Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2022, 11:21 AM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post
That sounds like projection. Russia is more likely to use a false flag operation than puny Ukraine. NATO will never be directly involved in a war.

False-Flag Invasions Are a Russian Specialty

Soviet/Russian false flag invasions:

Hungary - 1956
Czechoslovakia - 1968
Afghanistan - 1979

This war is not in Russian interests - particularly when the vote on the LDNR is already in Duma.

But this attack on the LDNR, the desire to "solve the Donbass question" by force is very much in Ukrainian interest, since they already heard that Macron ( and Scholz in particular) promised to put pressure on them to fulfill the Minsk agreement, which the Nationalists will not accept.

And that means yet another threat of internal strife and yet another "Maidan," that Ukrainian government was warning Washington about.

( And that's why Blinken said that "Minsk agreement" in its current shape and form is "not a solution" - he is aware of the danger of it.)

So yes, the attack on the LDNR is very much in Ukraine's interest, and not in Russian interest.

But in case of this attack Russia will simply HAVE to react.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2022, 12:33 PM

Mkay, Blinken is making speech at the UN Security Council regarding the current situation.
I'll skip my comments on his *precise knowledge* on how and what exactly "Russia planned to unleash the war on Ukraine, step by step," but I'll concentrate on what he is saying about specifically Minsk agreement, ( which exactly why Blinken is there, to talk about this "diplomatic solution" according to him.)
So starting from 7:00 on;

This is his key phrase here; "If Russia is prepared to sit with Ukrainian government and work through the process of implementing these commitments..."
Are you paying attention?

"With Russian government," and not with the heads of the DNR and LNR.

But "Russian government" is not a part of the Minsk agreement, it's only a guarantor of this agreement, along with France and Germany.
So according to this agreement, Kiev has to sit down and to negotiate with Donetsk and Lugansk first of all, not the "Russian government."

Zelensky of course insists that they are nothing but the "Russian puppets" and demands to meet with Putin personally for Minsk negotiations, to which Putin keeps referring him to the heads of the LDNR, thus giving him a good hint that Zelensky is a puppet himself, so this should be his level of negotiations.

Besides, according to Minsk protocol, that's what it is - Russia is only a guarantor of the agreement, not a party.

And THAT's what Blinken wants to change, playing in Zelensky's hands, because Blinken realized what a trap the Minsk agreement is for Ukraine, if fulfilled as originally proscribed.

"KYIV, Ukraine (AP) — Ukraine’s security chief warned the West on Monday against forcing the country to fulfill a peace deal for eastern Ukraine brokered by France and Germany, charging that an attempt to implement it could trigger internal unrest that would benefit Moscow.

He argued that Ukraine needs to revise the 2015 peace deal signed in Minsk that requires Ukraine to provide a broad autonomy to the rebel-held east and a sweeping amnesty to the rebels.
“The fulfillment of the Minsk agreement means the country’s destruction,” Danilov said. “When they were signed under the Russian gun barrel — and the German and the French watched — it was already clear for all rational people that it’s impossible to implement those documents.”
The agreement, which was brokered by France and Germany after a string of Ukrainian military defeats, was widely abhorred by the Ukrainian public as a betrayal of their national interests. Zelenskyy and his officials have made repeated calls for its modification.
Moscow has staunchly refused to amend the Minsk agreement and criticized Ukraine’s Western allies for failing to encourage Ukraine to fulfill its obligations."

https://apnews.com/article/russia-uk...bf0c3c18427e81

( And by "rational people" and "public" Danilov means the Nationalists first of all, whose battalions are stationed at the front lines with the LDNR.)
Because plenty of other "public" would be just fine with Minsk agreement, the way it is.)

So the question here - in whose interests it is to start the military operation in Donbass, when Russian parliament already voted on recognition of the LDNR.

Your opinions please.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSMsnWFveVU

Last edited by erasure; 02-17-2022 at 01:05 PM..

Old 02-17-2022, 02:34 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
I think US/NATO/MIC and the supporters (the 5 column expats) of this "Ukrainian project" have an interest in conflict. It's that simple.

I don't see how this can end without conflict in Ukraine. It may just be me and the way I think. I'm a fixer of problems and always have been. Russia needs to fix this and I don't see any other way than conflict with the Ukrainian nutters and/or possibly worse. Russia has everything to lose by not and minimal loss over the long run if she does.

It's plain as day to me.

Old 02-17-2022, 03:59 PM

7,334 posts, read 4,127,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice_Major View Post
You lost me after stating Biden F***** up Afghanistan. How about every U.S. president F***** Afghanistan starting with the man that shouldn't have ever invaded in the first place, George W Bush, and he was a Republican. Biden inherited a withdrawal from Donald Trump a Republican.

I see the Ukraine issue as a power struggle. The U.S. and other Western powers are trying to rely upon the same tactics they have used since the late 1800s, containment. The difference is Russia called their bluff. It sucks for Ukraine but similar to Taiwan they are being used as a pun in a proxy war.
1) It's true George Bush made the wrong decision to invade and Obama continued his policy unchanged.

2) Biden changed Trump's withdrawal plan by using the airport instead of Bagram Air Base. Biden changed the timing as well to coincide with 9/11. Its was Biden's own fiasco.

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
"Let's go to the other end of the world where we don't belong" <- america's policy since 1989 or even before, on that note Russia should invade Australia. I mean if America can do it all over the globe, Russia can too.
Completely true. Why not have Russia invade Mexico or Columbia or Argentine?

I can see a containment policy to protect small Taiwan from big China. Why have a containment policy against Russia?

Quote:
Russia and Italy are very close to each other in terms of nominal gross domestic product, which is the standard unit used to measure the size of a country’s economy. Nominal GDP is the total cost of all goods and services produced or sold in a country in within a certain time frame.

Russia’s 2013 nominal GDP was $2.1 trillion, and Italy’s was $2.07 trillion, according to the World Bank.
https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...my-size-italy/

It's a crazy policy but as a country, which assisted and funded the Taliban beginning in 1979, I guess nothing is off the table.

Old 02-17-2022, 04:38 PM

Quote:
I can see a containment policy to protect small Taiwan from big China. Why have a containment policy against Russia?
Taiwan is simply another version of Ukraine, just on the other side of the planet. And both have the same problem, corrupt regimes that don't allow a voice of opposition to the current situations.

When have the Taiwanese people been ever been given a choice? Ukrainians?

Old 02-18-2022, 07:26 AM

Rumor has it that the Kiev junta and the US is moving all their infrastructure to Lvov. Everything.

Old 02-18-2022, 07:55 AM

1,348 posts, read 624,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Rumor has it that the Kiev junta and the US is moving all their infrastructure to Lvov. Everything.
This is true. The embassies of the USA, Great Britain, Canada, Netherland move to Lvov.

Old 02-18-2022, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimogor View Post
This is true. The embassies of the USA, Great Britain, Canada, Netherland move to Lvov.
Just consider what the Ukrainian army thinks of this. Stalin never left Moscow even when German units were mere kilometers from the city.

The facilities were moved because central and eastern Ukraine are essentially indefensible.

I wonder how the majority of Ukrainian soldiers are going to feel about the fighting spirit of the leadership. No doubt the battalions of "heroes" such as Azov will stop the entire Russian army all alone.

Or run for their lives, if they can run at all.

Old 02-18-2022, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimogor View Post

Oh well.
They know where their bread and butter is.

In the nazi-infested part of Ukraine, the hornet nest that was not historically part of Russia and that prompted that "Maidan revolution" in Kiev.

Old 02-18-2022, 10:22 AM

Pushilin of DNR orders to start evacuation of children-women-elderly to Russia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHuWwknZ5aM

L. Pasechnik of LNR is making the same appeal to people, stating that the concentration of Ukrainian troops on the border ( and the amount of armament) plus the intel info is indicating that Kiev is planning the attack along all the front line, with a deep incursion into republics territories.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajJ6YJjjSFE

So something is up I assume.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe