Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2019, 06:13 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times

Advertisements

I don't believe the refineries are working very much in Ukraine anymore in the process of refining. Mostly they are import and storage terminals of refined products. This might change in the future if the stain of corruption is removed enough to allow the investments to happen which are needed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2019, 06:18 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Solano View Post
Turkey does not allow tankers through the Bosphorus. Or I'm wrong?
There are tonnage and displacement limits. Some of the reasons are due to the confining nature of the straits. A supertanker filled with oil having an accident would be catastrophic.

Old 04-24-2019, 09:10 PM

1,348 posts, read 624,537 times
Really it is ridiculous to read all this nonsense about the ban on the supply of petroleum products.
Ukrainians themselves scream at every corner that it’s time to stop all trading with Russia. After all, it is the “aggressor” and Ukraine allegedly “fights” with it. And when Putin finally heard their prayers Ukraine scream again - "THAT IS AGGRESSION". You must determine, guys, what do you mean aggression?

To understand all absurdity of this situation, you just need to imagine what Japan during the WW2 would buy petrol for their airplanes from USA.... for fight to USA.

Old 04-24-2019, 11:07 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
This is just Russian disinformation to cover up for the issue Belarus is having with the poor quality of Russian oil that came down their pipes in the past weeks. A nice cover up story to make it sound like it was intentional. But perhaps it was intentional as part of pressure on Lukashenko.

No, this is something that took place earlier, already back in... November?

( Correction; they say October here in this Russian article: "Russian Federation is going to cease the supply of of petrol, diesel and fuel oil. (to Belorussia) The ban will continue at least till the end of the next year.")

https://korrespondent.net/business/e...efty-v-belarus

And this is the result of this ban ( imposed back then) -

"According to estimates of the National Statistical Committee, in January 2019, Belarus imported only 3.6 thousand tons of oil products from Russia. Last year, more than 350 thousand tons were imported the same period.

The reason for this fall was the new balance of mutual deliveries of oil and oil products, which do not provide for the supply of gasoline, diesel fuel and fuel oil. Earlier, Moscow repeatedly accused Minsk of re-exporting Russian oil products. As a result, the Kremlin decided to stop supplying oil products to our country."

https://belsat.eu/en/news/imports-of...-by-100-times/

Quote:
In any case, no Ukraine isn't dependent on Russian oil anymore than Russian gas. It would be a blip for a week or 2 and be resolved with new supply from other sources.
Who? Where?

That guy in the video was talking specifically about petrol and diesel.
The stuff that's made in refineries, ( and that Belorussia used to supply to Ukraine ( I assume.)

So even if Ukraine has some oil, what about the refineries?

This is what the situation looks like:

"Ever since war broke out in Eastern Ukraine, the energy industry has been guessing what will happen to Ukraine’s gas transit and its transmission system. In the background, however, Ukraine’s oil sector has remained in tantalizing agony, as only one out of the country’s six refineries is currently functioning (at a 10% utilization rate), most of the products supply taken over by neighboring countries and all this with no end in sight. Almost every refinery was built with some sort of Russian involvement – as an owner, co-investor or crude supplier – yet after 2014, against the background of unprecedented antagonism between Ukraine and Russia, Russian companies have left the country for good. Now the question is: who will step into the vacant spot? So far it seems that no one is willing to."

You on another hand are saying that it's "going to be a blip for a week or two," while this is what I see today ( in connection with Russian ban I guess?)

"Average retail price of A-95 petrol at Ukrainian filling stations exceeds US$1.09 per liter"

Read more on UNIAN: https://www.unian.info/economics/105...per-liter.html

I have no idea where you are coming from, as usual.

Last edited by erasure; 04-25-2019 at 12:21 AM..

Old 04-24-2019, 11:21 PM

Quote:
1) We've got external enemy (russians) and russians have got the same. And nobody care anymore about internal problems.
2) DPR/LPR is greatest european contraband hub.
3) Utilization old weapons and test new in real time on the field. Also dropping-out of passionary people from both sides.
4) Kiev got rid of millions of protest voters.
5) Time-worn ex-USSR industry like the Alsace and the Ruhr in France, too, in the past (out of line).

This is yet another mystery to me - what you are talking about here)))
So if someone like Volker endorsed Poroshenko, is he in cooperation with Putin too?

Old 04-24-2019, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimogor View Post
Really it is ridiculous to read all this nonsense about the ban on the supply of petroleum products.
Ukrainians themselves scream at every corner that it’s time to stop all trading with Russia. After all, it is the “aggressor” and Ukraine allegedly “fights” with it. And when Putin finally heard their prayers Ukraine scream again - "THAT IS AGGRESSION". You must determine, guys, what do you mean aggression?

To understand all absurdity of this situation, you just need to imagine what Japan during the WW2 would buy petrol for their airplanes from USA.... for fight to USA.

Yeah... They were screaming it for five years already.
So why was Mr. Putin supplying the oil/diesel (and what's not) all these years to Ukraine, while allowing the Nationalists to shell Donbass and to kill people over there?

Alec ( and not only, since I've heard this opinion from other people) is sure that the reason behind it is the cooperation between Putin and Poroshenko behind the scene. They were both making money in the process that is.

Old 04-25-2019, 12:47 AM

1,348 posts, read 624,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Yeah... They were screaming it for five years already.
So why was Mr. Putin supplying the oil/diesel (and what's not) all these years to Ukraine, while allowing the Nationalists to shell Donbass and to kill people over there?

Alec ( and not only, since I've heard this opinion from other people) is sure that the reason behind it is the cooperation between Putin and Poroshenko behind the scene. They were both making money in the process that is.
I do not think so. I think that this is most likely a direct agreement between Poroshenko and our oil companies. And maybe our government knew about it, but it looked the other way. And now, i think, there is an opportunity to somehow influence the implementation of the Minsk agreements and stop the war in the Donbass. I hope so.

And. ... Why in the West everyone thinks that Putin is omnipotent, and he only needs to click his fingers, and everything is done at once. If that were truth, we'd be living in the best country in the world right now. There are many other forces that influence certain decisions.

Old 04-25-2019, 02:10 AM

4,692 posts, read 1,164,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
This is yet another mystery to me - what you are talking about here)))
So if someone like Volker endorsed Poroshenko, is he in cooperation with Putin too?
Probably Putin is US departament/CIA agent of influence #1

Old 04-25-2019, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimogor View Post
I do not think so. I think that this is most likely a direct agreement between Poroshenko and our oil companies. And maybe our government knew about it, but it looked the other way.
Oil/gas companies in Russia = Putin and his buddies, (starting with Sechin and Timchenko,) so no "looking the other way" in this case.

So yes, the agreement between "Ukrainian companies" and "Russian companies" is in place. ( Well used to be.) Business is business.

Quote:
And now, i think, there is an opportunity to somehow influence the implementation of the Minsk agreements and stop the war in the Donbass. I hope so.
"Somehow" how exactly, and why would it be a case now? The new elected president in Ukraine is basically "Poroshenko Lite" with ideas not much different from the previous one.
And that's why ( I assume) Putin signed the order to give Russian passports to DNR/LNR people a day ago.
Ukrainian parliament on another hand just voted for draconian law regarding the prohibition of Rusian language in Ukraine as part of "total Ukranianization," which is big blow in the face of Zelensky, and the South-Eastern regions that voted for him. What is going to be his reaction( the reaction of Ukrainians overall) remains to be seen. The point remains however; the old outvoted power is still poisonous in Ukraine.

Quote:
And. ... Why in the West everyone thinks that Putin is omnipotent, and he only needs to click his fingers, and everything is done at once. If that were truth, we'd be living in the best country in the world right now. There are many other forces that influence certain decisions.
Of course you wouldn't.
Putin can't snap his fingers and turn it into prosperous democratic society. Under his crony corporate capitalism it will remain the country with dying smaller cities/countryside, ( which are actually the heart and soul of Russia,) where "market" dictates the "relocation of labor force."

That's what he signed for, when he took the presidency from Yeltsin, who in his turn did what the "Washington consensus" wanted him to do.
And since Putin ( like many others on top) personally profited from these arrangements, there is nothing he can do by now, even if he would like to change anything.
But to pick up the phone and to call any of his corporate buddies, telling them what to do - that he obviously can, as easy as snapping his fingers.

Last edited by erasure; 04-25-2019 at 12:40 PM..

Old 04-25-2019, 12:09 PM

[quote]
Quote:
Probably Putin is US departament/CIA agent of influence #1[/quote]

You might be surprised, but that's the current popular theory here, in the US. That Putin is the "agent of influence" but not on CIA, but Trump himself)))

And I see no end in sight for this *belief in conspiracy* subsiding)))
It's so damn trendy)))
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe