Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2019, 04:16 PM

5,699 posts, read 4,925,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
The political forces that put a president into their position is the will of the people. Poor brainwashed soviets. I was hoping Russia would overcome this legacy but I see little hope in this generation.
It’s not that simple though. If the west was like Ukraine then Trump would’ve been thrown out with the “not my president” movement, and then the Russia gate conspiracy afterward. Macron would also be thrown out by the yellow vest movement. And there are many other people who are unhappy with the leadership of Angela Merkel and Theresa May. Yet all these leaders still hold power no matter how much people protest. All they can do legally is wait for the next election cycle. And frankly I’m happy that we don’t have the power to overthrow our leaders willy-nilly. There have to be rules and standards otherwise you just get chaos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2019, 08:47 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Mostly only old people stayed in Luhansk and Donetsk regions.

Lugansk and Donetsk don't participate in elections AT ALL. ( Hint - those gray areas on the map, along with Crimea.)

Are you clueless?

Yes you are.

Quote:
The younger people who can get jobs moved west to the jobs, mostly Kiev but other areas too. There is very little "industry" in the Boiko areas except Mariupol. Educated people don't work in coal mines, they work in IT and that's more and more in the western side of the country. Anyway you look at it, the elderly were the ones who voted for the guy as the stats back that up. Yes he promised them cheap gas and higher pensions but that trick doesn't work on the educated and younger people. There is no future in Donbas, Russia permanently ended industry there yet you want to blame the IMF. It would be funny but I feel sorry for Eastern Ukrainians having their lives ruined to protect Putin from "democracy".

"Coal mines" - that's Donetsk region, not Dnepropetrovsk and Kharkov that have those blue pockets.

This is Dnepropetrovsk and Kharkov regions for you; you are clearly not familiar with the country as you pretend to; all you know is your own propaganda.

"Dnipropetrovsk Oblast (Ukrainian: Дніпропетро́вська о́бласть, Dnipropetrovs'ka oblast or Дніпропетровщина, Dnipropetrovshchyna), is an oblast (province) of central Ukraine, the most important industrial region of the country. It was created on February 27, 1932."

The Kharkiv oblast has a primarily industrially based economy, including engineering, metallurgy, manufacturing, production of chemicals and food processing. It also has an important agricultural sector with 19,000 square kilometres of arable land (comprising 5.9% of the total arable lands of Ukraine). Agricultural production grew substantially in 2015.[5]
Also in Kharkiv is the Airplane plant for space controlling systems. It is a major center for all branches of engineering, from large-scale manufacture to microelectronics."

And then I can see that this blue pocket goes all the way down to Zaporozhie region, home to the Zaporozhstal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3wCFHQPJPc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nExV7dnHzw

The Sumy region up high ( that was voting blue for Boiko,) obviously is industrial region as well; ( I checked on it.)

"The main industrial activities of the oblast are: chemical mechanical engineering, pumping and energy mechanical engineering, agricultural machine-construction, instrument-making industry and radio electronics, technical equipment production for processing fields of agro-industrial complexes, mining and iron ore production industry, polygraph industry and medicine production, oil and gas processing, chemical production, film and photo material production (See: Svema), and chemical fertilizer production. In general, there are 273 large industry enterprises and 327 small industry enterprises."

As I've said, these are Russian-speaking, most developed and educated parts of Ukraine, the industrial heartland of Ukraine; engineers, technicians, professional workers.

That the likes of you would love to send to harvest strawberries in EU, or "join the IT industry."

DKM, seriously, if your job has ANYTHING to do with Ukraine, you need to be fired as of tomorrow.

You can't even read such simple thing as political map of Ukraine)))

Quote:
The small "Poroshenko" pocket is simply where an army base lies so they voted more for their commander in chief than others. Its the 53rd mechanized Brigade there, not nazis but killing separatists is their job so I can see why you want to call them that.
Yes, the army AND the nazi battalions as well. I am glad that you understand the appearance of the "red pocket" on the border with Donetsk at least, and not talking about the "young and energetic entrepreneurs from IT sector that moved there."
Thanks lord at least for that.

Old 04-06-2019, 09:19 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,812,184 times
Quote:
You quoted my post and ignored the part where the president gets tossed out if they go against what they campaigned on. Ze will get tossed if he turns around and does the opposite of what he's being elected for. Sorry but that's what Yanukovych got. He made it worse for responding to protests of his change by beating up the kids doing the protesting.
Name one US president that fulfilled every campaign promise. None of them do, none of them ever have. Trump even to this day has not, Obama did not. And you know what happens? We wait for a vote, not use force.

Quote:
This isn't Russia, Ukrainian people have the choice in their own course now. Oh I know how much this drives Putin crazy. The apparent interest in Ukraine on this thread is evidence of that. A successful election of a Russian speaking opponent to the incumbent who STILL WANTS to join the EU is a 100% disaster for Putin. The other half of Ukraine woke up to who their real friends are (its not from the east). I think he has no choice but to obscure this reality.
Ukraine has always had a choice, they chose anti-democratic methods, which has gotten them the issues they have now. They could have just waited five months for the election, but, they would have lost the election, thus they used force.

Also, about everyone speaks Russian there, so not understanding your comment about a Russian speaking candidate.

The Donbass part woke up and understood the candidate they voted for was ousted by force, meaning their vote does not count and never will, so no reason to stay with Ukraine, that is being "woke up".

Old 04-06-2019, 11:16 PM

Quote:
He didn't implement the association agreement. According to the EU, only 24% was implemented since signing the deal in 2014. That's why he's getting tossed out. He never actually put into action the terms of the EU agreement. Now he's talking like he will, but its too late. There is nothing naive about improvement in living standards if you implement the EU institutions and rules. There is a reason why the Europeans are so rich compared to Russians...

Right.
And that's why Poroshenko is staunchly supported by the most "pro-European" part of the country, by the Western Ukrainians.
Exactly because he "didn't implement the association agreement."

Old 04-07-2019, 05:19 AM

1,415 posts, read 1,094,189 times
Russia should just give West Bryansk oblast to Ukraine to say sorry, we're still bros.

Old 04-07-2019, 09:06 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,812,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nedergras View Post
Russia should just give West Bryansk oblast to Ukraine to say sorry, we're still bros.
Of all things that make no sense, this does not make sense the most.

Old 04-07-2019, 10:21 AM

2,216 posts, read 1,021,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nedergras View Post
No,no no, small. It is necessary that all country in slavery to Ukraine, then, maybe... )))))))))))), But there is competition in the form of the West )) all Around sadness )))))))))))

Old 04-07-2019, 02:21 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Name one US president that fulfilled every campaign promise. None of them do, none of them ever have. Trump even to this day has not, Obama did not. And you know what happens? We wait for a vote, not use force.

Ukraine has always had a choice, they chose anti-democratic methods, which has gotten them the issues they have now. They could have just waited five months for the election, but, they would have lost the election, thus they used force.

Also, about everyone speaks Russian there, so not understanding your comment about a Russian speaking candidate.

The Donbass part woke up and understood the candidate they voted for was ousted by force, meaning their vote does not count and never will, so no reason to stay with Ukraine, that is being "woke up".
Poroshenko is getting tossed out for not fulfilling most of his campaign promises. Yanukovych was tossed out for doing the OPPOSITE of his campaign promise. If you can't understand the difference, then there is no hope.

Yanukovych was the one who used force so then it was responded with force. Sorry, but he stepped over that line first and yes that is very important. He wasn't coasting along doing what he was elected to do and then some violent nazis threw him out. I don't care if you don't believe what happened, as long as the people in the country know it then nothing to worry about. Still hanging on to that issue when there have been multiple free elections since then makes no sense, other than to gripe that the people there still want their country to be normal European instead of corrupt Russian style country.

Old 04-07-2019, 02:36 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post

Lugansk and Donetsk don't participate in elections AT ALL. ( Hint - those gray areas on the map, along with Crimea.)

Are you clueless?

Yes you are.

Boiko won only 2 Oblasts. They are named Lugansk and Donetsk. He won 38.46% of Donetsk and 44% of Lugansk. Amazing how he did that if they didn't participate in the elections "AT ALL". You are pathetically trying to deny this and insult me for stating a fact. If you want to compare districts okay, below is the election result. Boiko won in Donetsk and Luhansk and ONE district out of about 15 in Kharkov and a couple in the Gaugaz corner of Odessa. That's it. If you want to find a demographic map you will also see the average ages of the district he won are the oldest in Ukraine.

Now you're trying to pretend that somehow he won more because OBVIOUSLY this result bothers you because the Novorossiya project is dead, just like your heros of the Russian DNR puppet state.

https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%9F...D%D0%B5_(2019)

Go ahead, click on the map of the election result if you can handle it. But you can't handle the truth, gotta keep making up stuff to hide that Russia's influence is dead in Ukraine. Zaporozhia, Boiko 19%. Ze: 40%. Sumy Boiko got 11%. Dnipro, 12%. Grandmas angry about the USSR is all that is (perhaps you are one of them)

Last edited by DKM; 04-07-2019 at 02:45 PM..

Old 04-07-2019, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Boiko won only 2 Oblasts. They are named Lugansk and Donetsk. He won 38.46% of Donetsk and 44% of Lugansk. Amazing how he did that if they didn't participate in the elections "AT ALL". You are pathetically trying to deny this and insult me for stating a fact. If you want to compare districts okay, below is the election result. Boiko won in Donetsk and Luhansk and ONE district out of about 15 in Kharkov and a couple in the Gaugaz corner of Odessa. That's it. If you want to find a demographic map you will also see the average ages of the district he won are the oldest in Ukraine.

Now you're trying to pretend that somehow he won more because OBVIOUSLY this result bothers you because the Novorossiya project is dead, just like your heros of the Russian DNR puppet state.

https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%9F...D%D0%B5_(2019)

Go ahead, click on the map of the election result if you can handle it. But you can't handle the truth, gotta keep making up stuff to hide that Russia's influence is dead in Ukraine. Zaporozhia, Boiko 19%. Ze: 40%. Sumy Boiko got 11%. Dnipro, 12%. Grandmas angry about the USSR is all that is (perhaps you are one of them)

Oh, I can easily "handle it" DKM.
I understand why they vote for Zelensky ( as I've already mentioned before.) I was only pointing that the reason PART of Ukraine was voting for someone like Boiko, is BECAUSE it's the INDUSTRIAL areas ( not some "IT sector,") that need that cheap Russian gas from economic point of view.

Even though you ARE correct and it was in fact Donbass and Lugansk regions (except for DNR and LNR) that heavily voted for Boiko after all, it's not like I didn't see this map before, pointing at other industrial regions wanting that cheap Russian gas and thus voting for Boiko ( and may be Vilkul/Muraviev.)
Of course Ukraine needs Russia, not America to be by its side. Just not Putin's Russia ( which is yet another direct result of American involvement into internal Russian affairs.)

I of course don't share your excitement at all - American involvement in Ukrainian affairs are bad news for Ukraine yet again, and these industrial regions will be hit the worst; there is nothing Zelensky can do, if he will follow the "EU agreement."
One thing American politicians managed to achieve of course, is to incite the hatred of Russians towards Ukrainians ( Eastern Ukrainians including, who were not guilty of "Maidan" at all.)
Brzezinski doctrine in action I suppose, but that doesn't mean that America will achieve its ultimate goals in Ukraine; that's not bound to happen.

For now however - the king is dead, long live the king?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe