Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2020, 10:06 PM

1,348 posts, read 624,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
He's seems upset at this loss of empire. What can he really do about it? By a wide margin they don't want to "integrate" with Russia. There is nothing attractive about this concept to the majority of Ukrainians. What competitive advantage is he talking about? The 1970s soviet industries are dead.
After the collapse of the USSR, Ukraine was the second largest economy after the RSFSR ... Or maybe even the first ...
And what kind of ass is Ukraine in now ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2020, 12:35 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,854,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimogor View Post
After the collapse of the USSR, Ukraine was the second largest economy after the RSFSR ... Or maybe even the first ...
And what kind of ass is Ukraine in now ...
After the collapse of the USSR Ukraine went through 22 years of a transition away from inefficient soviet industry later taken over by corrupt kleptocrats with a good dose of Russian meddling. Now its finally tackling its problems. So the question remains, why would they want to revert back to the kleptocracy of the Russian system? It is not sustainable without a bunch of oil and gas to export. As Russia's problems further mount, it becomes less attractive to anyone but the hard core soviet loyalist pensioners.

Old 02-29-2020, 01:35 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,534,034 times
Quote:
After the collapse of the USSR Ukraine went through 22 years of a transition away from inefficient soviet industry later taken over by corrupt kleptocrats with a good dose of Russian meddling. Now its finally tackling its problems. So the question remains, why would they want to revert back to the kleptocracy of the Russian system? It is not sustainable without a bunch of oil and gas to export. As Russia's problems further mount, it becomes less attractive to anyone but the hard core soviet loyalist pensioners.

Exactly, why would they want "to revert back to the kleptocracy of the Russian system," when they can practice the kleptocracy under American democrats?

Meet the latest modest addition to the real estate of the new "uncorrupt" Prosecutor General of Ukraine, Ruslan Ryaboshapka, (Zelensky's "own man," ( if to believe to what he said during conversation with Trump.)
So yes, meet this modest cozy little house in the La Wantzenau, France, bought by Ryaboshapka's wife, to the tune of half million Euros or so.
Nice place to raise three children, innit?

That's SOOOO much different from the fired by Biden and totally corrupt Prosecutor General Victor Shokin, who, as the result of corruption Russian style was raising his crude, unrefined Russian tomatoes at his dacha ( summer house) somewhere around Kiev.

Oh the nerve)))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3dorffm2K8

Old 02-29-2020, 02:57 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times
Quote:
Exactly, why would they want "to revert back to the kleptocracy of the Russian system," when they can practice the kleptocracy under American democrats?
Oh how true. It's interesting how no individual in a key position in any part of the Ukrainian government has been selected without the approval of Joe Biden and Co.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2QhT5eTdxo&t=1425s

This is nothing less than the servile bootlicking behavior found in every corrupt vassel state ever formed throughout history. It's disgusting.

Tito never did it in Yugoslavia, he stayed out from under the boot of both the USSR and America. Iran is doing the same as is Syria. If Ukraine wants to be a free and independent nation they need to go another way , as of today they're just prostitutes and slaves.

Shokin supposedly being poisoned is interesting too.

Old 02-29-2020, 02:57 PM
DKM

A 500k house bought by a middle aged lawyer is evidence of Russian style corruption? I have a house worth twice that and I'm younger than him, am I corrupt too?

How sad you have to stretch things... Shokin never prosecuted a single company for corruption. Imagine that, everything was squeaky clean during his administration. And now that he works for an indicted oligarch with ties to Russian organized crime it means nothing! Especially to that oligarch who used to profit by reselling Russian subsidized gas (oh that, again!). How is that Russian gas market doing anyway? I'm hearing from friends in Moscow who are cashing in to dollars. What's to be afraid of, Russia is so rich with its gas!

Old 02-29-2020, 03:19 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times
Quote:
How sad you have to stretch things... Shokin never prosecuted a single company for corruption.
The first company he wanted to look into was Burisma Holdings. It not only cost him the position, it almost cost him his life.

Old 02-29-2020, 03:21 PM

Quote:
A 500k house bought by a middle aged lawyer is evidence of Russian style corruption? I have a house worth twice that and I'm younger than him, am I corrupt too?

Ask your friends to translate the video I posted, and you will learn more about this "uncorrupt" Ryaboshapka, his official income declarations ( that government officials suppose to fill out) and the rest.
I am done coming up with details every time you make some false statements that serve you agenda.
Do your homework yourself.

Quote:
How sad you have to stretch things... Shokin never prosecuted a single company for corruption. Imagine that, everything was squeaky clean during his administration. And now that he works for an indicted oligarch with ties to Russian organized crime it means nothing! Especially to that oligarch who used to profit by reselling Russian subsidized gas (oh that, again!). How is that Russian gas market doing anyway? I'm hearing from friends in Moscow who are cashing in to dollars. What's to be afraid of, Russia is so rich with its gas
You mean Poroshenko administration?
The one hand-picked by American democrats to "fight the Russian style corruption?"
THAT Poroshenko?

Just lol.

Old 02-29-2020, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
The first company he wanted to look into was Burisma Holdings. It not only cost him the position, it almost cost him his life.

As far as I remember - yes.

That's why Poroshenko pulled him out of retirement in the first place.
I imagine so that two of them would come up with some kind of compromise regarding that "Burisma Holdings."

Old 03-01-2020, 01:27 PM
DKM

The burisma allegations sourced from Russians. You could type anything like that and declare it true but it doesn't make it so. The evidence doesn't support your allegations at all here. But clearly Biden is not someone putin wants to be the next president.

And no poroshenko wasn't hand picked, he was freely elected. According to you guys he was supposed to be chased out of the country by now. Yet again the facts prove your statements were wrong.

Old 03-01-2020, 02:43 PM

Quote:
The burisma allegations sourced from Russians. You could type anything like that and declare it true but it doesn't make it so. The evidence doesn't support your allegations at all here. But clearly Biden is not someone putin wants to be the next president.

Actually... not.
Sourced from the Brits.
Because that's where the investigation started - in London.
So take your case of "Burisma's innocence" there.

Quote:
And no poroshenko wasn't hand picked, he was freely elected. According to you guys he was supposed to be chased out of the country by now. Yet again the facts prove your statements were wrong
Surree...

As "free elected" as "Yatz" and "Klitch" per that infamous Nuland conversation?
Or do I need to re-post it here again?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe