Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2021, 08:49 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times

Advertisements

.50 in the video. "Despite ongoing challenges with sovereignty, political stability and economic prosperity of its citizens."

It listed the "vast resources" of forests farmland and natural resources of the country to boot.

I can only say one thing. Banana Republic. This is about exploitation and nothing else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2021, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Maybe Russia could try something new and do something to help those people who are stuck living under their military zones of control. Or allowing western aid agencies to help people in their controlled zones who are at the mercy of warlords. Then sick and frail people would not need to queue up in lines to get services in normal Ukraine. But that would mean valuing life and why would they start doing that?
I agree, Russia should do something. Just plow the Ukronazis under.

Old 06-29-2021, 09:26 PM

What/who owns the major resources in Ukraine? Oligarchs and the state? I'm not clear on that.

If it's investors from abroad then we know how that goes.

Old 06-29-2021, 10:27 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Attacking more of eastern Ukraine to make more people suffer will relieve the suffering? Those people are dying in line to get into non Russian controlled Ukraine. They are dying because they live in Russian controlled Ukraine. Well they were dying but the queuing have been fixed since years ago when that was filmed. Now they just die without queuing, languishing in Putin's warlord paradise that nobody wants to live in. I'm kind of surprised that erasure would link videos showing how Russia destroyed lives in the Donbas, but okay.

Booting out the Russians so they can live normal lives like the rest of Ukrainians would be the humane thing to do. Personally, I couldn't care less.

Quote:
What/who owns the major resources in Ukraine? Oligarchs and the state? I'm not clear on that.

If it's investors from abroad then we know how that goes.
Who do you want to own the resources. The state like in the 80s?

People own the resources by buying them and the state taxes them. Isn't that how it is supposed to work?

Are investors bad? Or they are good if they are Russians and bad if European?

Old 06-29-2021, 10:51 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Its been 5 years since the EU trade agreement went into effect. Since then, exports to the EU have grown by 60% and are on track to exceed $23 billion USD this year.

One of the largest shipping companies in Europe, Hapag-Lloyd, has opened an office in Odessa due to the growth of trade there. “The economic growth of the country is convincing, and many Ukrainian shippers are already using the services of Hapag-Lloyd. Opening our new office in Ukraine, we pay tribute to the excellent business development and great opportunities that we see in this market,†the company’s management said.

https://www.hapag-lloyd.com/en/compa...n-ukraine.html

Warning, do not watch the video in their press release if your happiness depends on believing Ukraine is collapsing.

Oh I see.
That's why they were protesting today again in Kiev?

Because of the *ever-improving economic situation* of Ukraine?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTySwWzxsPI&t=204s

Last edited by erasure; 06-29-2021 at 11:04 PM..

Old 06-29-2021, 11:04 PM

Quote:

Well Russia finally woke up to the sound of NATO ships/military bases in Odessa region.

Because NATO already uses Ukraine for its advances even without admitting it to NATO ( or EU for this matter.)
All they really needed is a foothold in the area.

As for the rest - why buy a cow, when you can have milk for free?

And from what I hear on LDNR sites, Russia is speeding up the incorporation of Donbass at this point, making it easier to get Russian passports on LDNR territories, and Russian healthcare insurance.

Which Kiev calls the "ticking bomb" of course.

In other news - the military Sea Breeze exercise started today on the Black Sea, and in spite of all the latest negotiations between US and Germany ( on the matter of the NS 2,) German troops are notably absent in this military venture.

https://www.dw.com/en/sea-breeze-ukr...sia/a-58081985

Old 06-30-2021, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Attacking more of eastern Ukraine to make more people suffer will relieve the suffering? Those people are dying in line to get into non Russian controlled Ukraine. They are dying because they live in Russian controlled Ukraine. Well they were dying but the queuing have been fixed since years ago when that was filmed. Now they just die without queuing, languishing in Putin's warlord paradise that nobody wants to live in. I'm kind of surprised that erasure would link videos showing how Russia destroyed lives in the Donbas, but okay.

Booting out the Russians so they can live normal lives like the rest of Ukrainians would be the humane thing to do. Personally, I couldn't care less.

People own the resources by buying them and the state taxes them. Isn't that how it is supposed to work?

Are investors bad? Or they are good if they are Russians and bad if European?

No silly.
They were dying because Kiev forced them to cross that front line every month in order to get their meager pensions. Pensions that Ukrainian thieving state OWES THEM and is STEALING from them.

And they still keep on dying because Kiev keeps on shelling them, trying to chase them out of THEIR land.

Old 06-30-2021, 08:58 AM

Quote:

Are investors bad? Or they are good if they are Russians and bad if European?[/quote]

I know who you are Mr Nimbus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYCEXg4_lCM

Old 06-30-2021, 01:08 PM
DKM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Oh I see.
That's why they were protesting today again in Kiev?

Because of the *ever-improving economic situation* of Ukraine?
Different groups protest in Kyiv a couple times a week. This is how it works in democracies. Notice the police are not out clubbing people and the president is not threatening to shoot them like in your preferred states to the north and east.

Quote:
Well Russia finally woke up to the sound of NATO ships/military bases in Odessa region.

Because NATO already uses Ukraine for its advances even without admitting it to NATO ( or EU for this matter.)
All they really needed is a foothold in the area.
This statement is meaningless. NATO has been in the Odessa region for exercises for 20+ years already
Quote:
And from what I hear on LDNR sites, Russia is speeding up the incorporation of Donbass at this point, making it easier to get Russian passports on LDNR territories, and Russian healthcare insurance.
Good, perhaps they can start paying the pensions of people there too, so they don't have to wait in lines to cross a Russian created military conflict.

Quote:
In other news - the military Sea Breeze exercise started today on the Black Sea, and in spite of all the latest negotiations between US and Germany ( on the matter of the NS 2,) German troops are notably absent in this military venture.
Hmm, Germany is definitely present at Sea Breeze. I saw a few German officers at one of the events. Germany has never sent an actual unit of soldiers to Ukraine in these exercises for historical reasons. Interesting that you would focus on Germany while ignoring that a record number of countries are participating.
German on the left, from yesterday:

Quote:
No silly.
They were dying because Kiev forced them to cross that front line every month in order to get their meager pensions. Pensions that Ukrainian thieving state OWES THEM and is STEALING from them.
Nobody is forcing anyone to cross that barrier. Anyone is free to, or free not to. They can move, or not. The front line is active and it is not Ukraine's decision to have Russians fighting them in Donbas. The sad thing is they stay to look after their property because they are worried the Russian bandits will take everything if they leave.

Old 06-30-2021, 01:11 PM
DKM

A few fun pictures so far:

Ukrainian military posing on a US Navy ship in Odessa
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe