Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2020, 09:38 PM

750 posts, read 906,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Link please. I want to read your "resource".
any Russian Nazi public. Or did you want Putin to personally voice the information?
https://polynkov.livejournal.com/2224504.html

I congratulate everyone on the Day of Cosmonautics, when a Ukrainian scientist for the first time in the world launched into the space a russian man instead of a dog.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2020, 02:09 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,228,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadym View Post
any Russian Nazi public. Or did you want Putin to personally voice the information?
https://polynkov.livejournal.com/2224504.html
Oh, this is a serious resource.
ps: And... "Wagner" is not a Russian army.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadym View Post
I congratulate everyone on the Day of Cosmonautics, when a Ukrainian scientist for the first time in the world launched into the space a russian man instead of a dog.
Yes, yes, yes... The Great Ukrainian Cosmonautics...

https://i.ibb.co/Zg7f6gN/photo-2020-04-14-23-08-07.jpg

Old 04-14-2020, 07:30 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,134 times
Wasn't there a rocket science University or something in Zhitomir?

Old 04-15-2020, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Wasn't there a rocket science University or something in Zhitomir?
Honestly, I have not heard about this before. This is probably a good university.
But Ukraine had one of the best plants in the world for production of rocket and space technology in the 80s (YuzhMash).
Everything remained in the glorious Soviet past.

Old 04-15-2020, 06:04 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,853,283 times
The only university in Zhitomir is a medical one. You're probably thinking of the space museum dedicated to Sergei Korolyov, who was born there. The only rocket research related places in Ukraine are in Kiev, Kharkov and Dnipro.

The problem for Yuzhmash is they made only parts or engines for certain stages of rockets jointly with Russia. I don't see a bright future unless they find a solid partner. They are returning to their military roots with some recent designs though. Fun fact about Yuzhmash is that's who built the missiles that led to the Cuban Missile crisis.

Old 04-15-2020, 06:35 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Honestly, I have not heard about this before. This is probably a good university.
But Ukraine had one of the best plants in the world for production of rocket and space technology in the 80s (YuzhMash).
Everything remained in the glorious Soviet past.

Yes, it's all in the past.
I was listening to curious reports from there so far, on one particular educational project during the coronavirus quarantine.
Well, basically while everyone was stuck at home ( school children including, part of which don't have access to the internet,) Ukr. gov came up with a good idea - that is to continue the remote education via TV.

So every channel picked up program for certain grade ( I think they've started with the 5th grade on, and teachers for every respectful subject were picked from Kiev's schools, supposedly the best. )

And so the parents that were stuck at home with their children, actually had an opportunity to have a glimpse into their children's education. What they are taught and how.

Which left them with a lot of questions, to put it mildly.
It turned out that polar bears were living in Antarctica, 30-2 equaled 18, the Livonian war turned into the war with Lebanon, and in general, when it came to history lessons, not only children were encouraged to learn it with the help of emoticons, identifying their attitude towards the Russian Empire VS Austro-Hungarian empire, but as Sharij has put it, it reminded him downright the Soviet propaganda lessons, but in reverse manner)))
( Except for in Soviet schools they at least were not confusing the the names of Tzars, and which ocean was coming to the shores of Australia. )
So obviously, after the concerned parents ( concerned by the quality of education of their children) addressed the media, Zelensky's gov. came up with a flash mob in Rada, defending the "right of teachers to make mistakes."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeciJ01paIw

Old 04-15-2020, 07:09 PM

1,348 posts, read 624,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
The only university in Zhitomir is a medical one. You're probably thinking of the space museum dedicated to Sergei Korolyov, who was born there. The only rocket research related places in Ukraine are in Kiev, Kharkov and Dnipro.

The problem for Yuzhmash is they made only parts or engines for certain stages of rockets jointly with Russia. I don't see a bright future unless they find a solid partner. They are returning to their military roots with some recent designs though. Fun fact about Yuzhmash is that's who built the missiles that led to the Cuban Missile crisis.
You are mistaken. Yuzhmash produced Zenit space missiles and SS-18 Satan ballistic missiles.

Old 04-15-2020, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post

Yes. There was a Museum there 15 years ago when I stopped. I saw it down the street but I had no time to go visit. I'm sure there was a reference to an academy or institute also. Maybe my lousy reading skills had something to do with it.
Ukrainian SSR had a lot of advanced industry back then.

Old 04-16-2020, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Which left them with a lot of questions, to put it mildly.
It turned out that polar bears were living in Antarctica, 30-2 equaled 18, the Livonian war turned into the war with Lebanon, and in general, when it came to history lessons, not only children were encouraged to learn it with the help of emoticons, identifying their attitude towards the Russian Empire VS Austro-Hungarian empire, but as Sharij has put it, it reminded him downright the Soviet propaganda lessons, but in reverse manner)))
( Except for in Soviet schools they at least were not confusing the the names of Tzars, and which ocean was coming to the shores of Australia. )
So obviously, after the concerned parents ( concerned by the quality of education of their children) addressed the media, Zelensky's gov. came up with a flash mob in Rada, defending the "right of teachers to make mistakes."
I think teachers were just worried in front of the cameras. Even my 4-year-old son knows that polar bears live in the Arctic (there are icebreakers), and penguins live in the Antarctica (there are rocks and a polar stations). But if you make a person speak into a lens, many people get lost and worried.

Old 04-30-2020, 08:56 AM

Misha the rat is back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TesYqEJWOOg

https://www.ibtimes.com/flamboyant-e...meback-2964494
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe