Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2020, 10:49 AM

297 posts, read 177,334 times

Advertisements

What is the likelihood of certain other regions of Ukraine becoming de facto independent states like the Donbass region by the way ?

I suppose this may be a silly question of me to ask , but Hungarian language media still tends to paint the picture of present day Ukraine as being rather unstable , so I'm curious to know if people with more insider knowledge of the country can confirm if the claim of ( say ) renegade military generals taking over certain regions of present day Ukraine is hogwash or not .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2020, 11:26 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anhityk View Post
I also read this thread from time to time. ... And I often get the impression that Ukraina is mentally now quite emancipated from Russia. Ukrainian authorities now seem to have a certitude that they now have a "buckwheat of their own".
We all know what happened in the last 6 years with the rights of people and freedom of speech in the country don't we?

Ukraine does have a "buckwheat of their own" and they will like it. Or else. I think you're all wrong. Ukrainians would rather have anything else but what has been dribbled so miserly into their bowls. If they complain they will have club in back of the head and their faces smashed into the bowl

Old 03-31-2020, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khan Vozdig View Post
What is the likelihood of certain other regions of Ukraine becoming de facto independent states like the Donbass region by the way ?

I suppose this may be a silly question of me to ask , but Hungarian language media still tends to paint the picture of present day Ukraine as being rather unstable , so I'm curious to know if people with more insider knowledge of the country can confirm if the claim of ( say ) renegade military generals taking over certain regions of present day Ukraine is hogwash or not .
I think it's hogwash. Ukrainians are too beaten down and atomized to change their situation. The people are kept with just enough to survive and keep out of total dispair, this is a tactic used by oppressive regimes along with tight control of information to control whole populations. It was invented in the West and has been and still is widely used by the west.
Ukrainians could start fighting but that would be far worse than what they have now.

Old 03-31-2020, 01:36 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,384,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khan Vozdig View Post

Haha, that's a bit funny because here the media is trying to show things the exact opposite.

Quote:
Not that I know this, but I think this possibility cannot be ruled out, because it has to be taken into account how different parts of Ukraine is made up. There is a western part that is Ukrainian-speaking and owns 'Ukrainian identity'. And there is the rest of Ukraine, which is bigger and speaks Russian. Since 2014 the Western Ukrainian mentality is kinda officially the 'mainstream mentality' and thus dominates all over Ukraine. But no one can guarantee that it will remain that way forever. I believe that a large proportion of Ukrainians now live in the hope that, at some point in the future, Ukraine will be admitted to the European Union and with it prosperity and wealth for everyone will be achieved. But if the hopes do not materialize (and Russia makes a better offer) things can change.

Old 03-31-2020, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anhityk View Post
Haha, that's a bit funny because here the media is trying to show things the exact opposite.

Not that I know this, but I think this possibility cannot be ruled out, because it has to be taken into account how different parts of Ukraine is made up. There is a western part that is Ukrainian-speaking and owns 'Ukrainian identity'. And there is the rest of Ukraine, which is bigger and speaks Russian. Since 2014 the Western Ukrainian mentality is kinda officially the 'mainstream mentality' and thus dominates all over Ukraine. But no one can guarantee that it will remain that way forever. I believe that a large proportion of Ukrainians now live in the hope that, at some point in the future, Ukraine will be admitted to the European Union and with it prosperity and wealth for everyone will be achieved. But if the hopes do not materialize (and Russia makes a better offer) things can change.
Reasonable. The problem is though that Avakov and the Nazi ilk along with the other foreign influences present will fight Russia to the last Ukrainian to prevent it first.

Old 03-31-2020, 03:26 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,017,586 times
The EU soon to be a thing from the history books (not that Russia is doing better...) Ukraine should drop the euromaidan thing and maybe look for...Mars.

Old 03-31-2020, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
The EU soon to be a thing from the history books (not that Russia is doing better...) Ukraine should drop the euromaidan thing and maybe look for...Mars.
Don't worry Murika is going to take care of Ukraine. Murika is going to buy Ukraine nice things. Ukraine is going live in a nice apartment on a nice street in a nice neighborhood. Ukraine needs to fill certain obligations though. Ukraine has got to produce, got to produce income.
Ukraine baby, the streets are a tough place. This pimp will take care of all your problems.

Old 04-01-2020, 11:30 PM

750 posts, read 907,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqum View Post
It's so sad that many Ukrainians are mentally blind and trusting their fantasies.
They still don't realize what's going on in their own country but keep pointing their broken finger to the country that could help them. Mass madness at its best.
Ð’lah-blah..
It is so sad that many Russians will not understand what is happening in their country, and with a hunger and ruin, they are trying to steal the territory of Ukraine. But the economy puts everything in its place - russian ruble is heading for the abyss along with the gas-station-country. Although which gas-station? Russia cannot process oil on its own and is now starting to purchase gasoline from Belarus and the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post

Dubinsky is "under investigation in a US court" in your loony bin, where you belong to.

Just because yet another Jewish magnate from Ukraine, (having ties to Firtash) feels very uncomfortable with Dubinsky's investigation, and decided to pull him to American court, accusing D. of "slander" or what's not he-he, doesn't mean D. is guilty of anything, except for his desire to put Poroshenko behind bars for all his crimes.

And *someone, somewhere* is very, very protective of Poroshenko. ( I wonder who and why, another he-he.)

And that's where all these *investigations* of Dubinsky are coming from.

P.S. The irony of it all, is that Dubinsky is actually VERY anti-Russian, and makes no secret out of it.

Yet he still manages to get your panties in a bunch.

With other words, crawl back to your loony bin Wadym)))
Will you teach American court how to act? In fact, an arrest warrant was issued for the pro-Russian propagandist Dubinsky, who is an assistant to that Jewish oligarch.
As I said - you retell the stories of the Kremlin TV, out of stupidity or from your russian essence.

Old 04-02-2020, 12:09 AM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadym View Post

Will you teach American court how to act?

No, just you.
At least learn how to READ before posting.

https://ukrainetoday.org/2020/03/26/...-the-us-court/

https://www.kyivpost.com/ukraine-pol...v-channel.html

Quote:
In fact, an arrest warrant was issued for the pro-Russian propagandist Dubinsky, who is an assistant to that Jewish oligarch.
As I said - you retell the stories of the Kremlin TV, out of stupidity or from your russian essence.

Last edited by erasure; 04-02-2020 at 12:45 AM..

Old 04-02-2020, 03:21 AM

750 posts, read 907,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
No, just you.
I see you want to answer something, but you don’t know what, so you brought in messages confirming my words
I repeat - I am using facts, Dubinsky is a pro-Russian propagandist and assistant to Kolomoisky. Point.

https://youtu.be/QusjEV7pzbQ

Dubinsky was one of the 19 deputies of the presidential faction who betrayed the party and voted against the law banning reprivatization. This is also a fact.
https://bykvu.com/ru/bukvy/kak-golos...mojskij-zakon/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe