Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2022, 09:32 PM

8,864 posts, read 8,435,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
You know, after I watched the whole thing, I grew even more suspicious that it IS in fact staged propaganda. ( I couldn't tell for sure before, while just looking at the picture.)

It's like with the case of that so-called "heated exchange" scene, that was posted here from "Independent."

What I see in THIS video, is some guy, sipping tea and looking at the phone ( have no idea who is there, and he is not saying a word to whoever is there, so for all I care it might be an empty screen.)

The woke woman with blue hair who is holding the phone keeps on repeating "All will be well Natasha, all will be well."
The man's voice behind the scene meanwhile is saying "These are children given away to be the cannon fodder.. They don't know themselves where they are going to... They are simply boozing here. So woman, ( supposedly addressing "soldier's mother") get up, raise the people up... See, your son is doing fine, nothing will happen to him.. So raise the people ( bring them on the streets, ) block the roads, block the bridges.. ( with other words, raise against Putin)

THERE ARE columns and columns of destroyed Russian tanks here..
These young guys - they don't know themselves why they are here... They are boozing and they are using the old maps..."
Then I hear some voice on the phone, inaudible, whipping...
The woman with blue hair: "All is good Natasha, all is good, we'll get to it later..."
( The "prisoner" is not even looking at the screen, he keeps on sipping tea.)
Woman with blue hair; "Now talk to your mother"
The "prisoner" pretends then that he is blowing the kiss.
And BEFORE someone is blocking the view, I see the most telling look in this guy's eyes, when he is looking at this woman with blue hair; "How did I do?"

So no, if you ask me, I call it a propaganda piece, not particularly well-done at that.

I saw some other videos with captured Russian soldiers, and they were much more convincing.
The West should begin investigating Russians in their countries. Those like erasure should be stripped citizenship and deported back to Russia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2022, 12:00 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,415,942 times
Quote:
You know, after I watched the whole thing, I grew even more suspicious that it IS in fact staged propaganda. ( I couldn't tell for sure before, while just looking at the picture.)

It's like with the case of that so-called "heated exchange" scene, that was posted here from "Independent."

What I see in THIS video, is some guy, sipping tea and looking at the phone ( have no idea who is there, and he is not saying a word to whoever is there, so for all I care it might be an empty screen.)

The woke woman with blue hair who is holding the phone keeps on repeating "All will be well Natasha, all will be well."
The man's voice behind the scene meanwhile is saying "These are children given away to be the cannon fodder.. They don't know themselves where they are going to... They are simply boozing here. So woman, ( supposedly addressing "soldier's mother") get up, raise the people up... See, your son is doing fine, nothing will happen to him.. So raise the people ( bring them on the streets, ) block the roads, block the bridges.. ( with other words, raise against Putin)

THERE ARE columns and columns of destroyed Russian tanks here..
These young guys - they don't know themselves why they are here... They are boozing and they are using the old maps..."
Then I hear some voice on the phone, inaudible, whipping...
The woman with blue hair: "All is good Natasha, all is good, we'll get to it later..."
( The "prisoner" is not even looking at the screen, he keeps on sipping tea.)
Woman with blue hair; "Now talk to your mother"
The "prisoner" pretends then that he is blowing the kiss.
And BEFORE someone is blocking the view, I see the most telling look in this guy's eyes, when he is looking at this woman with blue hair; "How did I do?"

So no, if you ask me, I call it a propaganda piece, not particularly well-done at that.

I saw some other videos with captured Russian soldiers, and they were much more convincing.
Since you have apparently appointed yourself as the CD propaganda judging expert, why don't you give us your analysis of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8hC-b4tCT0

And then this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mG3Z1iiynRc

Can't wait.

Old 03-03-2022, 01:46 AM

61,647 posts, read 87,001,838 times
Quote:
Can you provide me with more information please?

What kind of "civilian sites?"

And where exactly ( what cities?)

Like yesterday for example they've said out in the open that in KIEV they were targeting the TV tower and couple of other sites ( don't remember which ones now.)
The regular Ukrainian source I am listening to, mentioned it, warning Kievans to move away from the TV center.

Then on Russian news they confirmed that they've sent the warning to civilians in advance.

I know that the center of Kharkov has been recently hit ( with whose rocket exactly - I don't know.)
Kharkov's vicinities have been hit hard too ( from what I've heard) - the Ukr. newsmaker I am listening to, said that in-law of one of her friends was killed there.)
But Kharkov is one of those cities that are a MUST for Russians to take, so as much as they'd like to avoid damages ( or civilian deaths) it's bound to happen. I know that much.

Then another place where I expect the high toll of civilian casualties is Mariupol, because on one hand it's one of those MUST cities for Russians to take control of, on another hand it's the military base of Azov battalion.

So as much as I am aware of the civilian casualties ( which is.. "bad" is NOT the right word to describe it) the only point I am trying to make is that it's not happening intentionally.

But WHY exactly the Russian rockets ( if they are indeed Russian) are hitting this or that target in those utmost important from strategic point of view cities,) and whether it's a mistake or targeted site - that I don't know.
So, killing civilians in "MUST CITIES" is ok. They aren't worth living.
Aren't all Ukrainian cities a "must cities"? Is that an excuse?

Russia has claimed its assault on Ukraine is aimed only at military targets, but hundreds of buildings – transport facilities, hospitals, kindergartens, homes – had been destroyed.
Relentless Russian missile attacks on residential areas in several cities have left hundreds of civilians dead and forced more than 800,000 to flee the country.

"The official said it was not always clear whether the Russians were purposefully targeting civilian targets, but they said the missile and artillery strikes had grown more aggressive, which could cause them to become less precise.

“Clearly they are hitting civilian targets,†the official said. “Clearly they continue to cause civilian harm.â€

“We cannot even take the wounded from the streets, from houses and apartments today, since the shelling does not stop,†he was quoted by the Interfax news agency as saying.

In case you "missed":
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-02-...lian/100865262
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60585603
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...n-war-invasion
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/r...sion-rcna18243

Are you reading Russian propaganda?

The fighting is taking a toll on the morale of Russian soldiers, who "go into grocery stores and try to find something to eat."

"These are not warriors of a superpower. These are confused children who have been used." Their families are shocked to find out about the involvement of their loved ones in the invasion of Ukraine. The troops claim they 'were lied to' as they were told to go to Ukraine as part of a training.

I guess, those kids don't have even proper combat skills to aim their weapons precisely.

Old 03-03-2022, 01:51 AM

1,361 posts, read 2,271,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
As promised, here is an update.

First I want to apologize for the following video being in Spanish with no English subtitles. Unfortunately, there are none with subtitles. This will be the only video from my part posted here in another language.

In a nutshell, the President of the Dominican Republic met with the Honorary Consul of the Ukraine in the DR (the woman in the middle) and he gave the orders to:

1) The Ministry of Tourism will take care of all the needs of the Ukrainians in the country.

2) Hotels are prohibited from pressuring any Ukrainian from leaving on the basis of not having money to cover their stay or any other reason.

3) Any Ukrainian requires anything else in the DR, all they have to do is contact the office of the Homorary Consul of Ukraine in the DR, she will pass the info to the DR government and then they have to follow the presidential orders of complying with their request.

4) Further facilitations are made (also on presidential orders) that would keep a special communication channel between the DR government and the representation of Ukraine in the country. Basically, this means that any contact coming from the legal representation of the Ukraine in the DR to the DR government takes immediate importance over any other issue and must be attended immediately.

5) By presidential orders, Ukrainians are to go through no hardship in the DR while this war takes place.

Needless to say, the Honorary Consul of the Ukraine appears much more relaxed and accepting of the presidential orders to benefit Ukrainians in the DR. Who wouldn't? It seems Ukrainians are basically getting an all expense paid vacation in near perfect tropical beaches and such. If it wasn't for what is going on in the Ukraine, it would had been perfect. lol

https://youtu.be/-6_8WMXj2Tw

I keep deleting my reply because I’m trying so hard to be nice and polite but seriously… I cannot believe any Ukrainian person stuck in the Dominican Republic is laughing “out loud†or in ANY way about what is happening in their homeland even in a tropical paradise. I KNOW I’m not from the safety of my home in Texas (USA). I am devastated, prone to breaking out in hopeless sobbing, asking what seriously I should even be praying for. My immediate thought is for our military to bring Russia to its knees but, let’s be real, that might just cause Putin to engage in nuclear war and we’d lose so much more than Ukraine. But how do I reconcile my fears against their suffering.

Old 03-03-2022, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
Russians have had precision guided bombs and missiles for more than 20 years. All of this destruction and killing isn't accidental - they want to destroy the infrastructure that allows people to have electricity, food and water, and medical care, and they want to destroy their homes - it's all about instilling terror and breaking the will of the country. Russians really don't mind to be hated, but what they want is to be feared.
I do believe this is true. Especially the last sentence.

Old 03-03-2022, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suesbal View Post
Apparently, not everyone leaving Ukraine is being welcomed.
https://amp.theguardian.com/global-d...h-nationalists
Apparently some of them are the same people who were pushing their way through the Belarusian border few weeks ago. Now in the middle of the chaos, they try to cross the Polish borders again. Many don't have passports, couldn't be verified. They are aggressive too...

Old 03-03-2022, 02:39 AM

2,216 posts, read 1,020,420 times
I wonder if anyone here is trying to notice how the Ukrainian army has hidden behind the backs of civilians and is firing under the cover of civilians? Or is it such selective blindness? You prefer not to see what is inconvenient for you. It's like always. The West can wipe the city off the face of the earth, mix it with the civilians and simply ignore it. Remember the "liberated Raqqa". After all, the life of other peoples. for you, it is zero..Isn't it?

And the more blood is shed, the more satisfied our Western "partners" will be.

Old 03-03-2022, 02:42 AM

2,216 posts, read 1,020,420 times
Has anyone ever wondered why Ukraine doesn't declare war on Russia?
Well, as it should be, officially.
I really want to hear the opinion of local experts on Ukraine.
My opinion is that it is not beneficial to the West, so they do not allow it.Such independence and sovereignty.

Old 03-03-2022, 03:19 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,585,426 times
Obviously stories about sweet, confused boys-conscripts that were misled about the purpose of their movemement as a part of huge military convoys is just BS. They've been trained to repeat that when captured. Captured Russian regulars repeated similar lines in the course of 2014-2015 hybrid war in Donbas. But just like American youngsters they have social media pages with pictures and inspirational messages along the line "We are going to kill those slur/explicative for Ukrainians" or inspirational lines about restoring great Russia. Putin raised a young generation of nazi troopers ready to kill anything he points his finger at without questions or hesitations, or play innocence and confusion when captured. Don't you want to have those special brotherly relationships Russians and Ukrainians have with a nation of your choice?

CNN parrots this insane line about brotherly relationships between Russians and Ukrainians but if you look at those relationships along the line "colonizers and colonized" everything makes so much more sense.

Old 03-03-2022, 03:20 AM

12,365 posts, read 9,473,336 times
The Russian "peace effort" in Ukraine has so far created over 1 million refugees - in just 8 days.

https://www.npr.org/2022/03/02/10841...s-fled-ukraine

Virtually the entire world is opposing this despicable attack. But the Russian stooges here continue to insist that this is a noble act by Russia, and that the West and Ukraine are responsible for all of the destruction, misery and death that Russia is inflicting on their neighbor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe