Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2019, 04:40 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,853,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
I think the key to the answer is this recent interview with Kolomoisky ( the man behind Ze, as many imply,) who said that the war in Donbass is in fact the "internal civil conflict" and not some "war with Russia."
He also said the "civil war" will end the day Russia pulls its troops out:

"Civil war [is when] Ukrainians [are] against Ukrainians, Russia supports one side of the Ukrainians. If it hadn't, it would have ended a long time ago. The Ukrainians would have made it up with each other. [But] it was Russia that instigated and masterminded the conflict. "
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2019, 04:55 PM
DKM

Quote:
Let him.
It leaves a lot of questions regarding what these passports would mean, what they would entitle to, (particularly in the light of the latest pension reforms in Russia.)
I read a lot of questions/comments from Russians ( other than coming from usual "Putin is the greatest" crowd) regarding the timing ( why not five years ago, why after so many people have died there, finally to notice the "humanitarian crisis in Donbass" - yeah, right..)

The whole Donbass affair is not Crimea for him, it's not his ultimate "victory and glory."

Things are different this time around, as I've said many times before.
The answer to why he did this lies in the timing. It was done on purpose as a challenge to Ze and to show him he has power to disrupt Ukraine. It was also in response to the latest language law, but this is superficial because it probably won't be enforced before Ze gets in office (and he will change it).

Its meaningless though as it won't give anybody living in Ukraine a Russian pension and that's the main reason someone in Ukraine would take a Russian passport. This was not a good move for Putin because it makes people realize there are few advantages to having a Russian passport.

Old 05-03-2019, 04:57 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,526,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post

"Civil war [is when] Ukrainians [are] against Ukrainians, Russia supports one side of the Ukrainians. If it hadn't, it would have ended a long time ago. The Ukrainians would have made it up with each other. [But] it was Russia that instigated and masterminded the conflict. "

Acknowledging publicly PART of truth is already a step in the right direction.
An oligarch with Israeli passport will be unlikely to implicate the US in any shape or form.
That's why I posted not the interview with Kolomoisky, but more realistic video with A. Shariy's comments on this interview, who points at the civil war in Spain, saying that in spite of the two major powers that were involved in the conflict (i.e. the Third Reich and the Soviet Union,) the civil war in Spain is still regarded as civil war.
That's more like it.

Old 05-03-2019, 04:59 PM
DKM

Quote:
Not "on Youtube" but in the EU parliament. So not everyone is ready to be an American lackey, and that goes both to Ukraine and EU parliament alike.
Disappointing, I understand, but such is life.
I'm not disappointed, she's a well known youtube propagandist. The EU was just going through the motions of letting "all sides" speak. They know she's full of it. These are Yanukovich's people so its not new to hear them coming to say some nonsense. It doesn't even matter if this is the true opinion of people in Horlivka. They reside in a Russian puppet fake state so their opinions don't matter to anyone.

Old 05-03-2019, 05:05 PM
DKM

Quote:
Acknowledging publicly PART of truth is already a step in the right direction.
An oligarch with Israeli passport will be unlikely to implicate the US in any shape or form.
That's why I posted not the interview with Kolomoisky, but more realistic video with A. Shariy's comments on this interview, who points at the civil war in Spain, saying that in spite of the two major powers that were involved in the conflict (i.e. the Third Reich and the Soviet Union,) the civil war in Spain is still regarded as civil war.
That's more like it.
Its a civil war because most of the combatants on both sides are Ukrainians. But one side is supported by the majority of Ukraine and one is supported by Russia. And it would end tomorrow if Russia pulled out because their side is far smaller. But Russia cannot pull out and accept a stable Ukraine. Look at Turist's comments above. They need Russians to believe removing a corrupt government is a path to ruin.

Old 05-03-2019, 05:21 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,016,828 times
They're so f@cked beyond repair now, if it was me I'd simply give the 99% Russian-inhabited areas to Russia just like I couldn't care less if Turkey claims the town of Kurjdali from my country (99% eastern european turks living there...).

For the rest: appoint a technocrat and not a comedian with pro-eu views or so.

Old 05-03-2019, 05:56 PM

Quote:
The answer to why he did this lies in the timing. It was done on purpose as a challenge to Ze and to show him he has power to disrupt Ukraine. It was also in response to the latest language law, but this is superficial because it probably won't be enforced before Ze gets in office (and he will change it).

Unfortunately for Ukraine, he does have this power.

Quote:
Its meaningless though as it won't give anybody living in Ukraine a Russian pension and that's the main reason someone in Ukraine would take a Russian passport. This was not a good move for Putin because it makes people realize there are few advantages to having a Russian passport.
He-he, I already said before that you live in some alternative reality.
This is Putin in Russian news couple of days ago, commenting on Zelensky's offer of "Ukrainian passports to the citizens of Russian Federation."
He is grinning like a cat from ear to ear, because he knows how many Russians will be willing to apply for those Ukrainian passports.
Not only that, he is commenting ( not without mocking) that "if Russia and Ukraine will continue to give each other citizens passports, we'll unavoidably end up as one nation, which I can only welcome. I was always saying that Russians and Ukrainians are one and the same people." (And then he adds "good bye" in Ukrainian to Ukrainian journalists, not hiding that mockery already.

P.S. The honorable mention of that clown Saakashvili, which was "sent unlawfully out of Ukraine, and thus should be returned to Ukraine ASAP and given his Ukrainian passport back" )

Of course this offer of RUSSIAN passports to Ukrainians opens the whole can of worms for the different reasons within the frame of Russian internal problems, but that's a different issue.
When it goes back to Ukrainian passports, Russians in no way confuse them with European/Canadian/American passports, as much as you ( or rather your friends) would like to believe in it.
Just because Poroshenko might be gone tomorrow, they didn't forget people burned alive in Odessa, they didn't forget the bombardment of Donbass, they didn't forget the bleating Ukrainian idiot nazis, the mob that ruled the streets, and so on. ( Not to mention the worsening living conditions in Ukraine.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enzUcEfChGM

Last edited by erasure; 05-03-2019 at 07:19 PM..

Old 05-03-2019, 06:02 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,134 times
Quote:

Half right. It is a civil war amongst Ukrainians in every sense. It was started by Kiev when the junta wanted to show their new masters how in control and tough they were. That's how it started, that is fact.

The Kiev junta is up to its elbows in the blood of its citizens. Don't deny it. To deny it is to offer yourself up to insanity, willingly.

Old 05-03-2019, 06:07 PM

Quote:
I'm not disappointed, she's a well known youtube propagandist. The EU was just going through the motions of letting "all sides" speak. They know she's full of it. These are Yanukovich's people so its not new to hear them coming to say some nonsense. It doesn't even matter if this is the true opinion of people in Horlivka. They reside in a Russian puppet fake state so their opinions don't matter to anyone.

Of course any expressed opinion that doesn't toe the politically correct directives coming from the "collective West" must be a "Russian propaganda."
But in the video above the mayor of the very Gorlovka is one of the guests, and his anger when talking about the shelling of the hospitals in the area by Ukrainian army, is very real. I can tell you that much.

Last edited by erasure; 05-03-2019 at 07:14 PM..

Old 05-03-2019, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Its a civil war because most of the combatants on both sides are Ukrainians. But one side is supported by the majority of Ukraine and one is supported by Russia. And it would end tomorrow if Russia pulled out because their side is far smaller. But Russia cannot pull out and accept a stable Ukraine. Look at Turist's comments above. They need Russians to believe removing a corrupt government is a path to ruin.

You are conveniently leaving the US out of it, which were there to begin with on Maidan, and by now are building the military bases there.
I probably should translate that Joe Biden video after all, that explains in details how deeply Americans are entrenched in Ukrainian corruption, since they have the ample opportunity to be part of it.

Last edited by erasure; 05-03-2019 at 07:14 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe