Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2022, 06:19 PM

12,408 posts, read 9,510,794 times

Advertisements

From Radio Free Europe - and Russia wants to destroy this country and kill these people. They call them Nazis. As the 141-5 UN vote showed, and demonstations around the world have shown, and help pouring in from around the world have shown, people aren't falling for the Russian propaganda. They recognize real evil when they see it, and they want the Russians to get out of Ukraine, and let these people live and choose their own leaders.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Xwq0xHM-ao
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2022, 06:27 PM

10,072 posts, read 14,952,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
Another effect from this war are the thousands of Ukrainians that were touristing in other countries and now are stuck with no money, not able to use their Ukrainian credit cards, no flights to Ukraine, etc.

Right now in the Dominican Republic there are around 3,000 Ukrainian tourists and over 2,000 of them are facing these precarious conditions. Yesterday the Honorary Consul of the Ukraine in the Dominican Republic went on national TV asking for help from the DR and to meet the president given the situation. She even broke down and started crying while on air.

This afternoon she will meet with the Dominican president at the National Palace. The Dominican government has said it will give humanitarian help to the Ukrainian tourists stuck in the DR, but as of now no details of what this help will be.

Extra officially it’s said that the Minister of Tourism reached an agreement with several resorts companies to allow the Ukrainian tourists to stay in their resorts. It seems the Dominican government will pay for their stay, but no further details on this too.

The reality is that more money is spent by the Dominican government on nonsense on a yearly basis, that it could easily pay for everything the 3,000 Ukrainians need while the Ukraine is suffering the invasion. Further development of this will be posted here.

I wonder what is the situation of Ukrainian tourists in other countries.

https://www.diariolibre.com/actualid...-en-rd/1681495
As promised, here is an update.

First I want to apologize for the following video being in Spanish with no English subtitles. Unfortunately, there are none with subtitles. This will be the only video from my part posted here in another language.

In a nutshell, the President of the Dominican Republic met with the Honorary Consul of the Ukraine in the DR (the woman in the middle) and he gave the orders to:

1) The Ministry of Tourism will take care of all the needs of the Ukrainians in the country.

2) Hotels are prohibited from pressuring any Ukrainian from leaving on the basis of not having money to cover their stay or any other reason.

3) Any Ukrainian requires anything else in the DR, all they have to do is contact the office of the Homorary Consul of Ukraine in the DR, she will pass the info to the DR government and then they have to follow the presidential orders of complying with their request.

4) Further facilitations are made (also on presidential orders) that would keep a special communication channel between the DR government and the representation of Ukraine in the country. Basically, this means that any contact coming from the legal representation of the Ukraine in the DR to the DR government takes immediate importance over any other issue and must be attended immediately.

5) By presidential orders, Ukrainians are to go through no hardship in the DR while this war takes place.

Needless to say, the Honorary Consul of the Ukraine appears much more relaxed and accepting of the presidential orders to benefit Ukrainians in the DR. Who wouldn't? It seems Ukrainians are basically getting an all expense paid vacation in near perfect tropical beaches and such. If it wasn't for what is going on in the Ukraine, it would had been perfect. lol

https://youtu.be/-6_8WMXj2Tw

Old 03-02-2022, 06:37 PM
rfb

2,594 posts, read 6,355,335 times
An interesting perspective from Kenya; Russia should listen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofijY6M-OA8

Old 03-02-2022, 06:48 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,425,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
^
Yet another propaganda video ( since no one is talking in there, just some subtitles.)

Here is the full story - not propaganda. Do you even have a heart for this poor son of a mother? He is there to perform what you've been wishing for and celebrating since last week.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...urrenders.html

Old 03-02-2022, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Here is the full story - not propaganda. Do you even have a heart for this poor son of a mother? He is there to perform what you've been wishing for and celebrating since last week.

The Russians are reported to have hired a lot of mercenaries, and there are also just a lot of hardened Russian thugs. But many of these Russian soldiers... are just kids, most of them drafted into the army for this invasion. They aren't told where they're going, and then when they find out they're in Ukraine to kill Ukrainians, who haven't done anything, many of them are not happy at all. Morale among such Russian forces is said to be a significant problem. For the whole secret 8 years war in eastern Ukraine, Putin has been doing exaclty that - conscripting young Russians to attack Ukrainians, and they are lied to about where they're going and what is happening, and what they're going to do, and when they get there, many of them don't want to kill anyone, for no reason, or for fictional reasons. Russia is a deeply disturbing place. I think for many Americans, they will never be able to wrap their heads around what it's really like there. Here, if people have to get a vaccine shot, they lose their mind. In Russia, if you try to run against Putin in an election, and there is *any* possibility you might win, you'll be jailed, poisoned or shot by the government. Injustice and brutality are normalized there.

Last edited by OutdoorLover; 03-02-2022 at 07:42 PM..

Old 03-02-2022, 07:28 PM

7,309 posts, read 9,322,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfb View Post
An interesting perspective from Kenya; Russia should listen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofijY6M-OA8
Have to spread the reps around but excellent post!

Old 03-02-2022, 07:51 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post

You know, after I watched the whole thing, I grew even more suspicious that it IS in fact staged propaganda. ( I couldn't tell for sure before, while just looking at the picture.)

It's like with the case of that so-called "heated exchange" scene, that was posted here from "Independent."

What I see in THIS video, is some guy, sipping tea and looking at the phone ( have no idea who is there, and he is not saying a word to whoever is there, so for all I care it might be an empty screen.)

The woke woman with blue hair who is holding the phone keeps on repeating "All will be well Natasha, all will be well."
The man's voice behind the scene meanwhile is saying "These are children given away to be the cannon fodder.. They don't know themselves where they are going to... They are simply boozing here. So woman, ( supposedly addressing "soldier's mother") get up, raise the people up... See, your son is doing fine, nothing will happen to him.. So raise the people ( bring them on the streets, ) block the roads, block the bridges.. ( with other words, raise against Putin)

THERE ARE columns and columns of destroyed Russian tanks here..
These young guys - they don't know themselves why they are here... They are boozing and they are using the old maps..."
Then I hear some voice on the phone, inaudible, whipping...
The woman with blue hair: "All is good Natasha, all is good, we'll get to it later..."
( The "prisoner" is not even looking at the screen, he keeps on sipping tea.)
Woman with blue hair; "Now talk to your mother"
The "prisoner" pretends then that he is blowing the kiss.
And BEFORE someone is blocking the view, I see the most telling look in this guy's eyes, when he is looking at this woman with blue hair; "How did I do?"

So no, if you ask me, I call it a propaganda piece, not particularly well-done at that.

I saw some other videos with captured Russian soldiers, and they were much more convincing.

Old 03-02-2022, 07:53 PM

Interesting - since Putin took over, decades ago, the Kremlin controls the TV stations. The older people primarily watch TV and are completely taken in by the 24x7 propaganda there. Watching TV there is like reading the posts of the Kremlin stooges here.

While it is still heavily censored by the Russian government, the younger people have access to more information options via the internet, and they can understand much more about what is really happening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l4WMnGol6w

Old 03-02-2022, 08:50 PM

3,454 posts, read 2,781,479 times
Apparently, not everyone leaving Ukraine is being welcomed.
https://amp.theguardian.com/global-d...h-nationalists

Old 03-02-2022, 09:20 PM

7,309 posts, read 9,322,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suesbal View Post
Apparently, not everyone leaving Ukraine is being welcomed.
https://amp.theguardian.com/global-d...h-nationalists
I don't find that surprising at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe