Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2020, 09:01 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,526,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Nickel, Iron ore and Oil composed the largest shipments of material to Nazi Germany during the war right up until June of 1941.

No it was oil and GRAIN. ( I underline grain, because Stalin was shipping it out, in spite of domestic shortages of food stuff in his own country, which is very telling.)

Quote:
I understand well that the Soviet propaganda instilled this idea that all Western Ukrainian nationalists are "fascists" since many of them did side with the Nazi's. This was due to a ploy by the crafty Germans who well knew the western Ukrainians chafed at the recently imposed Commie rule. Germany gave them their churches back for example. It was a ploy to win them over and it had some success as they did in many other countries where Germany gathered supporters for their cause.
No it's was not "Soviet propaganda," but facts actually, however, those are well-known facts, while I learned something new and interesting.
But I'll get back to that later, because first thing first - I wanted to address Ukrainian economy.

Quote:
I recall seeing the Svoboda guys in Kharkov many years ago and me and my (college age) friends all agreed these guys don't belong here in Eastern Ukraine and need to go back to their Bandera land. I get it, I really do.

8 years later when the Banderi guys showed up to help my friends to fight off the invasion in their backyards, well that changed a lot of minds about who is the fascist and who is on their side. Spending time in trenches bonds young men in remarkable ways. I know you don't see it that way. But on the ground, this is the way it is and will be for at least as long as the war drags on and some years after. There are still nearly 2 million people displaced throughout Ukraine who feel very angry about being kicked out of their homes by bandits from the east.
Right.
And it's all cool and dandy, except for these "bonded" gangs can't run the country the way they currently do on the streets of Ukraine.

And that's what's coming to an end.

Last edited by erasure; 09-22-2020 at 10:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2020, 09:36 PM

...and now - back to Ukrainian economy, because I finally got the explanation of all these wonderful "positive developments in growing foreign trade of Ukraine."

I couldn't figure it out where the growth of international trade was coming from ( since it was obvious to me that it ain't EU that contributes to it,) but now the mystery is solved; China is the major consumer of Ukrainian agricultural products; that's where the positive balance between export and import of Ukraine comes from.

So I'll skip all other intricate details here, and will go straight to the most interesting part of this dispatch;

"If to look at official statistics of the last 7 months, our export fell 7.3%, while import fell 14.7%.
That's why overall we have positive balance.

At that, our export to the EU countries fell 18.6%
Why then did we have such small losses overall?

I'll tell you why; the answer is China.

Somewhat unexpected? Yes, but our export to this country grew amazing 96.5%.
As strange as it sounds, China is the biggest importer of Ukrainian products. And because of our exports to China, our economy stayed afloat during the pandemic. We export to China mostly our agricultural products.
Comparably to the last year, our exchange of agricultural products grew 71%.

China is the main buyer of Ukrainian ore and iron ( as raw materials) as well. The share of these sales was over 64% during the last 8 months. China is buying increasing number of agricultural products from Ukraine ( corn and soya including,) because of the trade wars with the US.

China's course on quick economic recovery after the pandemic allows Ukraine to count on further export growth.

But with time, the strategic ( geopolitical) contradiction can arise, because of our future orientation on China as our major trade partner and the way the US... ( IMF) run our politics, economy and the rest.

So if the confrontation between the "unified West" and China will keep on growing, we can't exclude that we'll have to make yet another geopolitical choice.

In the same manner as it happened back in 2013, when Russia was our major trade partner, but we decided to sign the EU agreement, and we all remember what came out of it."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfgViTBJbTs

Interesting developments, to say the least.

Last edited by erasure; 09-22-2020 at 10:52 PM..

Old 09-23-2020, 03:10 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,853,283 times
Yes every economy on earth is declining in 2020 and that includes large drops in foreign trade. This isn't unique to Ukraine or a reason they should abandon their EU alignment. Russia isn't exactly a growing market for anyone either.

Old 09-23-2020, 05:04 PM
DKM

Here is Kiev today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cd0eNvFaC6A

Let me guess, Russian fake news says these flew uninvited by Ukraine and it was a show by NATO to show who rules the colony. LOL

Last edited by DKM; 09-23-2020 at 06:04 PM..

Old 09-23-2020, 07:01 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,134 times
Quote:
Here is Kiev today:

Let me guess, Russian fake news says these flew uninvited by Ukraine and it was a show by NATO to show who rules the colony. LOL
I wonder. Were the Ukrainian people asked if they were okay with it?

We all know that answer.

We also know what would happen if they objected.

Old 09-23-2020, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Here is Kiev today:

What's so "fake" about these "news"?

Particularly that it's not the *news,* really - $5 billion paid for the change of government, then comes the coup d'etat, the overthrowing of legitimate government, and voila - "Ukraine is inviting NATO."

It's not a secret how it's done in colonies.

And now - meet the new nominee to the post of American ambassador in Ukraine - a retired lieutenant general of the US Army, Keith Dayton.

I'm sure *Ukraine* asked for this nomination as well.

Zelensky personally.

Last edited by erasure; 09-23-2020 at 08:28 PM..

Old 09-23-2020, 10:15 PM
DKM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I wonder. Were the Ukrainian people asked if they were okay with it?

We all know that answer.

We also know what would happen if they objected.
hehehe, No of course not, they wish they were all in Minsk getting attacked and kidnapped by masked bandits in tracksuits. Oh how they dream of this but instead have to suffer under American SOF aircraft ruining their nap on the beach. It's an outrage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post

And now - meet the new nominee to the post of American ambassador in Ukraine - a retired lieutenant general of the US Army, Keith Dayton.

I'm sure *Ukraine* asked for this nomination as well.

Zelensky personally.
You're right, proof right there Ukraine is our colony is we didn't ask them who to nominate as our ambassador.

Old 09-23-2020, 10:27 PM

2,216 posts, read 1,020,674 times
Quote:
hehehe, No of course not, they wish they were all in Minsk getting attacked and kidnapped by masked bandits in tracksuits. Oh how they dream of this but instead have to suffer under American SOF aircraft ruining their nap on the beach. It's an outrage!

You're right, proof right there Ukraine is our colony is we didn't ask them who to nominate as our ambassador.
It's great,it's a success !!! It was undoubtedly worth killing a lot of people, destroying industry,starting a civil war,losing territories ,destroying the economy, and drowning the country in debt.

Old 09-23-2020, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
It's great,it's a success !!! It was undoubtedly worth killing a lot of people, destroying industry,starting a civil war,losing territories ,destroying the economy, and drowning the country in debt.

Nah, it was just a "ruined nap on the beach";

Besides, how many retired American lieutenant generals are appointed as *ambassadors* around the world?

Apparently it's reserved for "special friendship" only, like in case of Ukraine)))

Old 09-24-2020, 10:04 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,134 times
There was another video about this flyover. A group of people on the other bank apparently. They weren't cheering. The mood was dark, even with the kids. Ill see if I can dig it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe