Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2020, 04:24 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,853,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
And by "Ukraine" you mean the US embassy?
An allegation invented by Russian propaganda. Ukraine joined the WHO's GVAP months ago, and that is their plan for how they will get the first round of vaccines, after they are approved. No Putin imposed fake vaccine will take place of following the WHO program.

Quote:
I have no idea where this research of yours came, what vaccines specifically it's talking about, ( since you are usually all talk/no links kind of a guy,) plus Russian vaccine is still at its stage 3, ( so not quite ready to go yet, so I'll suspend my judgment for now.)
It came from the Lancet. It wasn't directed at the Russian vaccine, but rather at Ad5 vaccines in general.
Russia's approved-by-Putin vaccine uses the Ad5 vector, as does a major Chinese one and a candidate under development by Merck in New Jersey. Russia is the only country with a supposed phase 3 candidate without any published results of even their first phases. Seems it isn't doing any good since Russia had a record number of reported cases and deaths yesterday.

Quote:
Right, right, so what have heard you about the testing (offered for about 4,000 Ukrainians) of the new super-duper vaccine of the Western origin instead?
Nothing because there are no trials being run in Ukraine, or offered. The only development of a covid vaccine involving Ukraine is a joint project with Turkey run by some private firms still in the pre-clinical stage. And the upcoming trials will be run in Turkey... if they happen at all (I doubt it).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2020, 11:31 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
An allegation invented by Russian propaganda. Ukraine joined the WHO's GVAP months ago, and that is their plan for how they will get the first round of vaccines, after they are approved. No Putin imposed fake vaccine will take place of following the WHO program.
The only main propagandist here is you)))
Why do you keep on pretending that Russia has got nothing to do with WHO, while throwing around all these "GVAPS" and "Ukraine's plans"?
Ukraine has no plans, it's a colony - US embassy makes decisions for Ukraine.

As far as Russian vaccine and WHO goes - here it is;

Russia: WHO's Europe director thanks Moscow for developing COVID-19 vaccine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KidGOGfdIYc

Quote:
It came from the Lancet. It wasn't directed at the Russian vaccine, but rather at Ad5 vaccines in general.
As I thought.

Quote:
Russia's approved-by-Putin vaccine uses the Ad5 vector, as does a major Chinese one and a candidate under development by Merck in New Jersey. Russia is the only country with a supposed phase 3 candidate without any published results of even their first phases. Seems it isn't doing any good since Russia had a record number of reported cases and deaths yesterday.
As far as I know, Russians don't use the vaccination yet - it's at stage 3 testing only, so how can it do "any good" at this point?

With that being said - I don't know how good ( or bad) Russian vaccine is.

It looks like in the worst case scenario it's simply not effective, but it looks like at least it's not harmful, since a lot of Russian officials are already using it.

Quote:
Nothing because there are no trials being run in Ukraine, or offered. The only development of a covid vaccine involving Ukraine is a joint project with Turkey run by some private firms still in the pre-clinical stage. And the upcoming trials will be run in Turkey... if they happen at all (I doubt it).
I see.

Here it is, from your favorite UNIAN ( so that you would stop counting Russians under your bed)

"Last week, we received the first application to conduct the study of the third phase of a European manufacturer and today we are working on examining that material. If the material is in sufficient volumes and the Ukrainian research confirms its safety, then 4,200 (!) Ukrainian volunteers will be able to take part in the project. When will this happen? We'd like to see it happen as soon as possible," said Dumenko.
Read more on UNIAN: https://www.unian.info/society/covid...-11182985.html

So as you can see - no "imposed fake Putin's vaccine" - Ukrainians need to serve as guinea pigs for Western vaccination first apparently.

That's the decision of the overlords.

Last edited by erasure; 10-22-2020 at 12:25 AM..

Old 10-21-2020, 11:59 PM

Quote:
The Senate Republicans issued their report on their Biden investigation last month. In it they found no evidence that Joe Biden acted inappropriately in Ukraine. Sorry if the Russian hack/dump didn't work this time around. Nice try though, I give it a C+ for effort.
Yeah, that was last month, THIS month however, the news are changing;

"The Department of Justice agrees with spy chief John Ratcliffe’s assessment that emails published by The Post from a laptop owned by Hunter Biden are not part of a Russian disinformation campaign, a report said."

October 20

https://nypost.com/2020/10/20/doj-ag...mation-report/

Of course I don't believe somehow that *someone has dropped off that laptop for repairs" and never came back for it, but it is what it is, even though I don't know how exactly they obtained all this information.
But when I saw the initial reports on Ukrainian sites, it was obvious to me that it was not made-up stuff, not something that "Russians created out of the thin air."
So sorry if you are not keeping with the news, so C- for your effort, if even that much.

Last edited by erasure; 10-22-2020 at 12:26 AM..

Old 10-22-2020, 12:19 AM

P.S. In other related news, I just heard from one of the Russian bloggers, that US Justice department opened a lawsuit against Google for the violation of the anti-trust laws.

Check - yes, it's here.

So the guy works for the IT department somewhere in the US, and he said an interesting thing.

He mentioned that Google operated lately in such way, that their algorithm was set ( or rather fudged) to bring the negative publicity about the right-wing politicians ( Trump first of all of course) on top in search engine, and the positive news about the left-wingers ( Biden of course) on top as well.

(He mentioned the same about the "fact checkers" sites - that they seem to be "checking" rigorously on right-wing politics/politicians and not on the left ones.)
But whatever it is, if all this is possible to prove in the court, Google is going to be in big trouble.

Last edited by erasure; 10-22-2020 at 12:28 AM..

Old 10-22-2020, 01:24 PM
DKM

I just explained why ad5 vaccines may cause more harm than good. The Russian vaccine is a ad5 vaccine. It is untested and unproven. I'm glad they are trying anyway and I hope it works.

It is NOT an American plot to prevent Ukraine from using it in order to use Ukrainains as test subjects of a secret trial. Ukraine's government already explained that they DON'T want unproven vaccines and will follow the WHO's GVAP to get their first batch of vaccines. Russia's does NOT meet the WHO's GVAP requirements because they did NOT publish results of their trial. I don't really care whether you believe in science or truth or not, but this is the ACTUAL reason why Ukraine does not currently seek the Russian vaccine and not because of some supposed intervention by the US Embassy conspiracy theory.

Old 10-22-2020, 05:20 PM

Quote:
I just explained why ad5 vaccines may cause more harm than good. The Russian vaccine is a ad5 vaccine. It is untested and unproven. I'm glad they are trying anyway and I hope it works.
And of course the vaccine that's offered for 4,000 *volunteers* is tested and proven - do I understand you correctly?

Quote:
It is NOT an American plot to prevent Ukraine from using it in order to use Ukrainains as test subjects of a secret trial. Ukraine's government already explained that they DON'T want unproven vaccines and will follow the WHO's GVAP to get their first batch of vaccines. Russia's does NOT meet the WHO's GVAP requirements because they did NOT publish results of their trial. I don't really care whether you believe in science or truth or not, but this is the ACTUAL reason why Ukraine does not currently seek the Russian vaccine and not because of some supposed intervention by the US Embassy conspiracy theory.
The ACTUAL reason behind the refusal to consider Russian vaccination at this point is purely political, dictated by the US (that's even not taking in consideration to turn Ukraine into the testing ground for Western vaccine.)
Your explanations sound nice on a surface, but really-really - when/if Western vaccine will be finally approved - do you think Ukraine is going to be the first place where it's going to be rushed to, keeping in mind the global demand?
And so that's what Ukrainians are talking about - that they will end up buying Russian vaccine after all, but through some third party and twice more expensive, in the same manner as they are buying same Russian gas now as before, but which cost them now 10 fold more.

https://neweasterneurope.eu/2018/04/...tigation-gone/

Old 10-22-2020, 06:47 PM
DKM

If you're talking about the 4,200 person trial that may be conducted in Ukraine, that is a phase 3 trial. So that means it will have phase 1 and 2 published results. Ukraine's person in charge of that said they will review the results of the trials before they will allow phase 3 trialing in Ukraine. It's a European vaccine. Many countries around the world require a vaccine to have a phase 3 conducted in their country before they will approve its distribution (including the USA). Astra Zeneca is conducting trials in 11 countries, so it may be them. Nobody wants the unproven Russian vaccine, not because of American politics but because there is no proof that it works!

You're looking for a conspiracy where their isn't any. It isn't a scheme, Ukraine pays less for gas now than any year since 2007. This is a fact you cannot dispute. I'm sorry for the losses this brings corrupt Russian connected oligarchs.

Old 10-22-2020, 07:44 PM

Quote:
If you're talking about the 4,200 person trial that may be conducted in Ukraine, that is a phase 3 trial. So that means it will have phase 1 and 2 published results. Ukraine's person in charge of that said they will review the results of the trials before they will allow phase 3 trialing in Ukraine. It's a European vaccine. Many countries around the world require a vaccine to have a phase 3 conducted in their country before they will approve its distribution (including the USA). Astra Zeneca is conducting trials in 11 countries, so it may be them. Nobody wants the unproven Russian vaccine, not because of American politics but because there is no proof that it works!

You're looking for a conspiracy where their isn't any. It isn't a scheme, Ukraine pays less for gas now than any year since 2007. This is a fact you cannot dispute. I'm sorry for the losses this brings corrupt Russian connected oligarchs.

"Ukraine" who?
We all know that the gas price for the households rose tenfold comparably to what they used to pay while being tied to Russia.

Don't you remember how Poroshenko was bragging to Biden that he raised tariffs not 75% as he was instructed, but all 100%?

Or was it the "Russians" again who made it up?

And same with vaccination.

Initially you claimed that "Ukrainians" declined to consider Russian vaccine because "it was untested."
Now it turns out that Ukrainians become the guinea pigs for "Stage 3" of some untested vaccine ( because that's what your "stage 3" really means.)

And it's the same with everything - you promise them that they will "live like in Europe," and they end up in the agricultural state with destroyed industries, with rising unemployment and the standards of living of the third world dump.

You promise them "independence from Russia," and they end up paying tenfolds for the same Russian gas.

Now you promise them "highest quality vaccine," but realistically speaking they will get it the last and the latest, if ever. ( I am not going to talk about the dire situation with health care overall, destroyed by American so-called "reforms.")

That's what it's all about, while you keep on coming with politically-correct explanations, that are so typical for American left, excuse me.

The world to hell is paved with best intentions as they say.

Old 10-23-2020, 07:28 PM
DKM

Yes, I get that it angers Russians that Ukraine will get a normally tested safe european vaccine and Russians get their untested might make them worse product. Not my problem. This is going to keep frustrating you because they will continue adopting European standards and products across their entire spectrum of society. It's already happening with the massive construction projects going on around Kiev to absorb people fleeing the "russky mir". This decade will be a painful one for a Russian to watch...

Old 10-23-2020, 10:13 PM

2,216 posts, read 1,020,674 times
Quote:
Yes, I get that it angers Russians that Ukraine will get a normally tested safe european vaccine and Russians get their untested might make them worse product. Not my problem. This is going to keep frustrating you because they will continue adopting European standards and products across their entire spectrum of society. It's already happening with the massive construction projects going on around Kiev to absorb people fleeing the "russky mir". This decade will be a painful one for a Russian to watch...

The fact is that European standards are so different.For Europeans, the first sort- one, for a second-class Europeans, others.For the colonies, quite the third. After all, European salaries and European pensions have already happened.Really? Everything is as standard ! And in the photo, we must assume the same builders .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe