Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2021, 10:11 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,134 times

Advertisements

This is outright racism. It's all about dividing people and creating enemies.

https://tass.com/politics/1309229

https://112.international/ukraine-to...cow-62768.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2021, 10:48 AM

26,777 posts, read 22,526,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Different groups protest in Kyiv a couple times a week. This is how it works in democracies. Notice the police are not out clubbing people and the president is not threatening to shoot them like in your preferred states to the north and east.
Of course not.

I already explained to you hundred times, that it's not the police that perform the punitive functions there, but the Nazi units. THEY are the ones that break the bones, kill, maim and so on. That's whom the Ukrainian government send to "take care of dissent" when it feels threatened. And of course the secret service that throws people in jails and torture them there. Not the police.

Police is there only to back up those units, or to deal with the kind of dissent the government is not concerned with. Like in this case for example - this was the small business protesting, since the economic situation in Ukraine is getting worse. It's getting worse for the majority of Ukrainians, all while you are trumpeting about the success of some random foreign corporation here and there. These corporations are in Ukraine to extract money from the country, not to improve the living standards for the masses.

Quote:
This statement is meaningless. NATO has been in the Odessa region for exercises for 20+ years already
Except for they were not building their military bases in Odessa region.

They do now, and Russians are waking up to this fact.

Quote:
Good, perhaps they can start paying the pensions of people there too, so they don't have to wait in lines to cross a Russian created military conflict.
I hope so too, that Russians will finally integrate Donbass and then some more, to put a stop to all this Ukrainian BS.

Quote:
Hmm, Germany is definitely present at Sea Breeze. I saw a few German officers at one of the events. Germany has never sent an actual unit of soldiers to Ukraine in these exercises for historical reasons. Interesting that you would focus on Germany while ignoring that a record number of countries are participating.
German on the left, from yesterday:
"A total of 32 ships, 40 aircraft and helicopters and 5,000 soldiers from 24 countries are taking part in the exercises, which last through July 10. Participating countries include the US, the United Kingdom, France, Turkey, Israel, Morocco, Japan, South Korea and Australia. Germany, which has been involved in the past, is not taking part this year. It's the largest maneuvers in decades, after last year's drills were shortened due to the pandemic."

https://www.dw.com/en/sea-breeze-ukr...sia/a-58081985

So I don't know what's that you *see* there.

Quote:
Nobody is forcing anyone to cross that barrier. Anyone is free to, or free not to. They can move, or not. The front line is active and it is not Ukraine's decision to have Russians fighting them in Donbas. The sad thing is they stay to look after their property because they are worried the Russian bandits will take everything if they leave.
Of course not.
Unless of course they want to get some food in order to survive - i.e. to get their pensions. Because their pensions should be paid by Ukrainian government, and it's the Ukrainian government that forces them to cross that front line EVERY MONTH in order to confirm their identity. Otherwise they won't give them their pensions, as meager as they are.

The bunch of thieving criminals that "democratic" Ukrainian regime - that's what it is.

With that being said, I already pointed hundred times that it's Putin's fault that he decided to *negotiate* Donbass with the West after Crimea, instead of bringing troops right away and putting a stop to all this vakhanalia.

So Zakharchenko's death and the rest of destruction inflicted on Eastern Ukraine are the results of his betrayal.

Including that military base that Americans ( or is it a British base?) that he sees now in his backyard.

It doesn't pay to betray those who are loyal to you, hoping to get some "lucrative deals" in exchange.

Last edited by erasure; 07-01-2021 at 11:02 AM..

Old 07-01-2021, 10:56 AM

Quote:
A few fun pictures so far:

Ukrainian military posing on a US Navy ship in Odessa

From the same Deutsche Welle article;

"On closer inspection, the forces involved in the drills are anything but massive. A majority of the ships, 24 of them, are Ukrainian and only a couple of them are warships. And only a few Western NATO warships will be involved in the exercises, like the US destroyer Ross which is armed with Tomahawk cruise missiles."

So Ukrainians can posture all they want, and hope all they want that Russia "won't dare" to respond with fire at any of those NATO ships nearing Crimea. Because "this would mean WWIII."
But as Putin already chuckled a day ago - "no it won't."

Any of those sunk ships won't mean "WWIII."
And he is most likely right.

Old 07-01-2021, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post

Of course it is.

Blatant discrimination, suppression of human rights, and worst of all - downright shelling and murders of population supported ( or rather hushed) by the West.

At no point I saw such a fiasco of "Western values" when it comes to Western military advances in this case. ( As I've said, I see it as the direct result of the "left wing America" trying to climb on top of the world.)
And of course Russian government is trying to argue this case of blatant violation of human rights ( and rightfully so) in all those international organizations - be that EU or UN.

But to no avail.

Even when the truth is coming from the "wrong mouth" it remains the truth of course, but it's easy for the West to point at the "wrong mouth" delivering the truth, and to shrug it off.

So the world is coming to a stalemate the way I see it.
It's only timely that US gov. slipped the report in last Friday, confirming the existence of the *UAPs* in the midst of it all.

How befitting this whole situation, lol.

Last edited by erasure; 07-01-2021 at 11:40 AM..

Old 07-01-2021, 12:50 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,853,283 times
Quote:

Your own statements about Ukrainians on here for years are racist.

What is racist about what he said? He is correct they are not the same people anymore. They all know it. Americans descended from the Brits aren't the same people anymore either. That isn't racist, or even a statement about their ethnicity.

The division and hatred is caused by Russia by launching a war in Ukraine and encouraging Donbas residents to fight Ukraine by comparing them to Nazis. Putin created Russians as enemies of Ukraine by attacking them. This is a very simple and straightforward fact. Go to Eastern Ukraine and meet Russian speakers and they will explain it the same way with different words. But hide your opinion so you can survive the encounter.

Old 07-01-2021, 01:00 PM
DKM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Of course not.

I already explained to you hundred times, that it's not the police that perform the punitive functions there, but the Nazi units. THEY are the ones that break the bones, kill, maim and so on. That's whom the Ukrainian government send to "take care of dissent" when it feels threatened. And of course the secret service that throws people in jails and torture them there. Not the police.
The Nazi units are only there to do this to enemy combatants. Anyone found bearing arms without insignia is subject to this treatment.

Quote:
Except for they were not building their military bases in Odessa region.

They do now, and Russians are waking up to this fact.
This is true. Odessa and Nikoleav regions to be exact. Who knew Russia attacking Ukraine would have consequences. Russia can't do anything about it. They can talk and make videos though.

Quote:
I hope so too, that Russians will finally integrate Donbass and then some more, to put a stop to all this Ukrainian BS.
Wouldn't Russians do it already? They have controlled it for 7 years and made most of the people from there hate their guts and leave. Anyone left by now has to be fully willing to join Russia. So do it!

Quote:
"A total of 32 ships, 40 aircraft and helicopters and 5,000 soldiers from 24 countries are taking part in the exercises, which last through July 10. Participating countries include the US, the United Kingdom, France, Turkey, Israel, Morocco, Japan, South Korea and Australia. Germany, which has been involved in the past, is not taking part this year. It's the largest maneuvers in decades, after last year's drills were shortened due to the pandemic."
You're going to great lengths to dismiss the exercises while simultaneously pretending they are a provocation. Which is it? Several thousand allied soldiers are in Ukraine training right now and your only consolation is German soldiers are not participating.

Quote:
So I don't know what's that you *see* there.
I see Germans in the red hats, or do you think these are imposters.

These guys are not German?

Last edited by DKM; 07-01-2021 at 01:17 PM..

Old 07-01-2021, 01:16 PM
DKM

Quote:
From the same Deutsche Welle article;

"On closer inspection, the forces involved in the drills are anything but massive. A majority of the ships, 24 of them, are Ukrainian and only a couple of them are warships. And only a few Western NATO warships will be involved in the exercises, like the US destroyer Ross which is armed with Tomahawk cruise missiles."
Who said they were massive? The following countries brought warships to the drills for this month:

Italy
Spain
Turkey
Romania
UK
Netherlands
USA
Canada

I would not call that "few", its 8 warships from NATO.

Isn't that enough ships? the point is for Ukraine's navy to participate with each, share ideas and train together. Other countries sent sailors to practice on Ukraine's ships.

Italy sent their newer fregata:

Turkey too:

Old 07-01-2021, 05:11 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,134 times
Ukraine as a freaking country didn't even happen until the Bolshevik revolution. There was a civil war between Nationalists then too but the Bolsheviks won and made the Ukrainian SSR.

Doesn't matter. Ukraine like the Baltic States will always be somebodies *****.

Old 07-01-2021, 05:43 PM

Quote:
The Nazi units are only there to do this to enemy combatants. Anyone found bearing arms without insignia is subject to this treatment.
Wrong again.
They are the ones patrolling the streets as well, and they are the ones to be send "to take care of the troublemakers."
All these different "varta"(s) ( i.e. "guards,") all these "activists" - they are the same people with the same "commanding center."

Quote:
This is true. Odessa and Nikoleav regions to be exact. Who knew Russia attacking Ukraine would have consequences. Russia can't do anything about it. They can talk and make videos though.
Paying $5 billions to change the government of Ukraine and to get that military base in Crimea - that's what it all starts with, not with "Russia attacking Ukraine."
And since Putin didn't react in proper way right away, with military force, he kept the Crimean base, but since he betrayed Donbass, now he is ending up with the military base in his backyard anyways.
You are not following the WHOLE story DKM - just picking and choosing and connecting the dots in the faulty way. But that's the way you like it.
It's more convenient for your narrative.

Quote:
Wouldn't Russians do it already? They have controlled it for 7 years and made most of the people from there hate their guts and leave. Anyone left by now has to be fully willing to join Russia. So do it!
Oh at this point I can only watch and wonder what is going to happen next ( particularly listening to Putin's "Hot line" or Q&A" this year ( or whatever they call it.)

Care to get the scoop of it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1g-97fYcRc&t=51s

Quote:
You're going to great lengths to dismiss the exercises while simultaneously pretending they are a provocation. Which is it? Several thousand allied soldiers are in Ukraine training right now and your only consolation is German soldiers are not participating.
To "dismiss?" "Pretending they are a provocation"?
To be very honest, I don't even know what to make out of it.
To "show Russia..." exactly what?
That "the whole world" will go against it as a military might if it won't submit under the US demands?
Then the whole world will go down the tube with that nuclear war.
So I can only shrug my shoulders.

Quote:
I see Germans in the red hats, or do you think these are imposters.

These guys are not German?
Well take it with the Deutche Welle then, when they deny the German participation in the "Sea Breeze," not me.

Old 07-01-2021, 07:14 PM
DKM

Quote:
Ukraine as a freaking country didn't even happen until the Bolshevik revolution. There was a civil war between Nationalists then too but the Bolsheviks won and made the Ukrainian SSR.

Doesn't matter. Ukraine like the Baltic States will always be somebodies *****.
Yes, it was Russian in everyway until the communist revolution. Then it began to start its own identity beyond its regional dialect/language. I would agree. They are the same people in my view, but they don't see themselves that way. They are basically Russians with different ideas of how their country should be oriented. I still hate the anti-Russian tilt it is taking but I don't blame them for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe