Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2020, 11:12 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times

Advertisements

We all know the Russians involved thought they were shooting down another Ukrainian aircraft, so this isn't news. Also, Bezler isn't one of the 4 men who were long ago charged by the court, so why bring it up now. You can't prove anything was edited, he was clearly vague in the recordings so nobody can prove which aircraft he was talking about. The point is the 4 men charged are the ones who were in the chain of command. Plus the Russian general who transferred the Buk from his unit in Kursk.

And looks like you are going on record to admit the other findings of this court.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2020, 07:09 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
The fault lies with the incompetent Ukrainian government. They're the fools that failed to close their airspace over the war zone.

Old 09-03-2020, 11:22 AM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
We all know the Russians involved thought they were shooting down another Ukrainian aircraft, so this isn't news. Also, Bezler isn't one of the 4 men who were long ago charged by the court, so why bring it up now. You can't prove anything was edited, he was clearly vague in the recordings so nobody can prove which aircraft he was talking about. The point is the 4 men charged are the ones who were in the chain of command. Plus the Russian general who transferred the Buk from his unit in Kursk.

And looks like you are going on record to admit the other findings of this court.

YOU "can't prove" anything probably.

I can clearly hear Bezler's reference to "sushka" that they brought down in recording.

So apparently the Dutch court could do it as well, that's why he was cleared.

The point being - Ukrainian gov. tried to pass yet another fake for "proof" - that's all to it.

Old 09-03-2020, 03:36 PM
DKM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
The fault lies with the incompetent Ukrainian government. They're the fools that failed to close their airspace over the war zone.
Up to that point only low flying aircraft were targeted with low ceiling anti air weapons. All Ukrainian equipment capable of hitting something at 30k feet was accounted for. They had no reason to believe Russia would transfer a BUK capable of hitting something at cruising altitude.

Old 09-03-2020, 06:04 PM

Are you trying to tell me the Ukrainian army knew what was in the inventory? Where every piece was? Ummmm. Okay.

Yeah right.

The rebels jacked that launcher in Mariupol from the cities arsenal. There were 1 or 2 systems there in the place a they cannibalized a couple of TELs to get one running. They took some missiles too. They didn't have time to get more working.

They hid it somewhere close to the Russian border in the broken country until they needed it. They used a truck to haul it around.

They also got a Strela 10. Unless the Russians have them that also? Where did that come from?

Sorry to disrupt your narrative. Ukraine is responsible for MH-17 by any sane or legal standard. The rebels were defending themselves from a brutal regime seeking to subjugate them.

It is their right.

Old 09-03-2020, 08:45 PM
DKM

The "rebel" army never controlled Mariupol. If you want to believe what Russia says is true, that is your choice.

Poor guys defending themselves from a brutal regime. Maybe they could have avoided this by not attacking Ukraine?

Old 09-03-2020, 10:08 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
The "rebel" army never controlled Mariupol. If you want to believe what Russia says is true, that is your choice.

Poor guys defending themselves from a brutal regime. Maybe they could have avoided this by not attacking Ukraine?

It was "Ukraine" ( i.e. the new regime in Kiev after coup d'etat) that attacked them, not the other way around.

I am watching the latest developments in Ukraine; now Zelensky canceled out the local elections on controlled by Ukraine Donbass territories, because according to the polls, if the elections were held today, his party "Servant of the people" would get only 6%, while the "Oppostion Platform" - 75%.

So he simply prohibited elections there, depriving half million of people of their vote.

So that they'd stop "attacking Ukraine" apparently.

Old 09-04-2020, 07:25 AM

Quote:

Oh please. I don't know the specific dates, no one seems to but Mariupol was in no one's hands for a few days in early April.

The rebels had at most a few days to loot the arsenal while the Ukrainian staff holed up in the cafeteria. I remember the interview with the officer in charge. They hunkered down and listened to the rebels removing things, a couple of trucks loaded with ammo and weapons other machinery. Personal vehicles were used too.

Azov Batt and some other goons entered the city and the rebels disappeared.

One thing I honestly wonder about is where they hid it. On Ukrainian territory is very possible but if you look at the terrain just across the border it would be much easier to hide it in a ravine in that broken country. With collusion from Russians on a local level.

You still didn't answer the question DKM. Where did they get the Strela 10?

Old 09-04-2020, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
It was "Ukraine" ( i.e. the new regime in Kiev after coup d'etat) that attacked them, not the other way around.

I am watching the latest developments in Ukraine; now Zelensky canceled out the local elections on controlled by Ukraine Donbass territories, because according to the polls, if the elections were held today, his party "Servant of the people" would get only 6%, while the "Oppostion Platform" - 75%.

So he simply prohibited elections there, depriving half million of people of their vote.

So that they'd stop "attacking Ukraine" apparently.
Nothing like freedom.

Old 09-04-2020, 01:07 PM
DKM

I have no interest in debating Russia's version of events that occurred six or more years ago. Go ahead and believe whatever you want, I don't care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe