Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2020, 12:58 AM

26,793 posts, read 22,572,170 times

Advertisements

And now - Ukraine again.
This strange virus is bringing more and more unforeseen consequences all over the place.
Not only did it shut down the Wall Street ( with the number of infections growing in New York,) but the whole "Ukraine as anti-Russian project" is heading to some kind of the opposite trajectory.
Not long time ago, in order to promote the "national sentiment," Zelensky was calling Ukrainians "from all over the world" to come back to Ukraine.

Now they are coming back all right, to the tune of 1,700,000 from Central and Western Europe, with little or no health check-ups at all.

And as the story has it, the whole charter of Ukrainian officials ( the deputies) returned from the French Courchevel, which is a synonym of a "playground" for both Russian oligarchs and Ukrainian people of means.

Now big portion of these Ukrainian officials landed in Alexandrov hospital in Kiev, with the severe cases of pneumonia, as the word has it.

Only this time around they can't go back for treatment to Western European countries as usual.
They are stuck in Ukrainian healthcare system, that they themselves were *successfully reforming* for the last five years, following the guidelines of the IMF/Soros and American Democratic Party.

Not only that, but now the resigned ( or rather fired?) former Prime Minister of Ukraine, infamous A. Goncharuk, yet another key man of Soros, is accused of illegal sale of face masks and other PPE products to China back in February, hundreds thousands of them, since Ukraine now has none.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvvc0_NSAOo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nduwOw2tKZ0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2020, 07:17 PM

1,380 posts, read 1,451,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
And now - Ukraine again.
This strange virus is bringing more and more unforeseen consequences all over the place.
Not only did it shut down the Wall Street ( with the number of infections growing in New York,) but the whole "Ukraine as anti-Russian project" is heading to some kind of the opposite trajectory.
Not long time ago, in order to promote the "national sentiment," Zelensky was calling Ukrainians "from all over the world" to come back to Ukraine.

Now they are coming back all right, to the tune of 1,700,000 from Central and Western Europe, with little or no health check-ups at all.

And as the story has it, the whole charter of Ukrainian officials ( the deputies) returned from the French Courchevel, which is a synonym of a "playground" for both Russian oligarchs and Ukrainian people of means.

Now big portion of these Ukrainian officials landed in Alexandrov hospital in Kiev, with the severe cases of pneumonia, as the word has it.

Only this time around they can't go back for treatment to Western European countries as usual.
They are stuck in Ukrainian healthcare system, that they themselves were *successfully reforming* for the last five years, following the guidelines of the IMF/Soros and American Democratic Party.

Not only that, but now the resigned ( or rather fired?) former Prime Minister of Ukraine, infamous A. Goncharuk, yet another key man of Soros, is accused of illegal sale of face masks and other PPE products to China back in February, hundreds thousands of them, since Ukraine now has none.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvvc0_NSAOo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nduwOw2tKZ0
Spot on! As always.

Old 03-28-2020, 02:11 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,451,346 times
I guess thousands of Ukrainians have officially returned to their homeland. I expect an explosion of C-19 cases there.

Last train with travelers between Kiev and Moscow.

https://tass.com/russia/1136923

Old 03-28-2020, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I guess thousands of Ukrainians have officially returned to their homeland. I expect an explosion of C-19 cases there.

Last train with travelers between Kiev and Moscow.

https://tass.com/russia/1136923

I was watching trains going in both directions - Russians returning home from Ukraine ( after visiting relatives,) and Ukrainians going back home from Russia ( not too many though.)

Sad to see all these people with broken ties, once the border is closed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5j42Kgetqk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flQf6K6b5L0

Old 03-28-2020, 05:58 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,451,346 times
People are not in a good mood.

Old 03-29-2020, 08:18 PM

1,348 posts, read 626,544 times
Zelensky called on the Parliament to make laws for IMF loan to avoid default

It is planned that the loan will amount $10 billion.
https://tass.ru/ekonomika/8110197

Translated:

Quote:
KIEV, March 29. /TASS/. The President of Ukraine Vladimir Zelensky urged the Verkhovna Rada to adopt the laws necessary for the loan of the International monetary Fund (IMF) to $10 billion In a video message posted on Sunday, Zelensky said that otherwise the country could face default.

"Our country is due to coronavirus was at a crossroads. The first way is the adoption of two vital laws, then Ukraine will receive support from the international financial partners in the amount of not less than 10 billion dollars, which will serve to stabilize the economy and overcome the crisis, and the second way - the failure of the law, and after the decline of the economy, even the threat of default," he said.

Zelensky said that last week the office of the President and the government "did everything that depended on them, and have agreed on financial support for Ukraine." "We and the government have chosen your way. Now it is the turn for the people's deputies", - he concluded.

Zelensky, on 27 March reported that Ukraine agreed with the IMF to increase the program on the terms of the adoption by Parliament of two laws: the opening of the land market and on banks (involves the prohibition of returning nationalized banks to the former owners). The President then stressed that under the conditions of the country for 15 days will receive the first tranche of about $ 1.75 billion - $ 2 billion.

An extraordinary meeting of the Verkhovna Rada which is planned for consideration by the President of laws, scheduled for March 30.
Now DKM will come and tell about the power of the Ukrainian economy.

Old 03-30-2020, 12:56 PM

750 posts, read 908,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimogor View Post

Now DKM will come and tell about the power of the Ukrainian economy.
Can I answer for him with a question - how does it turn out that since the new year the Russian ruble has lost 15 percent against the Ukrainian hryvnia?

Old 03-30-2020, 01:18 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,240,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadym View Post
Can I answer for him with a question - how does it turn out that since the new year the Russian ruble has lost 15 percent against the Ukrainian hryvnia?
Because Ukraine is not involved in economic wars.

Old 03-30-2020, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Because Ukraine is not involved in economic wars.

Not only Maxim.
When I was listening to Dubinsky, he explained all those currency schemes; speculation on Ukrainian grivna, and why exactly it gained strength ( which was a very dangerous sign for crumbling Ukrainian economy).

But since you already know *how thrilled* I am to listen to all these financial matters, I don't remember all the details.

I can find them for you if you are interested though.

Old 03-30-2020, 01:32 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,240,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Not only Maxim.
When I was listening to Dubinsky, he explained all those currency schemes; speculation on Ukrainian grivna, and why exactly it gained strength ( which was a very dangerous sign for crumbling Ukrainian economy).

But since you already know *how thrilled* I am to listen to all these financial matters, I don't remember all the details.

I can find them for you if you are interested though.
I watched/read about the same conclusions (maybe even you posted these videos before). I think that a country cannot have a stable strong economy when its industry burns down in a civil war. I am skeptical about the strength of the hryvnia and do not rule out financial default in the coming months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe