Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2019, 05:30 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Oh, there were proofs/indications indeed.
A. Muraev ( that politician whose videos I've posted here earlier) said there were negotiations with Ukrainian government on its way on this subject ( or they already began - I don't remember, but he talks about it in one of those videos ( I just don't have time to go through all of them to figure out which one.)
Then there was a tender posted on US Navy site for repairs in one of the local schools in Sevastopol ( usually a precursor of American military "to get friendly with the local population" to proceed with the military base.)
Plus the common sense of course.
The whole Brzezinski doctrine - that's what it's all about.
We are there now.

https://www.strategic-culture.org/ne...-its-soil.html

I know there are also NATO personnell on the ground in the war zone too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2019, 05:46 PM

4,692 posts, read 1,164,657 times
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bid1vB3yDtM

Last edited by Alec Solano; 04-22-2019 at 05:55 PM..

Old 04-23-2019, 12:20 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
Oh no I agree, Russia should try to attract as many Russians to move to Russia considering Russia's demographic problem, and most of the countries that are anti Russian are going to remain anti Russian and no amount of Russian minority is going to change that, in fact reducing the Russian population in these countries might only improve relations as they won't be threatened by a Crimea 2.0 happening. I was just stating why Russia is reluctant to attract them since they still want that soft power projection.

Also as far as the Donbass goes, Russia is clearly using it as a bargaining chip for Ukraine to accept Crimea as Russian.
Russians in post Soviet countries are already reducing their own numbers quickly. When people speak of rapid demographic decline of ex Soviet states in Eastern Europe, the largest contribution to that decline are ethnic Russians. They either moved to Russia, the "West" or they stay and don't have replacement level fertility or even the same fertility rates as the others in those countries. This is even true inside Russia itself.

Old 04-23-2019, 01:58 PM

4,692 posts, read 1,164,657 times
Ukrainian lawmaker Nadia Savchenko has been released from jail unexpectedly but still faces trial over allegations that she plotted a terrorist attack on parliament, authorities say.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_hxMaymUao

Old 04-23-2019, 05:06 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
At this point, the best thing to do would be to officially recognize Crimea as Russian and move on with it.

Putin seeks validation from Western nations, particularly the US. Might as well just give it to him and be done with the sanctions. He’s already lost all his hair.
You are missing some vital parts of the equation and that's why you don't understand why we can't just "move on".

1) Ukraine is the only nation which can give Russia official recognition to Crimea because it still legally owns Crimea in most international aspects. This happening is not impossible but for the fact that it would be unpopular politically ... so how to make it happen? I wish the new guy the best but he said no to this already.

2) as for sanctions on Russia, despite what Russian propaganda claims, they are not for Crimea but for Russia's war in eastern Ukraine. There are Crimean related sanctions but they apply (mostly) to people and entities involved in Crimea itself.

If the war in Donbas continued but Ukraine settled the Crimea issue with Russia, the sanctions on Russia would continue. The fact that we have to periodically issue statements regarding this is made necessary by Russian disinformation that the sanctions are just for Crimea and not the war... I shouldn't have to explain the obvious here but the purpose of the sanctions is to give Putin something to gain by ending the conflict. I hope Ze can find the path to this.

Last edited by DKM; 04-23-2019 at 05:20 PM..

Old 04-23-2019, 05:28 PM

I think with Zelensky Ukraine will simply have more of the same. This "democracy" in Ukraine reeks of the mess we have here in America, where nothing ever gets done.

Old 04-23-2019, 05:50 PM

Porkochunko concedes. He's drunk too. Disgusting.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=xnVN_1555961969

Old 04-23-2019, 08:02 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Porkochunko concedes. He's drunk too. Disgusting.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=xnVN_1555961969

Well... no.

Not exactly.

From what I hear, his ilk in the Parliament is feverishly working on the new law stripping President of his current power ( which he doesn't have too many to begin with,) and passing it to the Cabinet of Ministers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0GAJlb81Vc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GbnalWQo90

( But thanks to Youtube and other social media these news become widely known.)

Another thing - the Nationalists in Uk. Parliament are preparing the law of total Ukrainianization - the most draconian so far, but it looks like it's meeting the resistance from within, particularly from the deputies from the South-East ( who will not be re-elected if they vote for it.)
So this one is unlikely to pass, as much as the Uki nationalists are trying to spread their venom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icsZgrj4IAA

Old 04-23-2019, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
You are missing some vital parts of the equation and that's why you don't understand why we can't just "move on".

1) Ukraine is the only nation which can give Russia official recognition to Crimea because it still legally owns Crimea in most international aspects. This happening is not impossible but for the fact that it would be unpopular politically ... so how to make it happen? I wish the new guy the best but he said no to this already.

2) as for sanctions on Russia, despite what Russian propaganda claims, they are not for Crimea but for Russia's war in eastern Ukraine. There are Crimean related sanctions but they apply (mostly) to people and entities involved in Crimea itself.

If the war in Donbas continued but Ukraine settled the Crimea issue with Russia, the sanctions on Russia would continue. The fact that we have to periodically issue statements regarding this is made necessary by Russian disinformation that the sanctions are just for Crimea and not the war... I shouldn't have to explain the obvious here but the purpose of the sanctions is to give Putin something to gain by ending the conflict. I hope Ze can find the path to this.

What makes you think so?

US hits Russia with new Crimea sanctions after Trump blames Obama for annexation.

Trumps extends US sanctions against Russia over Crimea

No, it's not just "war in Eastern Ukraine."
Americans find it hard to swallow - that loss of the navy base in Sevastopol that they thought was within their reach.

Old 04-23-2019, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I think with Zelensky Ukraine will simply have more of the same. This "democracy" in Ukraine reeks of the mess we have here in America, where nothing ever gets done.

Yes, the more time progresses, the more Ze comes across as "Poroshenko Lite."

Trump of course endorsed HIM over Poroshenko, but it seems to me that Ze will be looking forward to more rapprochement with EU leaders vs someone like Kurt Volker ( who endorsed Poroshenko.)
Moscow still acts very cautiously towards this new development of events, but at the end I guess it will be something that will push it even closer to the union with China.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe