Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2019, 08:41 PM

26,788 posts, read 22,556,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
Priceless comedy..please keep them coming...

I hope "truth" DKM's way didn't hurt you too much, because here comes the next blow: ( I hope you won't die laughing)

So this new party created by Zelensky ( or rather those 240 deputies of it, that received their place in Ukrainian parliament,) all these actors, photographers and what's not, are given a crash course, whereas in a week they have to learn how to be politicians and how to vote. ( Courtesy of the Harvard school and "Kiev's academy of economy" or whatever it's called.)
At that, Zelensky' advisor ( Nikita Poturaev) already told to all these people that "you are nobody, your job is to keep your mouth shut and to learn how to vote as one unified block.")

And this is not the ONLY advise he is famous for already;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNfLVm2P7Tw
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2019, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Good for him to watch what the government is doing especially if he has followers. I can't think of any reasons why the ruling party should recognize a new party out of many that won zero seats? Seems like you are disappointed in the results. I'm glad to see interest there though. He seems to be entertaining and I agree with him on many things I've seen so far. His involvement in politics is zero though.

How could they win any seats, when their party popped out of a thin air the last moment, off the Youtube, literally, and with practically no financing, no air time ( and thus no ability to reach the general population, rural population in particular,) still managed to get 3% of voters, thus passing threshold of the governmental financial support?
Of course the TV crews were very much aware of the existence of this party, after their mass rallies in different cities, but chose not to talk about it, even for 5 minutes.

I already explained the reasons behind it, and it's not about my "disappointment" ( I still don't know what does Sharij hope to achieve exactly,) I am simply pointing at the next potential stage of the internal conflict in Ukraine.

Old 07-31-2019, 09:08 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,860,522 times
The KSE is a business school that follow Western standards in partnership with the UofHouston offering American accredited MBA's taught in English. It's enough to make Lenin's corpse turn in his glass box! Imagine the poison they must be learning!

Its 254 deputies. They are his party but they can still disagree with their president. This is how politics actually work in that civilized world to the West that you seem to be afraid of. Next we will hear all about how they haven't achieved anything (since they won't be in session until September you can harp on this for a whole month).

I have more bad news, Bulgaria went ahead with their F-16 purchase.

Old 07-31-2019, 09:14 PM
DKM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
How could they win any seats, when their party popped out of a thin air the last moment, ...

... I am simply pointing at the next potential stage of the internal conflict in Ukraine.
Wasn't Servant of the People Party popped out of thin air at the last moment too? For that matter, Voice/Golos?

What conflict would that be? The desire of some people to restore Russian style kleptocracy? Gas subsides to make Oligarchs rich? Restoration of riot police with authority to mow down protesters with AK's? Anyone can have all of that without conflict... simply take a suitcase to Donestk!

Old 07-31-2019, 09:19 PM

Quote:
The KSE is a business school that follow Western standards in partnership with the UofHouston offering American accredited MBA's taught in English. It's enough to make Lenin's corpse turn in his glass box! Imagine the poison they must be learning!

Its 254 deputies. They are his party but they can still disagree with their president. This is how politics actually work in that civilized world to the West that you seem to be afraid of. Next we will hear all about how they haven't achieved anything (since they won't be in session until September you can harp on this for a whole month).

I have more bad news, Bulgaria went ahead with their F-16 purchase.

As long as they can understand ANYTHING in politics or economy, before "disagreeing with their president,"

I don't care about their exact numbers.

But I hear some reports about their level of "preparedness" for such debates, and it doesn't sound too promising I tell ya...

Old 07-31-2019, 10:50 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,303,529 times
Quote:
Dismiss facts as comedy because while Russian living standards are falling and Ukraine's are rising. The truth hurts doesn't it? Putin desperately seeks to keep Russia's youth believing that democracy leads to ruin yet showcasing Ukraine as a failure gets harder each year. Even the currency has been gaining.

Ahahahah...I'm pretty sure before long Russians will line up to migrate to Ukraine.....again, thanks for the good laugh!!!

Old 07-31-2019, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Wasn't Servant of the People Party popped out of thin air at the last moment too? For that matter, Voice/Golos?

What conflict would that be? The desire of some people to restore Russian style kleptocracy? Gas subsides to make Oligarchs rich? Restoration of riot police with authority to mow down protesters with AK's? Anyone can have all of that without conflict... simply take a suitcase to Donestk!
No, not at all.

"People of the Servant" party = Zelensky.
Zelensky was on TV for YEARS, both with his political "Quartal 95" show, and in particular - with his "Servant of the People" TV series.
If not for this constant exposure, he wouldn't have a chance for the kind of political role he has got today.
Same with "Golos."
"Golos" party = Vakarchuk.
Vakarchuk had exposure big time through media FOR years as well.

While Shaij had nothing but Youtube.

As for the next potential conflict - I'll repeat for you again, since you pretend to not to understand it;

"Zelenskiy won the presidency with 73% of the vote and his party won a 43% vote share last week, but “Zelenskiy in two or three years’ time ... will have a rating of 8-10% , not 73 or 43 or even 20,” Bobyrenko said....

Bobyrenko said Zelenskiy will face the same conundrums as his predecessors. Many voters expect Zelenskiy to sharply cut their household heating bills and raise their wages and pensions, he said. Such largesse would likely run counter to Ukraine’s reform commitments to foreign donors."

Old 07-31-2019, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Dismiss facts as comedy because while Russian living standards are falling and Ukraine's are rising. The truth hurts doesn't it? Putin desperately seeks to keep Russia's youth believing that democracy leads to ruin yet showcasing Ukraine as a failure gets harder each year. Even the currency has been gaining.

What now?

You really live in some parallel reality.
Showcasing Ukraine in Russia as a failure gets easier every year.

As much as Russians notice their worsening economy, they look at Ukrainian non-stop political circus, the hardship Ukrainians are going through, their workers arriving to Russia in search of jobs, visibly impoverished Kiev vs booming Moscow, and yeah... it's getting much easier for Putin's propaganda machine to point at Ukraine as a warning against any kind of internal strife.

Old 08-01-2019, 12:17 PM
DKM

Quote:

As for the next potential conflict - I'll repeat for you again, since you pretend to not to understand it;

"Zelenskiy won the presidency with 73% of the vote and his party won a 43% vote share last week, but “Zelenskiy in two or three years’ time ... will have a rating of 8-10% , not 73 or 43 or even 20,” Bobyrenko said....

Bobyrenko said Zelenskiy will face the same conundrums as his predecessors. Many voters expect Zelenskiy to sharply cut their household heating bills and raise their wages and pensions, he said. Such largesse would likely run counter to Ukraine’s reform commitments to foreign donors."
So this Bobyrenko can forsee the future? I'm supposed to take his opinion as fact or what? Voters expect him to do what he said he would do, and he didn't say he will "sharply cut their heating bills". Only Russia can subsidize Ukraine's gas and its not happening so bringing it up is pointless (but does coincide with Putin's eastern oligarchs talking points)

Old 08-01-2019, 12:37 PM
DKM

Quote:
What now?

You really live in some parallel reality.
Showcasing Ukraine in Russia as a failure gets easier every year.

As much as Russians notice their worsening economy, they look at Ukrainian non-stop political circus, the hardship Ukrainians are going through, their workers arriving to Russia in search of jobs, visibly impoverished Kiev vs booming Moscow, and yeah... it's getting much easier for Putin's propaganda machine to point at Ukraine as a warning against any kind of internal strife.
visibly impoverished Kiev like this?

https://www.google.com/maps/@50.5033...!7i8000!8i4000

https://www.google.com/maps/@50.4083...!7i8000!8i4000

https://www.google.com/maps/@50.3961...!7i8000!8i4000

https://www.google.com/maps/@50.4807...!7i8000!8i4000

https://www.google.com/maps/@50.4195...!7i8000!8i4000

Just an example of things done lately in Kiev. Still a longggg ways to do but moving in the right direction. Sure they don't have oil to sell to the West to build projects like Moscow is getting, but the picture of worsening Ukraine isn't reality in the past 3 years and the difference will really be noticeable after Ze's reforms kick in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe