Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2019, 06:44 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,858,538 times

Advertisements

That's a bit more reasonable.

Yes there are some inefficient industries that need gas subsidies to keep running. Looks like those days are over for good though. I'm all for Luhansk and eastern Donetsk Oblast joining Russia so don't expect me to be angry about their voting patterns.

You have to admit, its clearly a free election if they allow Boiko to run and win some regions. He won't be winning on April 21 though. I think Ze carries those areas. He is staying deliberately quiet about his details and I'm hopeful that it means he will negotiate a settlement to all this which Poroshenko was too proud to budge on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2019, 08:18 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
That's a bit more reasonable.

Yes there are some inefficient industries that need gas subsidies to keep running. Looks like those days are over for good though.

Uhm. That's what I see in perspective, just in a different light comparably to you.

Eastern Ukrainians are up for a rude awakening after voting for Zelensky, sort of like Russians were, after they freely voted for Yeltsin and "friendship with the West."
That's what happened to them, with "inefficient industries" ( from the IMF point of view) being shut down and millions of people being thrown out on the streets, with nowhere to go.

And that's what brought Putin in power after all, and that's why Russians were voting ( freely as well) and unanimously for him. Which was only all too predictable.

And with Putin in power, Americans won't be able to implement step two - Brzezinski doctrine in Ukraine; things are getting too tense, too risky.

Quote:
I'm all for Luhansk and eastern Donetsk Oblast joining Russia so don't expect me to be angry about their voting patterns.
It's not about "Lugansk and Donetsk" regions - they are blue collar regions and their mindset is obvious.

It's the OTHER PARTS of the industrial base, next to Donbass/Lugansk - i.e. Kharkov, Zaporoghie, Dnepropetrovsk, that I am pointing at. And what is about to happen to THEM. ( Unless, of course, Zelensky will have enough of honesty in him to come forward and lay the cards out on the table for everyone to see. What exactly IMF wants to accomplish there.)

He is after all from the East of country and made his money on his Russian-speaking audience. This Russian-speaking audience is watching what's happening in Russia closely too; they are aware of Putin's right-wing policies and the latest increase in pension age. They don't need all that, with their lives being miserable under Poroshenko as it already is. So although judging by the previous map I pointed you at, they understand the need for Russian gas ( and hence - previous voices given to Boiko,) at the end they went with Zelensky.

Quote:
You have to admit, its clearly a free election if they allow Boiko to run and win some regions. He won't be winning on April 21 though. I think Ze carries those areas. He is staying deliberately quiet about his details and I'm hopeful that it means he will negotiate a settlement to all this which Poroshenko was too proud to budge on.
I never said that these elections were NOT free.

The discontent with the current American puppets is too high for the nationalists to keep the lid on situation.

P.S. All I can add to the said above when it comes to Zelensky yet again - you go girl
and see what will come out of it all...

Last edited by erasure; 04-07-2019 at 09:01 PM..

Old 04-12-2019, 09:35 PM

OK, few updates on Ukraine; ( there are too many details here, so I'll try to keep track only of the most important points;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtqI...TIm3SY&index=9

1. Here she is talking about Americans, who first came up with the usual "we will work with any president of Ukraine," but lately Volker ( according to "StranaUA" "changed the tone of his voice, and said that "Ukrainians are better off choosing the leader with a proven record of standing up to Russia." When asked to verify, he responded "yes, we mean Poroshenko."

Zelensky on another hand first of all wants to resolve the situation in Donbass, by upholding the negotiations in the Minsk format, but adding there the US and Great Britain.
He wants to negotiate with Putin directly, excluding the DNR/LNR representatives all together, denying the autonomy of Donbass ( which is one of the Russian conditions,) and wants to start paying pensions to Donbass ppl, since they are "Ukrainians like us, who have been brainwashed."
In any case, (according to O. - the anchorwoman here,) Zelensky is not planning to go to war with Russia, and "probably not interested in sending Ukrainian ships to Azov sea accompanied by US/British military."
Which, ( as rumor has it,) some hawks in America are planning to do, trying to get a "coalition of the willing" to ensure "freedom of navigation". ( Yes Scrat, she is talking about it too.)
Poroshenko ( if re-elected) would serve the purpose much better ( than Zelensky, who voyaged recently to Paris, to meet with E. Macron instead.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjaLryS7f40

2. Here she analyzes the 10 first steps of Zelensky that he is planning to take in the role of president.
Will not go through all of them, but underline couple of the most important ones;
a. As I've mentioned earlier, to invite USA/Great Britain in "Minsk format" to negotiate with Putin directly, while removing Medvedchuk (Boiko's partner with whom he traveled recently to Moscow) from the process.
No "direct negotiations with the "separatists." The idea of Donbass autonomy that Medvedchuk is insisting on, is "unacceptable."

b. Creation of court, overseeing the punishment of corrupt officials with participation of the "western partners." The West wants to create the control instrument over Ukrainian elite. That's why during the selection of judges the "international experts will be invited." ( Keep this in mind, because in connection with this I find the next point "C" to be very peculiar.)

c. Zelensky would like to implement the 5% tax amnesty from 2020, which would help to bring the business that work off the books out in the open, legalize the shadow economy and cash. He wants to introduce the tax on the capital moved out of Ukraine, while removing the tax on capital invested directly in Ukrainian economy. The IMF is AGAINST both of these ideas.

d. Chair of the Attorney General will be offered to a foreigner ( an American or Romanian, famous for the "battle with corruption.")
e. To use the "secret plan" if cooperation with the state deputies will not work out ( we are talking about the possible dissolution of Ukrainian Rada, which leaves the whole array of questions.)

Last edited by erasure; 04-12-2019 at 11:05 PM..

Old 04-12-2019, 09:59 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPjt...Im3SY&index=10

A lot of detailed dirt on Joe Biden.
I mean A LOT.

( Earlier I saw another clip where she reported that Ukrainian prosecutors were trying to deliver the findings to American ambassadors in Kiev, ( both to Payette and the current one - Marie Yovanovitch, but their attempts were basically shut down.)

Old 04-13-2019, 05:19 AM

4,692 posts, read 1,165,924 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HcjlKot0aw

Old 04-13-2019, 12:37 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times
When it comes to any provocations in the Sea of Azov the world pretty much knows that provocations is all they will be. To date authorized shipping going to and from all ports in the sea of Azov have been unhindered so long as they follow the guide lines with the exception of the incident (provocation) by Ukraine in November 2018.

I can see the US and a few lapdogs such as Britain trying to do a stunt. A few people I have read say it's very likely this year. It would be really funny to see a small fleet of warships sitting on the south side of the Kerch Strait bridge unable to pass because the Russians have parked a bulk carrier across the passage under the bridge. Commerce is free to pass, warships are another story and I certainly would not allow foreign warships into the Sea Of Azov myself were I in charge.

Russia needs to stand up for itself and show a fading US and it's flunkys their proper place.

Old 04-13-2019, 02:09 PM
DKM

Ze has his own plan and is sharing it. I would rather believe him than what some hopeful people say he will do.

Old 04-13-2019, 02:16 PM
DKM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
To date authorized shipping going to and from all ports in the sea of Azov have been unhindered so long as they follow the guide lines with the exception of the incident (provocation) by Ukraine in November 2018.

Commerce is free to pass, warships are another story and I certainly would not allow foreign warships into the Sea Of Azov myself were I in charge.
Yeah but this isn't true. They stop every ship heading for Ukraine and keep them from going to the port for days sometimes weeks. That isn't free or unhindered passage. They are empty cargo ships from all sorts of countries just coming to pick up goods and ship them out. This has caused a 30% reduction in goods shipped from Berdayinsk and Mariupol ports. It has also caused a nearly the same increase in goods shipped out from Kherson and Nikolaev. It costs Ukraine's Donbas economy and ads a bit to the price of exports. I guess Russia wants those people to be mad at the president by harming them and blaming "Kiev" and the EU. Over time this will lead to the further de-industrialization of the Donbas and more workers will migrate away from the region.

The rest of your post is pure speculation.

Old 04-13-2019, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Solano View Post

Alec...
From the look of it, Zelensky is more and more turning into "Poroshenko lite."

If this is what it is, that's more bad news for Ukraine.
I see that according to this poll, 41% of Ze voters actually didn't vote so much for him, but "against Poroshenko." (In fact you yourself might be one of these people.)
And these leaves a lot of potential open-ended questions.
Number one - Ze's "change of tune" when it comes to IMF. ( This whole reluctance of IMF to put a stop on export of capital out of Ukraine is a big red flag in my eyes.)
Number two - the whole "let's tell Donbass that they are "Ukrainians like us," after Donbass has been bombed and so many people/children have been killed there, how realistic does it sound?
It's obvious that Donbass didn't want to vote for Ze EVEN if they wanted to "vote against Poroshenko."

As I've said before and will repeat it again, Donbass is a blue collar region and they have the mind of their own, that's why they voted for someone else, namely - Boiko.

But while the picture is pretty obvious there, I keep on pointing to the regions NEXT to Donbass, that leave me with a big question mark.

I don't know much about Boiko or what he really stands for (I just made a few guesses,) and I paid even less attention to some Vilkul/Muraev, who were trailing behind in election charts. (I remember O. in "Strana UA" made a detailed analysis of why Vilkul ( to whom Muraev gave his solid 5% of votes) got even less combined.

I have no patience for getting into intricate details of Ukrainian politics to figure out "which oligarch stands behind whom" (the whole mysterious "Akhmetov" shadow cuts my span of attention short.)
But probably by not looking into it, I contradicted myself, while pointing at the "other part of industrial base" next to Donbass - i.e. Kharkov/Dnepropetrovsk/Zaporozhie regions, as the next possible location of the major dissent.
After all, as I discern between the "blue collar" Donbass and "white collar" Kharkov, I probably should have discerned between someone like Boiko/Medvedchuk and Vilkul/Muraev.

Then I wouldn't be so shocked while discovering Muraev on Youtube and listening to him.
I mean I WAS shocked, because for the first time I actually heard the true, serious POLITICIAN in Ukraine.
I like Oleg Tzarev for what he is - for his ability to analyze, for his convictions, but this guy (Muraviev) is downright a firebrand, a politician that actually RUSSIA needs - he is of that caliber.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noHclgu8ZO0

I don't understand how he deals here with bleating idiots from Western Ukraine during "debates" because they are definitely not "politicians."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCtYqK7C4oo

On the opposite end, from the Eastern side, hailing from Donbass region - Mozgovoy ( RIP) Dremov ( RIP) Zakharchenko (RIP) - as strong and charismatic as these people were, ( unlike their Western counterparts,) they were not politicians in the true meaning of this word as well.

But Muraev - just wow. I mean you might agree or disagree with his views, but this IS a politician.

Old 04-13-2019, 05:02 PM

4,692 posts, read 1,165,924 times
As I've said before and will repeat it again, Donbass is a blue collar region and they have the mind of their
Quote:
own, that's why they voted for someone else, namely - Boiko.
Never mind. Its just zombies (55+ y o)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe