Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2022, 10:12 AM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citoyen View Post
You think the hysteric side of the conflict is the west?

While reading this?

Quote:
The goal of the West is the SUBJUGATION and DISSOLUTION of Russia. There is no other aim, no other goal.
I happen to agree with this assessment on the ground of everything I observed in post-Soviet times.

My illusions that "the West is wishing only good for the Russians," - a sentiment shared by many from the former Soviet intelligentsia, is long gone.

But hang on, there are interesting things happening over there again - the latest 60 minutes are starting with updates on Donbass - news that no Western media is reporting on.

Plus of course that Blinken-Lavrov meeting in Geneva.

By small clues yesterday ( Biden mentioning a "small incursion in Ukraine vs "big one," plus Russians setting free ( or greatly reducing the sentence) to some American businessman, currently in Russian court system on some white collar charges on the verge of this meeting, I suspect it will all come to LDNR resolution.

At least those were the signals I saw BEFORE this Geneva meeting.

Somehow I am not worrying too much YET under the current circumstances with Ukraine.

But SYRIAN conflict ( dormant by now) - that's a potentially far more serious thing.

Particularly after the recent Iranian visit to Kremlin.
It's a chain of events, and Ukraine is only a stepping stone, albeit an important one.

Last edited by erasure; 01-21-2022 at 10:21 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2022, 01:54 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,844 times
I don't think this is palatable for the Russians. Next week the US will have an answer in writing. We shall see then.

https://www.rt.com/russia/546781-bli...de-escalation/

Quote:
During talks on Friday in Geneva with Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov, US Secretary of State Antony Blinken asked his counterpart to prove a negative.

The diplomat urged Moscow to move troops, stationed on its own territory, away from the Ukrainian border so as to “convince the world” it harbored “no aggressive intent” toward its neighbor.

Blinken said the other step Russia could take was to engage in dialogue and diplomacy, “which is what we did today.”

He warned Lavrov of a “united, swift, and severe response,” should Moscow “pursue aggression against Ukraine," adding that, while he had expected no breakthroughs, the two nations were “now on a clear path to understanding.”

Old 01-21-2022, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I don't think this is palatable for the Russians. Next week the US will have an answer in writing. We shall see then.

https://www.rt.com/russia/546781-bli...de-escalation/
From your link;

"He ( Blinken that is,) warned Lavrov of a “united, swift, and severe response,” should Moscow “pursue aggression against Ukraine," adding that, while he had expected no breakthroughs, the two nations were “now on a clear path to understanding.

While Russians are looking forward for answers from Americans that assure Russian security IN GENERAL, Americans keep on making it all about UKRAINE.

And one thing became all of a sudden painfully clear during these negotiations, is what a trap the whole situation with LDNR is. ( talking about the "clear path to understanding" here.)

Because EARLIER, Americans were insisting to be included in the "Minsk format" along with the French and the Germans.

To which the Russians finally said "sure, be our guest. Why not."
So Americans looked closer into the whole situation and apparently said "this is hopeless."
By now they apparently realized that the bleating idiots ( sorry, "Ukrainian patriots") want Americans to do their bidding and to force Putin to CHANGE the conditions of the Minsk agreement.
To pressure him with sanctions, with bombs - whatever, but to force him to change the crucial points of the agreement, that they signed back in 2015 and have no intention to fulfill. THEM, not the Russians, ( or rather the LDNR,) as Americans initially were thinking/hoping.

Or rather everything was going by the scenario I already pointed at earlier; that is when the Westerners are telling Zelensky to fulfill the Minsk agreement in its current shape and form, Zelensky can't do anything, because the Nationalists won't let him to.

They are that tail that wags the dog; i.e. they are that force that de facto rule Ukraine with their fist, and not some imaginable "democratic government" with Zelensky at the helm.

Meanwhile E. Basurin ( the Defense Minister of the DNR or spokesperson for it - don't remember now, but he is one of Zakharchenko's men) is diligently reporting on Russian TV what's going on on the "Eastern front" - how many troops ( not regular Ukrainian troops at that) are arriving to DNR's border, what kind of weaponry is moved in, what caliber, what's their range and so on.
( I just don't have time to look up all the details, I only remember he mentioned "Smerches" and "Uragans" - that's for sure. ( Plus those new Swedish anti-tank weapons sent recently by Britain, plus more of the Nationalist battalions.)
So while the Ukrs are beefing up their troops on the LDNR border, the US is demanding from Kremlin to remove Russian troops from the area.

Right.

But at least, interestingly enough, the last I've heard was the faint mentioning that Blinken said that Ukraine should stick to the "Minsk agreement," and after that both sides ( that means official Russian reps including) went tight-lipped, without elaborating anything on it further.

I suspect that after listening to Ukrainian officials in Kiev, and then talking to Lavrov, Blinken wept in his shoulder and hopelessly questioned - "is there anyone/anything out there, that can bring some sense in these people's heads," and Lavrov responded "that would be us. Now you know why Moscow was in charge of these people for centuries."

But if all this is true, and Blinken accepted the Minsk agreement in its current shape and form, then these are really bad news for Zelensky.

Because if he will try to push for it, there will be the backlash from the Nationalists, and with Poroshenko on horizon rallying for his glorious return on political scene, things might get interesting, to say the least.

Last edited by erasure; 01-21-2022 at 10:26 PM..

Old 01-23-2022, 08:59 AM

Just a little information I have heard recently.

Italy, France and Germany are not on board with this confrontation with Russia. Germany has refused to send any weapons to Ukraine.

There was an incident in the LNR where a LNR soldier went to investigate some disturbances. It was a Ukronazi saboteur squad sneaking around up to no good. The soldier went to check alone which was a big mistake. No one knows where he is now or if he is even alive.

Old 01-24-2022, 11:08 AM

Uh-oh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT1v4gEOnnE

Same is with Great Britain - looks like they are evacuating their embassy ppl too.
Germans are getting ready.

Poland is moving its "Abrams" to Belorussian border.

DNR is saying that Ukrainian troops amassed 120,000 soldiers on LDNR border.

And Dzin-Dzin of China is asking Russia ( as the rumors has it (Bloomberg)) to not to attack Ukraine during the Olympic games in Beijin.
Please before or after only.

But that's not the end of it.

The Brits are reporting that Moscow is planning to replace the current Ukrainian government with the "puppet government."
The problem is, the names they are naming - no one heard of these people for the last 20 years, and the one who IS currently in Ukrainian politics (that youngish E. Muraiev guy) is under the Russian sanctions already for quite some time, ( just don't remember for what reasons exactly.)

Fun-fun-fun.

Old 01-24-2022, 12:58 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,017,586 times
At this point I am rather hoping for Ukraine to get invaded. Yes, the equity/crypto and all markets will be hit hard but so what? The joke that is the American government should be humiliated, they're bringing carnage to the markets without even trying, and it was quite obvious when they came up with the "great" idea to print trillions of dollars last year which who knows...maybe it wouldn't cause inflation lol? Crypto got half-killed, tesla will soon make Musk from the richest man on earth - to the poorest man on earth...it's a total joke.

Those communist idiots from the west should be stopped - I don't care if it's Russia, China or aliens who do it.

Old 01-24-2022, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
At this point I am rather hoping for Ukraine to get invaded. Yes, the equity/crypto and all markets will be hit hard but so what? The joke that is the American government should be humiliated, they're bringing carnage to the markets without even trying, and it was quite obvious when they came up with the "great" idea to print trillions of dollars last year which who knows...maybe it wouldn't cause inflation lol? Crypto got half-killed, tesla will soon make Musk from the richest man on earth - to the poorest man on earth...it's a total joke.

Those communist idiots from the west should be stopped - I don't care if it's Russia, China or aliens who do it.

It's making the economic situation in Ukraine worse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9x1G3dJEqc&t=1642s

I also heard the pipeline through Ukraine to Poland has been closed. Why?

https://tass.com/economy/1392439

Old 01-24-2022, 06:12 PM

I have one big question.

After all this that's happened since the beginning of last year with the Ukrainian buildup in the east what will the future hold for Russia if it DOES NOT attack?

Old 01-24-2022, 07:29 PM

102,193 posts, read 107,823,938 times
Who the heck are Biden's Russia advisers?! Who in their right mind would be ok with him getting the US involved in Ukraine/Russia??!! A former Russia advisor to Bush II and Obama published an opinion piece in the NY Times recently, saying she advised both Presidents to NOT push NATO membership on Ukraine and Georgia, and to stay out of the Russia border areas. She said they both ignored her advice, then wondered what went wrong with the relationship with Russia.

Old 01-24-2022, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Russians simply think at this point that a straight punch in the face of the aggressive enemy ( covertly aggressive) that keeps on encircling their country is a way to go.
The takeover of the LDNR does not imply any blood ( in fact it will only STOP the further bloodshed.)

All it takes is money - yes, but they are already increasingly investing in the LDNR economy as it is.

What will be coming for the rest of South-Eastern Ukraine - it's everyone's guess by now.

I accidentally came across THIS yesterday.
My jaw dropped.
I didn't know whether to laugh or to cry.

But I think a lot of Russians are chuckling ( or downright laughing) out there, because of all this hysteria around them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSJUS2tymZA

OK, now I can elaborate more on this, because I came across something, that makes this whole situation downright comical.
So a month or so ago, the "60 minutes" had this program, where they discussed ( among other things) the multitude of "scenarios" presented by the Western media "how exactly and where Russia is going to attack Ukraine."
So approximately at 24:42 they are looking at one of such maps drawn by the German "Bild" and ask "who and how the heck came up with this map and why exactly?"
To which one of the political observers ( a former military) is responding "they

sit and draw whatever they are pleased. In this particular case it's apparently the result of a fantasy of the chief editor of "Bild'. So he was sitting there, making guesses how Russia "can invade." The Bild, The Washington Post, the Times - they all come up with their own schemes and their own "versions."
For example the Bild editor needs some sensational article.. or the British Times for example. Recently they came up with an article, that Putin as it turns out, wants to take over the Baltic countries.
So let's see how this takeover of the Baltic countries might look for the Bild editor. "The massive radio-electronic attack is instigated by the Russians, which knocks out the operational systems of the whole Baltic region. The NATO radars can't detect anything. At this time the Russian military cargo planes land in Swedish Gotland Island and deliver there missile anti-aircraft S-400. Simultaneously, the "Bastion" complexes are installed there, when no one is still able to detect anything. The West is still in haze "why we can't see anything at our radars."
At this time the "Kaliningrad" detachment of the Russian troops together with Belorussian troops close the Suwalki corridor and cut NATO and Poland from the Baltic countries. At the same time, in Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius the "green men" appear. ( reference to Crimean events.) And the local population happily welcomes them. Or may be not. The local population is hiding behind the closed doors. Then the Russian troops enter the area and announce the "no fly zone" around Gotland..."
So he keeps on going, and the TV host ( plus other guests) follow the game and chuckle.

The end result - ( when it's all done and over with for NATO troops, that find themselves surrounded,) the Russians proclaim "The People's Republic of Latvia, Estonia and Lithuania. Sweden signs the agreement of eternal neutrality, giving the "special status" to Gotland.

By now the program host and the rest are openly loling.

The political observer ( still with the straight face) "Now you know how to make a mount out of a hill, and to uncover the "insidious plans of Putin."

You can laugh all you want, but in the video I posted above is Swedish Gotland a month later, all up in arms, "ready to defend our values."

Apparently they watch "60 minutes" too, but they either watch it without the interpreters, OR they didn't get the memo that what they heard was A JOKE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zawCrrvuD2k
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe