Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2019, 11:13 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
When that rocket barrage hit the market in Mariupol there was an American with a regional accent from the NE. I'd say Pennsylvania or New York state. Maybe West Virginia. I've seen pictures of Americans in Ukrainian vehicles. I suspect they're special forces.

You know things when you see them.
For example I know that this greaseball with tattoos ( I can't find a better description here,) is the "Easterner" fighting for Ukraine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5aVKCptB7c&t=74s

So it's not like they don't exist.
The question is what's the general "rule" and the ability to see a bigger picture.
And of course Americans ( and other members of NATO countries) are there too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2019, 12:04 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,853,283 times
The general rule is guys from all over the country answered the call to fight. Westerners mostly fought at first. Easterners joined the fight mostly around July and August in 2014 when it became obvious that Russia was joining in. They felt betrayed by their friends and are more angry about this than westerners. You can say the same about the DNR as there are guys there from across Ukraine too, but lesser numbers. Just based on my own observations.

Clearly Ze knows this and isn't clouded by a dumb Bandera ideal... so I hope he brings some sanity to the situation (language law needs to be tossed, etc.) and reach out to the population in the Donbas to lay out some sort of compromise to get them to accept a path forward. But how can he when the locals have Russian installed authorities making the decision for them?

Old 07-03-2019, 12:21 PM

Things are heating up on Donbass.

( I personally hope that DNR would finally hit back accordingly.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nk8H_F2m21o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSunFcPEG5U

Old 07-09-2019, 12:32 PM

Oh boy...there is no end to this Nazi circus in Kiev, is there?

To make the long story short - one of the "pro-Russia'" parties ( well the reps of it) suggested to organize the tele-bridge between the Russian citizens and Ukrainian citizens ( the kind of events that were once organized between the US and Soviet Union in the late 80ies, with participation of Phil Donahue from what I remember.)
Sure enough, the Nazis of all kinds in Ukraine became hysterical and their leader, the very Andrey Biletsky

addressed Zelensky ( who is the current elected president minding you,) giving him 24 hours to "take care" of the situation - i.e. to cancel the show.
Zelensky obliged, explaining to the nation that it was a "bad timing" for this kind of show/actions, since the politicians who were trying to organize this show, were simply trying to "get dividends" before the election to state parliament.

OK, so the show was cancelled, but for the nazis it was not enough apparently, and they proceeded with their regular show in front of the parliament, demanding to close the TV channel that even dared to suggest such show and to arrest its producers for "treason."

( With police around, quietly watching the show.)

Here comes the fun part;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZEA5hPyYl0

Meanwhile, the Ukrainian blogger ( who sits somewhere in EU) organized his own party, that is trying to make it to parliament, and THEY walk past Zelensky cortege, to remind HIM that what he promised before his election is not followed through so far ( and that's why he keeps on losing popularity.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usxZ6N17muA

What THESE people want, and what course of action they see as "right" exactly - I am not sure.

I only know so far that they are mostly Russian-speakers, with some Ukrainian speakers joining in.

Last edited by erasure; 07-09-2019 at 01:11 PM..

Old 07-09-2019, 04:35 PM
DKM

Trying to change the narrative away from the anti-corruption/ EU integration platform that he ran on? We keep hearing that Russian puppets in Donetsk are angry at Ze for not giving Russia control over Ukraine "to make peace". That isn't going to happen sorry.

Old 07-09-2019, 04:54 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,844 times
Ukraine doesn't need to give control to any nation, it shouldn't. It's a bridge nation.

It should not be licking western boots either, that which you so desire.

Old 07-09-2019, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Trying to change the narrative away from the anti-corruption/ EU integration platform that he ran on?

Uh, no.

Let's see here.
This person in question received the political asylum from Proshenko and Co somewhere in E.U. ( Lithuania I think.)

A lot of his video blogs were coming somewhere from European cities ( Western European cities at that,) where he was patiently explaining to his viewers that this Nazi Ukraine had NOTHING to do with *Europe* where then current government was ( supposedly) leading it to.

Initially, he was a big supporter of Ze ( the happy moment, when the nation stood proud during the inauguration of the newly-elected president that I posted here earlier, was actually HIS video.)

But now, after he observed everything that's taking place under Zelensky, he is sounding an alarm.
And not only him, but yet another Russian-speaking blogger that I follow, and who is originally investigative journalist ( fairly well-known on Ukrainian TV channels I suppose) - that one is sounding the alarm big time as well.
He is very anti-Russian/anti-Putin, but he goes case after case pointing what people are appointed at what positions under Zelensky administration, and since ( as investigative journalist) he is well-familiar with what was going on behind the scene in Poroshenko's kitchen, a lot of them are simply reshuffled/stayed in place, which indicates that no matter what initially Zelensky was planning to do, it all changed after he has been explained most likely in the *learned quarters* that Ukraine is already sold to multi-national corporations and that's how it it's going to stay.

So going back to the first blogger that organized his own party, I wonder where they are all marching now with their red balloons, since it becomes more and more obvious, that the only standard "formula of success" that's prescribed for Ukraine by international organizations such as IMF is the "laissez-faire" capitalism, where the riches of the country, the lands and the very lives of people there are already sold to the highest bidder, and what they vote for/hope for, is really unimportant. The result will be all the same.

Quote:
We keep hearing that Russian puppets in Donetsk are angry at Ze for not giving Russia control over Ukraine "to make peace". That isn't going to happen sorry.
"Control over Ukraine?"

Russia is in position to afford it. The West is not. But not the US, as the practice shows.

They can't afford Georgia either by the way - those billions of dollars that both countries require to keep their people happy, (in order to be cut off of Russia for good) is simply too high of a price tag.

Old 07-10-2019, 11:37 AM
DKM

There is nothing taking place under Zelenskiy yet because he doesn't have a party in the government. That's what the upcoming elections are for. I know this is all foreign and crazy sounding to people used to the USSR/Putin way of doing things...

The only people mad at him at this point are the few who thought he was going to lean towards Russia and turn away from Europe. And the people who would have assumed this must have completely ignored his campaign or believed in some fantasy that the Russian speaking part of Ukraine wants to turn away from a European alignment, so somehow imagined Ze represents this idea. He doesn't. The platform who do represent this is the "For Life" party which could get 12 or 13% in the elections, provided the old Soviets turn out.

Old 07-10-2019, 12:26 PM

750 posts, read 907,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post

Russia is in position to afford it. The West is not. But not the US, as the practice shows.

They can't afford Georgia either by the way - those billions of dollars that both countries require to keep their people happy, (in order to be cut off of Russia for good) is simply too high of a price tag.
Why then did Putin oppose economic sanctions against Georgia? Maybe because "sanctions are only for the benefit"?

Old 07-10-2019, 06:04 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Uh, no.

Let's see here.
This person in question received the political asylum from Proshenko and Co somewhere in E.U. ( Lithuania I think.)

A lot of his video blogs were coming somewhere from European cities ( Western European cities at that,) where he was patiently explaining to his viewers that this Nazi Ukraine had NOTHING to do with *Europe* where then current government was ( supposedly) leading it to.

Initially, he was a big supporter of Ze ( the happy moment, when the nation stood proud during the inauguration of the newly-elected president that I posted here earlier, was actually HIS video.)

But now, after he observed everything that's taking place under Zelensky, he is sounding an alarm.
And not only him, but yet another Russian-speaking blogger that I follow, and who is originally investigative journalist ( fairly well-known on Ukrainian TV channels I suppose) - that one is sounding the alarm big time as well.
He is very anti-Russian/anti-Putin, but he goes case after case pointing what people are appointed at what positions under Zelensky administration, and since ( as investigative journalist) he is well-familiar with what was going on behind the scene in Poroshenko's kitchen, a lot of them are simply reshuffled/stayed in place, which indicates that no matter what initially Zelensky was planning to do, it all changed after he has been explained most likely in the *learned quarters* that Ukraine is already sold to multi-national corporations and that's how it it's going to stay.

So going back to the first blogger that organized his own party, I wonder where they are all marching now with their red balloons, since it becomes more and more obvious, that the only standard "formula of success" that's prescribed for Ukraine by international organizations such as IMF is the "laissez-faire" capitalism, where the riches of the country, the lands and the very lives of people there are already sold to the highest bidder, and what they vote for/hope for, is really unimportant. The result will be all the same.

"Control over Ukraine?"

I think that's what happened just like here in the west (America). We could elect a "man of the people", somebody that actually does care where America is going and sees the problems and knows what to do about those problems. Shortly after he walks into the Whitehouse he discovers how things really work and that's that.

It's why electing a president just seems to be stupid anymore to me. I've been watching America slowly rot for the last 25 years and it just doesn't matter to the real rulers of the country.

Ukraine may well be part of the club.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe