only concern is that as they say markets are dominated by 'fear and greed' - right now there is fear of invasion and -> sell off of stocks, crypto and everything that falls into the speculative domain and not quite long-term hedge against inflation and "investing".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe