Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2022, 02:42 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citoyen View Post
Does russians really beleive that inviding ukraine might end in a positive outcome for them?
Not positive, but a better outcome in the future. Ukraine with missiles capable of hitting vital targets in Russias heartland is not something Russia should allow. The same goes for NATO aircraft stationed at points east of the Dneipre river. NATO IS TOO CLOSE ALREADY. If Russia allows them to get closer then they might as well just give up and get back on their knees.

The goal of the West is the SUBJUGATION and DISSOLUTION of Russia. There is no other aim, no other goal.

Quote:
I don't deny they can do it. But it won't be like crimea. Far more bloody and expensive.
And what do they expect by it? It will just push all europe to NATO and western europe
Bad comparison. Crimea already had Russian troops there and reinforced. They did tell the Ukrainians to leave and took over the government and with only a few beatings a perhaps a few warning shots if you listen to the hysterical press.

Of course it's going to have a higher cost in blood and treasure.

But what will NOT acting cost? Tula bombed to rubble? Belgorod? Volgograd? Millions of Russians dead?

I will repeat.

The goal of the West is the SUBJUGATION and DISSOLUTION of Russia. There is no other aim, no other goal.

Ukrainians are going to suffer more.

What do the Russians expect? Security. Do you know the history of that part of the world? Where have the invasions of Russia come from? Who has done it in the past?

Is it worth it for Russia?

Try asking is America/NATOs actions worth it for Europe?

Cut off Russia from SWIFT. They have MIR ready to go. Cut their banks out of the world monetary system. Russia has hundreds of billions in reserve, they don't need to borrow to do things and if they do borrow, they will go to China.

Maybe consider this. Russia sanctions EUROPEAN banks. Russia confiscates the properties and assets of European companies. Hmmmm, let's take this a little farther. Cut off Europes ability to pay for Russian gas. Better yet, cut Russia out of the world energy market entirely. Shut down south stream, North Stream 1 and 2.

Maybe Russia should ban all air travel from the west from flying in it's airspace. Maybe Russia should stop selling aluminum, titanium, fertilizer and wheat to the west. How about auto parts for European cars, clutches, calipers, bearings. Cut those off too.

China will be more than happy to pick up a lot of the slack for all of this.

Is the above worth it for Europe?

No doubt Russia would be hurt by this in ways. Europe would be hurt more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2022, 02:53 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times
Scrat look at the video in my previous post.

Things are getting more and more weird by day.

( And now, from what I hear, Kuleba (Ukr. Minister of foreign affairs) pointed at Kuban' and Taganrog, claiming that that should be "Ukrainian territories" as well during the meeting with Blinken.

Old 01-20-2022, 02:53 PM

Not all of Europe is onboard with this escapade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TjKHZ5FwRU

Old 01-20-2022, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Russians simply think at this point that a straight punch in the face of the aggressive enemy ( covertly aggressive) that keeps on encircling their country is a way to go.
The takeover of the LDNR does not imply any blood ( in fact it will only STOP the further bloodshed.)

All it takes is money - yes, but they are already increasingly investing in the LDNR economy as it is.

What will be coming for the rest of South-Eastern Ukraine - it's everyone's guess by now.

I accidentally came across THIS yesterday.
My jaw dropped.
I didn't know whether to laugh or to cry.

But I think a lot of Russians are chuckling ( or downright laughing) out there, because of all this hysteria around them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSJUS2tymZA
I think it's more pathetic than anything and scary because the powers that be are not just talking about war, they're conditioning the populations to it. Any sane person can see the unreality of this. It's Orwell at its finest.

Old 01-20-2022, 07:25 PM

Take a look at this. My rubber necking obsession kicked in big time with this. The lack knowledge on the subject exhibited here is par for the course though.

Bill Browder is comedy gold what a dunce.

https://youtu.be/5ExRbjmcf-8

Old 01-20-2022, 08:15 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Take a look at this. My rubber necking obsession kicked in big time with this. The lack knowledge on the subject exhibited here is par for the course though.

Bill Browder is comedy gold what a dunce.

https://youtu.be/5ExRbjmcf-8

All the political woodoo masters with their Crystal Balls are out)))

But what I find even more interesting ( and Russians are discussing it) - is what Biden is saying here at 2:07.
The way I read it - the LDNR is very much on his mind, and the "Russian incursion" THERE. ;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3VAvjorxsw

Yet another interesting episode I saw today - a Ukrainian guy ( a regular guest on "60 minutes" show) blurted out that if Moscow will recognize the LDNR, then Ukr troops ( read the Nationalist battalions) will attack, since this will be "the further violation of the integrity of the Ukrainian territory.")

I was surprised to be honest.

Old 01-21-2022, 12:42 AM

827 posts, read 630,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
But I think a lot of Russians are chuckling ( or downright laughing) out there, because of all this hysteria around them.

You think the hysteric side of the conflict is the west?

While reading this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
But what will NOT acting cost? Tula bombed to rubble? Belgorod? Volgograd? Millions of Russians dead?

I will repeat.

Old 01-21-2022, 05:21 AM

6,467 posts, read 8,183,718 times
It is hard to shake off that 'Cold War mentality'.

Old 01-21-2022, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citoyen View Post
You think the hysteric side of the conflict is the west?

While reading this?
What I write is simply my opinions and my thoughts on this matter, not Russias or Russians.

I know the history of that part of the world. Apparently you do not.

Old 01-21-2022, 09:16 AM

Russia is not alone Citoyen.

https://tass.com/world/1391629

Quote:
"We do not want war. Neither us, nor the Russians. But we build our security in order to protect ourselves. Should they not simply keep poking us constantly, but deploy their armies against us, threaten us, then we will hit so hard it won’t be pretty. It is impossible to defeat us," he told journalists Friday, adding that "this is not a threat, merely a warning."

"We are the kind of people who cannot be defeated both in terms of spirit and in terms of territory: from Brest to Vladivostok. Many have tried already, we remember that. You know how it ended. We do not try to get into anyone’s backyard, we have enough ground. God help us keep it and develop it. These are our goals. But I repeat, in case someone missed it: it won’t be pretty," Lukashenko said, according to his press service.
Then you have these people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lmp51YN-7wc

Either get a clue, or pay the price.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe