Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2021, 08:59 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,853,283 times

Advertisements

I am not going to dignify Southfront with a response, sorry. The same website claimed a few years ago Ukraine was going to massacre an EU delegation to frame their enemies. It is crude Russian propaganda. I just don't care what they have convinced you of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2021, 10:07 PM

2,216 posts, read 1,020,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Demand returning from the pandemic does not equal demand growth in the next 10 years.

They are building Skoda, not VAZ. And the ZAZ a08 bus. Nothing special, rather basic.

https://ukravto.ua/ru/cars/a08

The rest of the news is indeed so-so. I think you meant 2014 because 2016 has been long ago surpassed even with the pandemic.
Yes, the demand for gas in the 21st century is only growing, and judging by the concluded contracts, it will grow by 20-25% in the next 20 years.

You are wrong about the pandemic, the peak of gas prices was just during the pandemic .Are you saying that the gas consumption is low? Why then the European storage facilities, not so long ago, maybe a month ago, were filled by only 5% ? Who emptied them? If there is no demand for gas and a pandemic is raging.

But maybe you are right and the Europeans who invest billions of euros in gas infrastructure, in gas pipelines,pumping and distribution stations are fatally stupid. They don't understand anything))))
Is DKM true?

In Ukraine, the volume of production of passenger cars has increased significantly. According to the statistics of the association Ukravtoprom, in May 2021, 944 such cars were produced, while in the same period last year – only 87 units.

This is a great progress , this is just a breakthrough! . Small-scale screwdriver assembly is what you need !

In total, since the beginning of 2021, 3,795 vehicles have been collected in Ukraine – 2.5 times more than in the first five months of 2020. 3,538 cars from this number are passenger cars (an increase of 167%). The share of buses was 242 units. ( 20%), and commercial vehicles – 15 pcs. (-37%).

Yes, you can be proud of it ! Turn a leading industrial and scientific country into THIS.
It is very sad to be a colony of the West.

Old 06-11-2021, 10:11 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,844 times
Quote:
I am not going to dignify Southfront with a response, sorry. The same website claimed a few years ago Ukraine was going to massacre an EU delegation to frame their enemies. It is crude Russian propaganda. I just don't care what they have convinced you of.
They alone never convinced me of anything. There's many other sources which mention the poor state of the Ukrainian juntas forces and the abused and poorly treated (because they're unreliable) regular Ukrainian armed forces.

It's really pathetic.

You just can't handle the truth.

Old 06-12-2021, 11:29 AM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Here is a run down on the German Green Party and what happened for the pot. It's Alex and his opinion but he's not wrong often.

https://youtu.be/gsinxySsTpI

So I've listened to Mercouris and although his insight into the German politics ( the "Greens" in particular) was pretty interesting, I don't quite understand the slight frustration in his voice, when he is saying that he expects European ( German policies in this case) to be the "same old, same old," in spite of the German potential as far as the leadership goes.

What is he expecting instead, German turnaround 180 and them embracing Russia out in the open while dumping the US influence all together?

But this can't be done, and not because of the "Greens," since as you can see the NS 2 is very indicative that Germans overall have more rationality in their approach to Russia than the "Greens."

However the current political situation in Russia doesn't allow German leaders to make this 180 turn and embrace Putin's Russia. Because no matter who says what, Germans are very perceptive of what's going on there (probably more than anyone else.)
They saw the "new Russians" that Putin represents from the get-go, and what they are all about. And this class of the "new Russian elite" was NOT accepted by old Europe, unlike old Russian elite back in times of the Russian empire. The "new Russians" are a foreign body to them in every sense of this word.

And without this trust, Germany keeps Russia at a "safe distance," while understanding at the same time that Russia is ( and always was) their unique market ( when it comes to economy,) and culturally compatible for the mutual prosperity.

And that's why Germans are where they are - not being able to dump Russia all together ( since they really need it in the long run,) and not being able to embrace it wholeheartedly on another hand, since its current government/"upper class" can't be trusted.
And that's where this "balancing act" of Merkel comes from, and that's why it's going to remain the same for Germans, as long as the situation in Russia remains the same.

And the reason the situation in Russia remains the same, is because Russians (being under attack by the US) are not going to change their horses in the middle of the stream ( I am talking about Putin now.)
Everything I said here about Germans goes to France pretty much as well.

And that's why "plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose."
Precisely as Mercouris said ( the more things change, the more they remain the same.)

With other words, the knot, the stalemate.

Old 06-12-2021, 06:26 PM

Quote:
What is he expecting instead, German turnaround 180 and them embracing Russia out in the open while dumping the US influence all together?
I don't think Germany is going to be dumping the US outright. Germany will however take a harder line towards the US when it comes to German independence. The "**** off, it's none of your business" approach. Germany and Russia have a lot in common in many ways especially in economics. The relationship is almost as "natural" as that of Russia and China. I can't remember a time when I was in Sheremetyevo airport not hearing a German voice. I believe the same applies to Germany and this "new" Russia you speak of also.

The US has a real problem when it comes to accepting current reality in the world. The fact that other nations are actually building productive relationships without America being asked for approval of said relationships makes certain entities very angry, even terrified. Contrast that with Japan who still runs to America asking permission on most things.

I agree with most of what you posted also but I don't think it's a knot. I think it's simply a mutually beneficial arrangement.

Old 06-12-2021, 08:33 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I don't think Germany is going to be dumping the US outright. Germany will however take a harder line towards the US when it comes to German independence. The "**** off, it's none of your business" approach. Germany and Russia have a lot in common in many ways especially in economics. The relationship is almost as "natural" as that of Russia and China. I can't remember a time when I was in Sheremetyevo airport not hearing a German voice. I believe the same applies to Germany and this "new" Russia you speak of also.

The US has a real problem when it comes to accepting current reality in the world. The fact that other nations are actually building productive relationships without America being asked for approval of said relationships makes certain entities very angry, even terrified. Contrast that with Japan who still runs to America asking permission on most things.

I agree with most of what you posted also but I don't think it's a knot. I think it's simply a mutually beneficial arrangement.

It IS a knot, since Trump posed a very reasonable question, such as: "If Germany is weary of Russia, and we spend money on its defense, why are Germans having mutually beneficial relations with Russia ( that they are supposedly afraid of)?
So they either
A. Stick with Russia and then we don't have to spend money on their defense,
or B. Drop Russia, start buying our gas and we'll keep on spending money on their defense."
Which was only logical.

So now when Biden flew to Europe with his wife in the jacket with the word "Love" plastered on her back, the question remains; will Germany return to America's fold, since German-Russian mutual interests go directly against "Ukrainian partnership" with America.

This puts Germany ( yet again) on a spot, so it's a knot.

P.S. To add to the picture, I was guessing that once out of EU, Great Britain would take more reasonable approach to the whole "Donbass situation," but for them the anti-Russian sentiment is above all, so they keep on sending their military to the region.

This puts two "Germanic countries" of the old world at odds with each other, which is yet another twist to the story.

Last edited by erasure; 06-12-2021 at 09:00 PM..

Old 06-13-2021, 09:03 AM

I think me and you are looking at it from 2 different points with 2 different definitions of what a knot is. Okay, it's a knot. A knot is a way of connecting 2 lines (ropes) to accomplish a purpose (work).

They're in a knot alright and accomplishing a lot. Germany knows Russia is not a threat to Germany or the world so they do business.

Old 06-21-2021, 12:35 PM

DKM
Please tell us ! How are things going with vaccination in Ukraine? What about high-quality vaccines? Have you finally delivered it?

Old 06-21-2021, 02:55 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,853,283 times
I don't know a single person there willing to get the vaccine. Only 2 million Ukrainians have the shot so far. As cases there are declining they are talking about covid being over and nobody cares anymore so why bother getting it. The anti Pfizer propaganda worked well.

Maybe if they have another wave like Russia is having now enough will change their minds?

Old 06-21-2021, 11:20 PM

Quote:
I don't know a single person there willing to get the vaccine. Only 2 million Ukrainians have the shot so far. As cases there are declining they are talking about covid being over and nobody cares anymore so why bother getting it. The anti Pfizer propaganda worked well.

Maybe if they have another wave like Russia is having now enough will change their minds?
Well yes. There are no beds in hospitals, there is not enough oxygen, and covid-19 is running out. Really, why would ?
Or maybe the colonial occupation authorities should give people access to quality vaccines that don't kill people ?
Because if you do not do tests , but instead make false statistics, the disease will not go away from this. What do you say?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe