Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2020, 11:21 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,529,485 times

Advertisements

... and again - back to Krivoy Rog, native city of Zelensky.
300 miners are staying underground already for two weeks; four mines are on strike.

People demand living wages and safety standards.

They are saying that not only they have to purchase a lot of the necessary equipment themselves, but when they point to the owners that machinery in their mines is worn out and is a safety hazard, the owners are telling them "it's either your salaries or the new machinery."

At 8:57;

"Back in 2012 I was making $1,250 dollars per month; now it's 8000 grivnas.. which is about 300 dollars. Not only that - now I often have to work all alone, which is a direct violation of safety laws - I have to have at least another person with me, because if something happens to me, no one will even ever know. They are trying to convince us that we have enough of people working here, but we are aware that we are short on people; the turnover is big, and I have to do a job for two or three people that we are missing.

With that, I can't afford even decent food, the price of everything is only going up - only energy bills that I have to pay in winter time come to 3,000 grivnas ( monthly I assume,) so I can't pay even that - I pay the bills in portions, trying to catch up with them during summer time.

When we point at that to our management ( how much we have to pay for energy bills alone,) they advise us to move to the one room apartments. But we all have families."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8ULkHSLj7I

These miners came to support their coworkers sitting in the mines.
"We used to have decent salaries here, but now it's impossible to feed families with what they are paying us."
"Why the major TV channels are not even here - 300 people are sitting underground already for ten days; this should be a major reporting in the country, but they are too busy telling us every day now what's going on in Belorussia. That's not what they should be reporting; instead they need to report what's going on HERE, in Krivoy Rog. "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l-miiecVkE

Last edited by erasure; 09-15-2020 at 12:10 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2020, 07:06 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
Before the Ukrainian population again loomed the specter of poverty, but this time extreme, on the verge of survival. If the law that the "Servant of the people" intends to push through the Parliament in September is passed, a significant number of low-income citizens (and most of them) will have to part with their own housing and property and move to live on the streets. The draft legislative act, drawn up under one of the mandatory conditions of the IMF under the colonial obligations assumed by Ukraine for a loan of a measly 1.2 billion euros, should introduce a new procedure for collecting utility payments and imposing fines for their delay. The draft law is called "on amendments to certain laws of Ukraine regarding the improvement of the procedure for repayment of consumer debt for housing and communal services".
As of may 1, the debt for communal services in Ukraine reached a huge amount: more than 63 billion hryvnia. The collapse in non-payments began during the period of so-called reforms that began immediately after the "revolution of dignity". Yatsenyuk's reform activity was reduced to an explosive increase in tariffs for services that have not changed in any way qualitatively. Non-payments became a vertical problem, causing collapse on all floors of the system.
The bill contains truly shocking measures of influence on non-payers. The penalty limit for debt is set at 100%. In other words, your debt will double over time.
Bailiffs will be able to:
- collect debt until it is fully repaid without applying the Statute of limitations;
- withhold up to 50 percent of the debtor's salary;
- foreclose on the debtor's property, that is, first of all, on his housing.

Moreover, it will be possible to foreclose on both wages and property at the same time.
The current non-payments are by no means negligent citizens. Current rates are such that one monthly payment can be equal to a pension or salary. Especially in rural areas, where the house is on average larger in size than a city apartment. And if earlier the accumulation of debts did not particularly threaten low-income citizens, then after the adoption of the law, all their property will be immediately described and put up for sale after the judge's hammer is struck.
Manufacturers of tents should be ready for the increased demand.
Keep us informed please.

Old 09-15-2020, 02:54 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,854,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
Before the Ukrainian population again loomed the specter of poverty, but this time extreme, on the verge of survival. If the law that the "Servant of the people" intends to push through the Parliament in September is passed, a significant number of low-income citizens (and most of them) will have to part with their own housing and property and move to live on the streets. The draft legislative act, drawn up under one of the mandatory conditions of the IMF under the colonial obligations assumed by Ukraine for a loan of a measly 1.2 billion euros, should introduce a new procedure for collecting utility payments and imposing fines for their delay. The draft law is called "on amendments to certain laws of Ukraine regarding the improvement of the procedure for repayment of consumer debt for housing and communal services".
As of may 1, the debt for communal services in Ukraine reached a huge amount: more than 63 billion hryvnia. The collapse in non-payments began during the period of so-called reforms that began immediately after the "revolution of dignity". Yatsenyuk's reform activity was reduced to an explosive increase in tariffs for services that have not changed in any way qualitatively. Non-payments became a vertical problem, causing collapse on all floors of the system.
The bill contains truly shocking measures of influence on non-payers. The penalty limit for debt is set at 100%. In other words, your debt will double over time.
Bailiffs will be able to:
- collect debt until it is fully repaid without applying the Statute of limitations;
- withhold up to 50 percent of the debtor's salary;
- foreclose on the debtor's property, that is, first of all, on his housing.

Moreover, it will be possible to foreclose on both wages and property at the same time.
The current non-payments are by no means negligent citizens. Current rates are such that one monthly payment can be equal to a pension or salary. Especially in rural areas, where the house is on average larger in size than a city apartment. And if earlier the accumulation of debts did not particularly threaten low-income citizens, then after the adoption of the law, all their property will be immediately described and put up for sale after the judge's hammer is struck.
Manufacturers of tents should be ready for the increased demand.
This is Russian disinformation. Municipalities not paying for utilities had grown to be such a problem under Yanukovych that it was cited as the main reason they needed to borrow 3 billion from Russia in 2013. The reality is this is still occurring in the Donbas.

Consumers who can't afford their utilities (such as low income pensioners) have direct subsidies to pay their bills, but only up to a certain amount of use so its not wasted. Same as we do it in the western world. People who take out debts have similar bankruptcy protections as they do in Europe. In some cases you do have to sell assets to repay debts.

You're trying to twist normal reform into some nefarious scheme to harm ordinary people there but nobody is believing it except some old ex soviets. The primary harm to Ukrainian civilians continues to be from the military aggression from Russia, and secondarily this kind of propaganda seeking to create division in society to convince old soviets that the world is better under Russian rule.

Old 09-15-2020, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
... and again - back to Krivoy Rog, native city of Zelensky.
300 miners are staying underground already for two weeks; four mines are on strike.

People demand living wages and safety standards.

They are saying that not only they have to purchase a lot of the necessary equipment themselves, but when they point to the owners that machinery in their mines is worn out and is a safety hazard, the owners are telling them "it's either your salaries or the new machinery."

At 8:57;

"Back in 2012 I was making $1,250 dollars per month; now it's 8000 grivnas.. which is about 300 dollars. Not only that - now I often have to work all alone, which is a direct violation of safety laws - I have to have at least another person with me, because if something happens to me, no one will even ever know. They are trying to convince us that we have enough of people working here, but we are aware that we are short on people; the turnover is big, and I have to do a job for two or three people that we are missing.

With that, I can't afford even decent food, the price of everything is only going up - only energy bills that I have to pay in winter time come to 3,000 grivnas ( monthly I assume,) so I can't pay even that - I pay the bills in portions, trying to catch up with them during summer time.

When we point at that to our management ( how much we have to pay for energy bills alone,) they advise us to move to the one room apartments. But we all have families."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8ULkHSLj7I

These miners came to support their coworkers sitting in the mines.
"We used to have decent salaries here, but now it's impossible to feed families with what they are paying us."
"Why the major TV channels are not even here - 300 people are sitting underground already for ten days; this should be a major reporting in the country, but they are too busy telling us every day now what's going on in Belorussia. That's not what they should be reporting; instead they need to report what's going on HERE, in Krivoy Rog. "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l-miiecVkE

Meanwhile in France...

Ukraine's richest man just revealed as the mystery buyer who scooped up a historic French villa for $221 million last year.

Oh my, and this richest man, Rinat Akhmetov happened to be the very guy that happened to make his money on... coal mines.
How peculiar.

We know DKM, why the IMF "discourages the capital controls" or whatever fancy words you want to use for this kind of thuggery.

We learned it first hand in Moscow back in the 90ies, when Russian so-called "entrepreneurs" started purchasing the most expensive real estates in London, Paris, Miami - we know it all, we are not THAT stupid DKM, what all this "fight with corruption" in Russia/Ukraine by the West means.

And you can put a lipstick on a pig, but a pig is still a pig, in the same manner as the eternal "fight with corruption" in today's colonized Ukraine.

But for now - enjoy the view.

Looking good, innit?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjHnQWfcagU

Old 09-15-2020, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
This is Russian disinformation. Municipalities not paying for utilities had grown to be such a problem under Yanukovych that it was cited as the main reason they needed to borrow 3 billion from Russia in 2013. The reality is this is still occurring in the Donbas.

Consumers who can't afford their utilities (such as low income pensioners) have direct subsidies to pay their bills, but only up to a certain amount of use so its not wasted. Same as we do it in the western world. People who take out debts have similar bankruptcy protections as they do in Europe. In some cases you do have to sell assets to repay debts.

You're trying to twist normal reform into some nefarious scheme to harm ordinary people there but nobody is believing it except some old ex soviets. The primary harm to Ukrainian civilians continues to be from the military aggression from Russia, and secondarily this kind of propaganda seeking to create division in society to convince old soviets that the world is better under Russian rule.

Oh quit lying DKM, enough of your pretenses already.

In the "Western world" you can patch up things for the "low income pensioners," but in Ukraine practically ALL population is "low income" and would be qualified for subsidies. But they will never get them, in spite of the "Western world" price of energy now.

Last edited by erasure; 09-15-2020 at 04:06 PM..

Old 09-15-2020, 08:09 PM
DKM

"All population is low income", 1 post after showing a Ukrainian bought a 200 million dollar villa. Which is it. Yes, a Donbas oligarch who moved to Kiev bought a house in France. Oh the horror. He didn't get rich from coal mines, but even if he did, those aren't the profit centers they once were and they never will be again. All of those miners will be out of jobs within 10 years. The old ways are dying one way or another. We may have to wait another 10 years for the Putin generation to die off and let the USSR finally collapse.

Old 09-15-2020, 08:29 PM

Quote:
"All population is low income", 1 post after showing a Ukrainian bought a 200 million dollar villa. Which is it. Yes, a Donbas oligarch who moved to Kiev bought a house in France. Oh the horror. He didn't get rich from coal mines, but even if he did, those aren't the profit centers they once were and they never will be again.

He is not the only one out there, you know

How Ukrainian oligarchs secretly became the largest real estate owners in downtown Cleveland.

( Oh wait, that's the wrong kind of oligarch, the kind that's inconvenient for the US. )

But there are others, and the main point here - the eternal "fight with corruption" by the West, paired with "discouragement of the capital controls."

Quote:

All of those miners will be out of jobs within 10 years. The old ways are dying one way or another. We may have to wait another 10 years for the Putin generation to die off and let the USSR finally collapse.

And who/what is going to take over the world?

Spill it out for us please))

Old 09-15-2020, 10:39 PM
DKM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post

And who/what is going to take over the world?

Spill it out for us please))
The Ze/Tikhanovskaya/DKM generation. It will just take longer for it to happen in the slave societies to the north and east.

Old 09-15-2020, 11:08 PM

Quote:
The Ze/Tikhanovskaya/DKM generation. It will just take longer for it to happen in the slave societies to the north and east.

That's going to... bow to America, fully and unconditionally, finally?
Please, do tell us the end goal of it all.

Old 09-16-2020, 08:06 AM

1,348 posts, read 624,219 times
Quote:
"We may have to wait another 10 years for the Putin generation to die off and let the USSR finally collapse.
Not expect...The West has been destroying Russia since the 15th century, but it can't break it up in any way ... Russia even will outlive America...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe