Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2019, 12:56 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
One way or the other please, you can't fool all the people all the time, as the proverb has it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1DcWw9geig

Looks to me like politics in Ukraine has changed but little else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2019, 01:54 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Cross-bearing procession in Kiev took place yesterday, celebrating the 10031st (?) Anniversary of Christianization of Russia.
Since I didn't quite follow the whole story behind the schisms of different nominations of Ukrainian church recently, from what I understand, the procession had to be divided into three different parts, taking place at different times.
And from what I understand, in spite of political involvement of Americans and their desire to finish off the Ukrainian Orthodox Church that originally belong to Moscow Patriarchat, that one only grew stronger, with departure of Poroshenko (being the main tool of American will.) ( NOT a good idea for politicians to get involved into Church's affairs - IMHO of course.)

Impressive 300,000 people took part in its procession this year, coming from different parishes of Orthodox Ukraine.

( from 0:27)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXLO73yPmFc&t=141s

Very good pictures here too...

Last edited by erasure; 07-28-2019 at 02:50 PM..

Old 07-28-2019, 09:07 PM

1,348 posts, read 625,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Cross-bearing procession in Kiev took place yesterday, celebrating the 10031st (?) Anniversary of Christianization of Russia.
1031st Anniversary of Christianization of Russia.
Knyaz Vladimir baptised Russia in 988 ad.

Old 07-29-2019, 01:51 AM

4,692 posts, read 1,165,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimogor View Post
1031st Anniversary of Christianization of Russia.
Knyaz Vladimir baptised Russia in 988 ad.
I see fewer and fewer people in churches in Ukraine. I do not believe that there were 300,000 people. I think in Ukraine will soon be 75 percent of atheists like in the Czech Republic.

Old 07-29-2019, 09:57 AM

I turn on the Russian news, and what do I see first thing?

Zelensky with his "head of administration" are sent to Odessa, to take sun tan on a beach, while NATO man Volker ( and his team) are heading to Donbass themselves to the front line, to talk about the "Russian aggression" to Ukrainian troops.
No more pretenses I guess, Zelensky the president is not needed any longer, and nor are his services in this case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsTEGdlcqEU

Old 07-29-2019, 11:57 AM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,858,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
I turn on the Russian news, and what do I see first thing?

Zelensky with his "head of administration" are sent to Odessa, to take sun tan on a beach, while NATO man Volker ( and his team) are heading to Donbass themselves to the front line, to talk about the "Russian aggression" to Ukrainian troops.
No more pretenses I guess, Zelensky the president is not needed any longer, and nor are his services in this case.
Oh my God, the president took a day off to relax last weekend! Its really sad to see how obsessed Russia is with Ukraine and trying so hard to make Ze fail in his endeavor to fix the system he was just elected to fix. Maybe he should be a real man and get into a fake submarine while his guardsmen beat up youth in the capitol.

Volker, who you recently said is no longer involved, finally visited the front lines in Luhansk to discuss the ceasefire and well, his job is actually to help stop the conflict so imagine that, what a crazy idea for him to go there.

Last edited by DKM; 07-29-2019 at 12:19 PM..

Old 07-29-2019, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Oh my God, the president took a day off to relax last weekend!

... Volker, who you recently said is no longer involved, finally visited the front lines in Luhansk to discuss the ceasefire and well, his job is actually to help stop the conflict so imagine that, what a crazy idea for him to go there.

Uh, I never said that "Volker is no longer involved," just that Ukraine has a new overseer, but that doesn't mean that Volker left the scene all together as we can see.
That's number one, and number two - correct me if I am wrong, but Zelensky ( being a president of the country) is a commander in chief of his army, is he not?
And if this is the case, why is he "taking a day off," while some foreigner is going to the front lines to address his troops?

Don't you think that's a bit... ermm... strange?
And the last but not least - in what capacity Volker goes to "to discuss ceasefire" - is Ukraine a member of NATO, or is he a part of a peace corps?

Quote:
Its really sad to see how obsessed Russia is with Ukraine and trying so hard to make Ze fail in his endeavor to fix the system he was just elected to fix. Maybe he should be a real man and get into a fake submarine while his guardsmen beat up youth in the capitol.

This sounds so cute, so innocent ( yet again,) but Russia is not exactly "obsessed with Ukraine," but Russians are closely watching what's going on on their border, and what kind of policies Ze pursues towards Russia. They don't seem to be giving a flying hoot beyond that.

And what they see so far leaves them with a lot of questions.
Number one - the shelling in Donbass intensified during/after Zelensky inauguration, which leaves them with question - can he handle the nationalists at all? ( So far few civilians are already killed on HIS watch.)
And number two - the recent ( bizarre) seizure of a Russian tanker that came to Ukrainian port for repairs, (the seizure that was cheered by Americans) - did Ze have any part in it, or what was the deal?

That's what they are interested in, plus the gas pipe - the conversation that pops up from time to time of course.

However Donbass seems to be the most pressing matter for now, as I've already mentioned before.

Old 07-30-2019, 12:13 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,858,538 times
You either don't know what's going on or your being deliberately misinformed. Sorry, but its not hard to look up what Volker's job is. He represents the US government in helping negotiate peace in Ukraine (per Ukraine's request). I suppose that's why you throw shade at him, since peace doesn't serve Russian interests. Instead of listening to what he's saying, you are trying to present his actions as something other than what they are (example: he wasn't in Donbas to address troops). The only motivation I can think of for doing that is you're also against peace since peace would allow the east of Ukraine to grow like the rest of the country is.

Old 07-30-2019, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
You either don't know what's going on or your being deliberately misinformed. Sorry, but its not hard to look up what Volker's job is. He represents the US government in helping negotiate peace in Ukraine (per Ukraine's request).

Oh so it's not Mr. Volker shaking hands with Ukrainian troops while Ukrainian commander-in-chief is "taking a day off" on the seashore?)))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uITOkDenxc

Yeah-yeah-yeah, I can listen to "what he is saying" or to what you are saying, or I can connect the dots between this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WV9J6sxCs5k&t=194s

and this latest visit of Volker to Ukrainian troops foregoing the Ukrainian government already all together.

Quote:
I suppose that's why you throw shade at him, since peace doesn't serve Russian interests. Instead of listening to what he's saying, you are trying to present his actions as something other than what they are (example: he wasn't in Donbas to address troops). The only motivation I can think of for doing that is you're also against peace since peace would allow the east of Ukraine to grow like the rest of the country is.
Who told you that "peace doesn't serve Russian interests?"

Of course it DOES, just on THEIR terms, not on American ones.

And as far as my personal opinion goes, I already expressed it many times, that Putin should have taken over the South-Eastern part of the so-called "Ukrainian state" long time ago, simultaneously with Crimea.

People make mistakes sometimes, (politicians including,) but this was not just a "mistake" - it was a betrayal of people who trusted him, and because of this betrayal, he is bound to lose everything at the end.

P.S. Ukraine is not "growing" - far away from it; if anything, it's shrinking in each and every aspect of it, be that economy or territories, and particularly - population.

But keep on repeating your mantra - that's the way you've been taught I suppose.

Old 07-30-2019, 10:13 PM

...and now - as I've promised, specially for Ukrainians here.
Let's begin with that "crash course on economics" the Harvard way, that DKM mentioned earlier.
Listen closely to what's going on on that front ( keeping in mind that our dear singer Slava Vakarchuk is on the board of directors of this "Kievan school of economy" - a person who couldn't even answer what's the current price on gas during political debates - yeah, that Slava Vakarchuk.
Pay close attention that this "Kievan school of economy" is a fore-post of American "liberal thought on economy," that pushes the same lines in health care ( i.e. reforms orchestrated by Suprun) the gas tariffs, IMF demands and so on.
With other words, the new deputies (many of them are total newbies in economy as much as in politics) are going to be programmed now to follow the same path as Ukraine was following under Poroshenko.
(Pay attention as well at the plans of the drastic reduction of free education for Ukrainians promoted by S. Babak.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OClgI5R9g_U

Then pay attention at this particular nomination behind the scene and what Dubinsky has to say about it;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1eW-yWYH78

( I am aware that S. Dubinsky has tough anti-Russian stance, but he a great investigative journalist and I am willing to get information from different sources, as long as people make sense.)

This is on backpedaling of Zelensky's team, coming from his supporter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgYPIj7yTrg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe