Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2020, 10:17 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Yes, anti corruption had/has to actually occur in Ukraine in order for the west to give financial support. That's what made European association attractive to Ukrainians. The people didn't want Russian subsidies with no strings attached. That feeds more corruption. Well no more, as poor Kolomoisky learned recently. His hard earned savings. LOLOLOL

I'm hopeful Russians too will someday take their country back.

That this is making Putin mad, confirms to everyone that its the right thing. I'm actually pleasantly surprised at how well Ukraine is progressing on its reforms lately and it puts a smile on my face.

No really, do you guys think Ukrainians are mad that the USA made their government clamp down on corruption?
Yes they ARE mad, but for the opposite reason.
They understand more and more by now, how much corruption Americans added in Ukraine with their meddling, how much they helped to plunder the country and how much poverty and misery they brought, even comparably to previous Russian dominance.

This public admission of Poroshenko that he FORCED his compatriots to pay even 25% more for the energy bills than their new masters demanded, makes them fuming now, because this is one of the major reasons that plunged them in poverty. But there are other, of course.
Then there is that dialog when Biden explains to Poroshenko what he had to do in order to secure that $1 billion loan ( other than firing Shokin.) (Actually it was John Kerry I think that initially demanded the firing ( he is on those tapes too) - his step son was making money in Burisma as well. )
Poroshenko reports back of course that he talked Shokin into resignation, even though he admits that there were no wrongdoings on Shokin's part - no corruption, no any violations of law. So it's official.

And Poroshenko wants that billion real bad, you know why?
Because it goes towards the "defense budget."
The companies that produce "defense goods" are mostly HIS companies, the companies that belong personally to Poroshenko, and Poroshenko is actually making money on that war with Donbass ( he splits profits with certain members of his cabinet.)

So yes, he wants this billion that's going to be invested directly in his own business.

That's just an example. Ukrainians knew about it before ( that's why there were quite few criminal cases opened against Poroshenko, but he has nothing to fear, since he is well-protected by his American masters. That's why he still sits in Ukrainian parliament instead of jail. And he is not alone in that.)

But by now Ukrainians are actually hearing it with their own ears - that it was not just a hear-say thing.

And that's all you need to know about "clamping down on corruption" American style in Ukraine, since Zelensky's government is following the same path.

Not because Ze is so rotten, but he is simply afraid to change anything - afraid of the Nationalists, those very "activists" that still patrol streets of Kiev as before him; the force that assures that IMF orders will be fulfilled.

However - shhh... even this situation is coming to an end I suspect.

Quote:
You clearly lack an understanding of the situation there. Better stick to topics you might understand.

Topics I understand...
hmm..
what that would be?
Oh I know - the HEALTHCARE REFORM implemented by American Democratic forces in Ukraine
Which brings me to the #4 on my list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2020, 10:45 PM

Let me borrow it from the Politics forum.

What you see here, are the direct results of the "Healthcare reforms" implemented by Dr. Death - Ulana Suprun ( yes, she is an American, and yes, these reforms were implemented in accordance with the IMF demands as well.)
When they are saying that "people are getting treatment via the phone" now - they are not kidding.

Because across Ukraine, in rural areas regular hospitals/clinics were closed, and the ambulance service was abolished there too.

Why?

Because in order to be "cost efficient," the reforms "American way" were implying that Ukrainians now had to make it to the remaining hospitals in the region on their own, "as it's done in America."
Except for they don't have cars in Ukraine, and very often - they don't have the roads either.

There are reports that when they CAN find the car, the "emergency trip" takes 2-3 hours to the nearest hospital.

And yes, they die on the way there.

And if you don't like this option, you can always "get treatment over the phone."

But this *successful approach* (along with other cuts in healthcare,) saved the whole bunch of money in the budget if to believe Wikipedia, which can be put now for example towards the payment of the IMF loans. Or for the purchase of medications, made by the transnational corporations.

So nothing personal, just business.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo

P.S. The second part of this wonderful reform was supposed to go through in spite of the current outbreak. ( Ulana dear kept on pushing for it,) but it looks like Zelensky is putting a stop to it, since he apparently ( yet again) is genuinely scared.

Old 05-21-2020, 03:55 PM

OK, so just when I wanted to give an update on growing scandal of re-emerged Biden (Poroshenko) affair and the "tapegate" in Ukraine... (Because it's not just "an attempt to interfere in American election" thing, as American government would love to interpret it, but it's actually an important event in INTERNAL affairs of Ukraine, the official proof that the governing of the country has been submitted under the foreign power.

So the whole Poroshenko camp, that was accusing anyone disagreed with their policies of the "state treason" and "an attempt to submit Ukraine under foreign domination - namely Russia," now ended up in the same pit. This tape was unequivocal proof that Ukraine indeed was not a sovereign state any longer, but a puppet state ruled by the foreign power, and the former president ( Poroshenko) could be charged with the state treason.. ) Well, just when I wanted to proceed with all that - more news came in.

Zelensky had a press-conference on his first year in the office couple of days ago, and one of the questions he was asked there by the journalists of course, was the whole situation in Donbass.

The reason Zelensky was elected in many ways, was precisely because he promised in his election campaign to end the war there, but lately he was avoiding even mentioning this subject.
Meanwhile, the tensions were growing there (starting particularly from the May 1st as "Strana UA" is reporting here.
There are a lot of wounded civilians again ( children including), (observation proved by the OSCE,) and according to DNR, there were 250 cease fire violations lately, from the heavy artillery including.
What they complained few times already in particular, is that Ukrainian troops keep on destroying their electrical grids, and once they send their repair crews to restore the power for the locals, they become the target of Ukrainian troops.

So already during Zelensky press-conference, DNR announced the combat readiness, while the LNR announced the same the previous evening.
On top of that, as the rumor has it, the LNR called the reserves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tB1uwBQ4jBg&t=606s

(I wonder whether this is just a bluff or they plan to advance for real this time around?)

Last edited by erasure; 05-21-2020 at 05:03 PM..

Old 05-21-2020, 08:01 PM

What the heck.
Zelensky opens a criminal case against Poroshenko as in "State treason." ( He HAS to, I suppose after the tapes became public.)

But then he receives the order from US gov. to put a stop to it as unacceptable, since this scandal is "direct interference in US election process."
As in it plays ( again) against Biden's interests and in Trumps' hands.

But Trump doesn't seem to react - (may be he took his Chloroquine and simply doesn't care.)
Poroshenko in his turn announced that it's all the "Hand of Kremlin" - ( naturally, what else?)
Meanwhile, the DNR/LNR leaders officially threatened Kiev ( yes, they sound pretty damn serious,) and Moscow confirms it.

Pasechnik's ultimatum ( from LNR) sounds particularly stern here.

He is basically saying, addressing Zelensky personally "Either you will put an end to this crap, or we will move our troops BEYOND the present line ( to protect the electric grids, to protect civilians and so on.)
Zelensky ( as if he didn't have enough of the "tapegate") is urgently calling the "Minsk group" - Merkel, Macron, Putin and who else is on the list.
Because he simply CAN'T stop this crap, since the Nationalists who are in charge of the front lines, won't let him. ( Plus he doesn't have Chloroquine.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XK7-fuiXvPw

There is more to come I guess, so stay tuned for the next episode.

Last edited by erasure; 05-21-2020 at 09:16 PM..

Old 05-21-2020, 09:03 PM

P.S. Saakashvili, as enthusiastic as he is about the reforms, is talking about dropping the IMF loans. ( Now THAT'S a surprise.)
So in fact, instead of supporting the "Soros team," he is actually siding with the likes of Kolomoysky ( who is hated by the West) and Dubinsky, (who is hated by everyone else in power it seems, ) but is gaining popularity among the *masses.*
Dubinsky is staunchly anti-Putin/anti-Russian though, and what's even more interesting, he is joining forces with Sharij who has 2,34 million subscribers by now, and is invited more and more often to participate in mainstream Ukrainian TV shows from wherever he is ( somewhere in EU from what I know.)
Couple of other things to add; during his last press-conference Zelensky has been asked two very uncomfortable questions;

Number one - "Do you think knowing everything they know about you and your presidency by now, the same amount of 73% of Ukrainians would still have have voted for you,"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHV627Ou--g

and the second question came from one of the hosts of Ukrainian TV channels, Maxim Nazarov; (17:28) "Vladimir Aleksandrovich - I am a native Russian speaker, but I can't broadcast on my channel in Russian; our channel will be fined."
Zelensky ( switching to Russian) "Of course you can, the language problem doesn't exist in our country, and I am sure you can host your show in any language you like."
Nazarov: "No I am not allowed to. As in at all. Our channel will be fined under the current laws."
Zelensky: "Umm.. hmm.. it must be only a matter of quotas, so if you want to argue how just they are..
And overall, think about it - isn't it great to speak Ukrainian?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tf4j41sVtBY

Someone mentioned on-line that Zelensky got the same bags under his eyes as Poroshenko now.
Overall I have to agree he looks at least five years older comparably to last May.

And it's only the first year of his presidency)))

Last edited by erasure; 05-21-2020 at 09:19 PM..

Old 05-23-2020, 03:17 AM

4,692 posts, read 1,165,624 times
https://youtu.be/aWC0e-0M6-c

Old 05-24-2020, 06:19 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times
Something about a bombing in Kiev outside Victor Medvedchuks office? And another politician got a bullet in his head?

Old 05-24-2020, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Something about a bombing in Kiev outside Victor Medvedchuks office? And another politician got a bullet in his head?

Ah yeah...
They were holding the rally "Stop Revanchism" across Ukraine yesterday against Zelensky.

The National Corpus ( Azov et al) and the rest of "Ukrainian patriots."

As the word has it, Poroshenko is trying to regain his power.
But the funds are running dry, so definitely much less people showed up than usual.
(No matter how much Zelensky is trying to bend over for these people, it's obviously not good enough.
Yet at the same time, trying to please THAT crowd, he is losing the support in the Eastern part of the country that voted him in.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJ71vDmLUnM

Old 05-24-2020, 08:02 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times
So the people demonstrating basically want the war to stop and the knuckle dragging Nazis to go away, do i have that right?

Old 05-24-2020, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
So the people demonstrating basically want the war to stop and the knuckle dragging Nazis to go away, do i have that right?

No, these people demonstrating ARE Azov corp and such (those supporting the Nazi.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe