Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2019, 09:17 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,568,432 times

Advertisements

Poroshenko removes servers as he leaves office There is probably information on there about his contacts with his foreign backers.

https://www.sfgate.com/business/tech...y-13902978.php
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2019, 07:23 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
Poroshenko removes servers as he leaves office There is probably information on there about his contacts with his foreign backers.

And god only knows what else. Only someone with something to hide would do that.

Some lawyer has spoken up and said that under article 17 of the Ukrainian constitution the US of the Ukrainian army against ukrainian citizens is treason.

Won't go anywhere though.

Old 05-30-2019, 08:08 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
And god only knows what else. Only someone with something to hide would do that.

Some lawyer has spoken up and said that under article 17 of the Ukrainian constitution the US of the Ukrainian army against ukrainian citizens is treason.

Won't go anywhere though.

Russia Channel One reports that today P. boarded plane to London with one-way ticket.
And that there are at least five criminal cases open against him so far...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvYUj49Ogpc

Meanwhile, Zelensky is heading to Brussels ( I guess to meet with American curator of Ukraine - Kurt Volker) to "negotiate peace in Donbass."

(Oh, and from what I remember, among other people he hopes to meet is Germany's Minister of International affairs, whatever his name is... ( Maas?) )

Trump so far steers clear of the new Ukrainian gov. - that's what it looks like...)

Last edited by erasure; 05-30-2019 at 08:51 PM..

Old 05-30-2019, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimogor View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxHdzGDazXg

-And God save you, do not watch Russian TV shows!
-So there are no others?
-That is nothing and not are looking!

What do you mean "do not watch Russian TV shows" Zimogor?
I don't care what way/how they spin it - I still get the info.

I collect it from different kind of sources - American, European, Ukrainian, Russian.
For example how would I learn about some "Camp Bondsteel" that Americans built in Kosovo out of all places, after handing Serbian territories to Albanian muslims?
Do I care that Mr. Ostashko peddles cleverly concocted Putin's propaganda?
Nope, not a bit.
But I still get useful info, plus he wears stylish clothing for the most part)))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mn-OPmZsiCM

P.S. And speaking of Kosovo - it looks like things are heating there up again as we speak, after the UN Russian worker has been wounded.

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/ar...ined-by-police

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=-ZXYPz44bsA

Old 05-31-2019, 12:27 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Russia Channel One reports that today P. boarded plane to London with one-way ticket.
And that there are at least five criminal cases open against him so far...

Meanwhile, Zelensky is heading to Brussels ( I guess to meet with American curator of Ukraine - Kurt Volker) to "negotiate peace in Donbass."

(Oh, and from what I remember, among other people he hopes to meet is Germany's Minister of International affairs, whatever his name is... ( Maas?) )

Trump so far steers clear of the new Ukrainian gov. - that's what it looks like...)
Its hysterical how Russia is going crazy that things are normal in Ukraine after the election. Meanwhile in the real world not manufactured by Russian propaganda:

Poroshenko is heading up a Eurocentric party and will run for MP elections next month (not from London).

Ze goes to Brussels next week to meet with the leaders of the EU for his first official trip abroad. Among other things to discuss, his main goal is to further outline reforms that the EU wishes to see in order to further economic cooperation.

Yesterday in Kyiv he already met with Maas (Germany) and France's foreign minister and discussed restarting the peace talks (of which Germany and France are part). Today he met with the visiting foreign ministers from Sweden and Poland.

Volker (who is Trump's envoy) has met with Ze a few times already, has lived in Ukraine for over a year so would not be meeting him in Belgium. Brussels is where the EU and NATO are based, not the place to meet cabinet members of other countries.

Old 05-31-2019, 04:53 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,568,432 times
Ukraine and Russia make nice

https://www.asiatimes.com/2019/05/ar...ine-make-nice/

Old 05-31-2019, 05:31 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Quote:
Most of that article is true, and that's a good sign. This gives me hope that someone in Russia is looking for a face saving way out of this situation.

But my money is on Putin being too stubborn so we have to wait for him to die before this nonsense ends. The key lies in the article: "Russia is ready to facilitate intra-Ukrainian dialogue. Moscow’s strategic goal is the reintegration of Donbas with Ukraine, which will help it to reclaim influence in Kiev and leverage Ukraine’s Euro-Atlantic integration."

There is 0.0% chance Ukraine will give Moscow leverage (by way of negotiations with their operatives in Donetsk) over Ukraine's euro-atlantic integration. If this is what Moscow insists on, there is no way forward for "good relations". My guess is the rada elections won't go the way the Kremlin is hoping for.

Old 05-31-2019, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Its hysterical how Russia is going crazy that things are normal in Ukraine after the election. Meanwhile in the real world not manufactured by Russian propaganda:

Poroshenko is heading up a Eurocentric party and will run for MP elections next month (not from London).

Russia is not "going crazy," Russia loves sensationalism when it comes to media, and Ukraine provides plenty. Particularly when someone like D. Yarosh already threatens Zelensky with murder, if he will attempt to "roll back any of the achievements" of Poroshenko's and tries to achieve any peace with Russia in Donbass (which was one of Ze major promises during inauguration.)

Now that "Eurocentric Party" ( and the rest of the "new parties" that old guard, (including Poroshenko) is trying to organize and "reorganize," in order to remain in power, even if 75% of Ukrainians want to see them gone.

And why do they have high hopes to remain in power within all this *new and reshuffled* stack of cards - i.e."parties"?

Because Americans back up this puppet regime, even if the Ukrainians don't want it any longer.

But I guess by NOW more and more Ukrainians start realizing that their country is in a tight grip of the US for real - the fact that they didn't recognize earlier. And they DO realize that by now they are in the clutches of all these huge foreign loans that Poroshenko's government took, and this creates a bigger and bigger concern in Ukrainian society.

And so the good question is - if Poroshenko was in charge of corruption that Ukraine was unsuccessfully fighting for the last five years, then why with the criminal cases filed in court against him, he is elected as a head of some new "European Solidarity" party that's heading back to parliament, inquiring minds want to know.

So I would postpone my judgment on his departure to London ( or elsewhere) when it comes to the nearest future.

So yeah, everything is *normal* in Ukraine - as usual.

Quote:
Ze goes to Brussels next week to meet with the leaders of the EU for his first official trip abroad. Among other things to discuss, his main goal is to further outline reforms that the EU wishes to see in order to further economic cooperation. Yesterday in Kyiv he already met with Maas (Germany) and France's foreign minister and discussed restarting the peace talks (of which Germany and France are part). Today he met with the visiting foreign ministers from Sweden and Poland.
DKM, save us the politically correct headlines pls., - we can see them all on CNN, Deutche Welle and what's not.
We already saw what happened during the last elections though, in spite of all the talk on "great progress" that Ukraine supposedly was making on her way of "joining the EU." And what it was, behind all the headlines glitter - the sharply declining living standards for the overwhelming majority of Ukrainians, the fleeing population and so on.

So it's still far more interesting to see what's going on in REAL life in Ukraine as I've already said, not the "make-believe" stories that the Western media ( and you) are feeding us.
As I've already mentioned before, I. Kolomoisky ( and not only) is advising Zelensky to claim default, pointing at Greece, Argentina and who else. He is openly saying that "since it's the US that need Ukraine to use it for its geopolitical goals against Russia, they have to increase financial compensation to Ukraine ( implying that the US and IMF are basically one and the same thing, which in many ways it is.)

By now I assume Zelensky already knows that he is nothing but yet another puppet of the West, and I don't think he will dare to go against his masters, announcing the default. But with this, will come the unavoidable consequences, so I kinda feel sorry for him already ( as in damn if you do and damn if you don't.)

Quote:
Volker (who is Trump's envoy) has met with Ze a few times already, has lived in Ukraine for over a year so would not be meeting him in Belgium. Brussels is where the EU and NATO are based, not the place to meet cabinet members of other countries.
Oh, the Gauleiter Kurt Volker actually LIVES in Ukraine?
In all honesty, I didn't know that, and was too lazy to check on it. I was kinda assuming that Americans would be more clandestine appointing someone like Volker, who is the US Ambassador to NATO out of all things, as a curator of Ukraine.
But I guess it's not a case.

Last edited by erasure; 05-31-2019 at 08:06 PM..

Old 05-31-2019, 07:56 PM

Quote:

"Danylyuk posted a video on Facebook, showing an empty room with power cables sticking out of the walls and marks where computer monitors used to be. He also claimed that former President Petro Poroshenko's staff had removed servers with confidential information."

I think they SHOULD understand by now, that it would be more logical to guess, that the equipment disappeared for this particular reason, and not as the result of simple "thieving" of Poroshenko, as many initially thought.
So the "Western partners" will explain the pesky ones, trying to "open the investigation in the disappearance of the state equipment," that Poroshenko was "renting it, and now returned it to the rightful owners" somewhere in the "renting center," - the official explanation that has been pushed lately in "free and independent Ukraine."

Last edited by erasure; 05-31-2019 at 08:10 PM..

Old 06-01-2019, 10:10 PM

When Zelensky was talking about his plans to unify Ukraine, his plan to "win the hearts and minds of people of Donbass" was to win the info wars.
In his mind apparently the reason Ukraine became so split, "East vs West" was a simple matter of "pro-Russian, anti-Ukrainian propaganda," - a matter that could have been fixed with the help of launching counter info-wars.

I suspect by now he has been explained that it's not quite the case.
The hatred that has been unleashed from the Western provinces towards the Russian-speaking "Easterners" back in 2014 was in fact very real, as real as the civil war branded as "Anti-terrorist operation" and "Russian aggression" against Ukraine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQuKgvPHf2E
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe