Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2020, 05:35 AM

60 posts, read 41,549 times

Advertisements

I just discovered Ukraine has unspoilt, nice sandy beaches. Might consider it for a cheap vacation one day and the local women rival Bulgarian ones.
I think they need to make Odessa the capital, it's further away from Russian influence and it's a port on a sea!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2020, 10:29 AM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gres View Post
I just discovered Ukraine has unspoilt, nice sandy beaches. Might consider it for a cheap vacation one day and the local women rival Bulgarian ones.
I think they need to make Odessa the capital, it's further away from Russian influence and it's a port on a sea!

Odessa is the legacy of the Russian Empire, not some non-existent "Ukrainian state." It's ultimately the Russian speaking city.
This alone worried Ukrainian nazis to no end.
Yesterday Odessa was commemorating the terrible event, when 47 people were burned alive by the Ukrainian nationalists back in 2014.

All sponsored by American money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ptc65P0VcoU

Old 05-03-2020, 05:59 PM

60 posts, read 41,549 times
Before the Russian Empire there was Kievan Rus’

Old 05-03-2020, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Before the Russian Empire there was Kievan Rus’

Yes there was.
Kiev is the first capital of all RUSSIA, not just today's "Ukraine."
The dynasty that ruled RUSSIA until 1610 ( Moscow principality including,) is one and the same that founded Kiev as the first capital of Russia.

The second capital of the same dynasty became the city of Vladimir, then it moved to Moscow.

Here it is for you, to cut the long story short;

"After the Mongols, Vladimir never fully recovered. The most important Ruthenian prince (usually the Prince of Moscow, but sometimes a Tver or another principality) was styled the Grand Prince of Vladimir, but the title had become an honorific symbol of majesty. From 1299 to 1325, the city was seat of the metropolitans of Kiev and All Rus', until Metropolitan Peter moved the See to Moscow in 1325."

Last edited by erasure; 05-03-2020 at 08:10 PM..

Old 05-04-2020, 08:59 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,853,283 times
Quote:
If you are looking for another option in Ukraine for a beach holiday, Zatoka has been getting quite popular with Europeans. Depends on how much "city" you want though.

Old 05-04-2020, 10:15 PM

2,216 posts, read 1,020,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
If you are looking for another option in Ukraine for a beach holiday, Zatoka has been getting quite popular with Europeans. Depends on how much "city" you want though.
Aah! Oh, I can't ! Well, thank you, I laughed ! I mean,who was in the Gulf,he will appreciate the joke. Although Moldova is also a European country. )))

Old 05-05-2020, 12:57 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,853,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
Aah! Oh, I can't ! Well, thank you, I laughed ! I mean,who was in the Gulf,he will appreciate the joke. Although Moldova is also a European country. )))
Times are changing while you Russians cling to the last century.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY3Aj45D1kM

Old 05-05-2020, 01:52 PM

2,216 posts, read 1,020,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Times are changing while you Russians cling to the last century.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY3Aj45D1kM

Everything would be fine, but the bases were built by everyone, and there is no sewer, garbage is not taken out,roads are dead.In the last century, it was just normal, but now it's completely trash. Infections and unsanitary conditions, only prices like in Europe.
https://youtu.be/drPV9xG-TOU

Last edited by Turist; 05-05-2020 at 02:03 PM..

Old 05-05-2020, 02:03 PM

Meanwhile in Ukraine...

It looks like a group of deputies ( namely from "Batkovshina" (Fatherland) party opened a case against Zelensky, deeming the recent "land law" that he pulled through under the pressure of the IMF, deeming it ( and the whole voting process) unconstitutional.

This law gives access to the foreign corporations to buy fertile Ukrainian lands, in exchange for more new loans from IMF.

In other news - the coronavirus quarantine brought more unintended political consequences to Ukraine.
While as corrupt as ever ( backed by American democrats) Zelensky government allows those in power ( and connected to them) run their business - be that big food chain stores or for example an upscaled restaurant owned by one of the deputies, or the pawn shops ( owned by a speaker of Rada,) the rest of small-medium business owners are forced to shut down their business. This hits particularly hard the farmers.

What you see in this video, is their abandoned harvests, since the local markets are shut down, while the chain stores sell all kind of overpriced crap imported from Albania, Turkey, China and so on, of subpar quality comparably to the local produce. The corporate owners make all the money, while your average Ukrainian is forced to starve and to be forced out of business (it's OK though, the foreign masters are waiting for the right moment to step in , and to claim those fertile lands for their corporations.)
The silly, naive Ukrainians who hoped "to feed the whole Europe" while voting for *EU association* now see the real price and nature of this association, forced upon them by the US.

The most devastating results of course come for Eastern Ukrainians, that never participated in that 2014 "revolution" to begin with, and never asked for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Peem859MJtk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe