Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2022, 09:45 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,590,988 times

Advertisements

CD Russian nazi brigade is charging again. Repeating insane imperial mythology, and making insane domination claims. As far as a relationship of colonizers and colonized, there are just two options - subjugation&assimilation (when allowed) or fighting against colonizer forces. Ukrainians fight their anti colonial war, it is not the first war of de-colonization they fight against Russia, not even the most bloody one yet. Russian Empire wannabe is just an authoritarian global backwater with nukes. It sucks to be subjugated by a thieving deranged second hand Empire having nothing to offer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2022, 09:49 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,021,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
CD Russian nazi brigade.

Both American and Russian posters are using horrible propaganda and a failed "logic", it should be an indicator toward other countries of what enemies/friends they have.

Old 03-03-2022, 09:55 AM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
"Kherson Mayor Igor Kolykhaev said Russian soldiers were in the city and had come to the city administration building. He said he asked them not to shoot civilians and to allow crews to gather bodies from the streets. 'We don’t have any Ukrainian forces in the city, only civilians and people here who want to LIVE', he said"
https://apnews.com/article/russia-uk...8dc5e7e411805f

Correct, and the city was left alone, once it stopped the military resistance against the Russians, and the mayor agreed to cooperate.

So from what I can see, here is Kherson TODAY;

This blogger is saying that people emerged back on the streets after the last two days of horror, the shops are re-opening, and "the mayor is trying to make sure that the shelves are stocked."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdci98FYu-o

Old 03-03-2022, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
Even more absurd attempts to excuse terrorism. Reading through this below it's already easy to say Putin and his supporters are guilty for some of these:

https://www.un.org/en/genocidepreven...r-crimes.shtml

"Intentionally launching an attack in the knowledge that such attack will cause incidental loss of life or injury to civilians or damage to civilian objects or widespread, long-term and severe damage to the natural environment which would be clearly excessive in relation to the concrete and direct overall military advantage anticipated;"

"Intentionally directing attacks against buildings dedicated to religion, education, art, science or charitable purposes, historic monuments, hospitals and places where the sick and wounded are collected, provided they are not military objectives;"

"Attacking or bombarding, by whatever means, towns, villages, dwellings or buildings which are undefended and which are not military objectives;"

"Killing or wounding treacherously individuals belonging to the hostile nation or army;"

"Compelling the nationals of the hostile party to take part in the operations of war directed against their own country, even if they were in the belligerent's service before the commencement of the war;"

"Intentionally directing attacks against buildings, material, medical units and transport, and personnel using the distinctive emblems of the Geneva Conventions in conformity with international law;"

And...the list goes on and on. Is there a war crime yet to be committed? Last reports also suggest looting, it's on video. For now only rape and chemical weapons remain.

I'd say each and every accusation here was applicable in the case of Donbass.

But the "free and democratic world" was amazingly silent back then.

The question is why.

Old 03-03-2022, 10:00 AM
rfb

2,594 posts, read 6,356,657 times
Quote:
Both American and Russian posters are using horrible propaganda and a failed "logic", it should be an indicator toward other countries of what enemies/friends they have.
141 nations voted for a UN resolution to reprimand Russia for invading Ukraine and demanded that Moscow stop fighting and withdraw its military forces. Meanwhile, only 5 nations voted against the resolution: Russia, Belarus, Eritrea, North Korea, and Syria. So it would seem fairly obvious who is against the Russian invasion (almost all nations) and who is for the invasion (less than a handful of dictators and puppet states).

Old 03-03-2022, 10:01 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,590,988 times
Quote:
Excuse me. I hate hypocrisy, I filter propaganda and it is not really a matter of logic. How can you justify logically what Russia does now, especially considering sad state of Russia itself? Whether you see value in your identity is not a matter of logic, whether you try to wipe identity/statehood of others is just partially a matter of logic, sometimes it has no logic at all, just like in Russian war on Ukraine fueled solely by 300+ years of propaganda of imperial Russian exceptionalism.

Old 03-03-2022, 10:03 AM

Quote:

What I am doing here is not "propaganda" Euro, but an attempt to look into the deeper motives, deeper roots of everything that's happening today, because these "Ukrainian events" will have much deeper and wider implications across then world.

And that's what I sensed, when I started participating in this thread seven years ago.

I talked to a friend from Moscow yesterday and she was surprised why I knew so much about Ukraine (since she knows me for many years and she is aware that Ukraine had no interest/no relation to me before.)
No family ties whatsoever, so I had to explain how this came about, but hang on, I need to check on the latest news first, then I'll get back to it.

Old 03-03-2022, 10:05 AM

6,799 posts, read 4,243,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfb View Post
141 nations voted for a UN resolution to reprimand Russia for invading Ukraine and demanded that Moscow stop fighting and withdraw its military forces. Meanwhile, only 5 nations voted against the resolution: Russia, Belarus, Eritrea, North Korea, and Syria. So it would seem fairly obvious who is against the Russian invasion (almost all nations) and who is for the invasion (less than a handful of dictators and puppet states).

Well, America is probably the most anti-U.N. nation in the world though. We pretty much ignore it whenever it suits us, and only point to it when it suits us.

The U.N. passed tons of resolutions against Israel even specifically calling out the U.S. and we generally just respond by saying "well what is it worth, the UN is full of dictatorships and countries that have no standing to call out anyone else".

Old 03-03-2022, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
Excuse me. I hate hypocrisy, I filter propaganda and it is not really a matter of logic. How can you justify logically what Russia does now, especially considering sad state of Russia itself? Whether you see value in your identity is not a matter of logic, whether you try to wipe identity/statehood of others is just partially a matter of logic, sometimes it has no logic at all.

Take note people (Poles, Ukrainians, Turks...) ^ - this is what an american post looks like "if he is not pro-american he is supporting Russia". There is no option independence for them.

Old 03-03-2022, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post

I'll still give you the benefit of a doubt, that is: that you don't work for Putin, KGB or so on since I don't to sound paranoid - but again the ongoing war and countless civilian casualties can't be excused, period. I was as you remember very much supporting the official Russian excuse for 'donbas freedom' before the war started or on the first day. I am still supporting the freedom of Crimea and Donbas, not the war.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe