Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2021, 03:14 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Why can't you believe its for the reasons they have stated?

Denmark, Sweden and Canada are training Ukrainian sailors too.

I went through the article.

It explained more or less "what" but not "why."
I can only assume that UK is looking for the new markets for their weaponry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2021, 05:47 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,844 times
This I find interesting.

Quote:
“The advantage of the mosquito fleet is that it will provide a ban on access to the sea. In other words, – will deter and provide defense against the Black Sea Fleet of the Russian Federation, prevent violation of the territorial integrity of Ukraine. And these will be small high-speed ships armed with cannons and missiles that can operate in the shallow waters of the Sea of ​​Azov, as well as in the Black Sea.
Just what sea is the mosquito fleet going to ban the Russian fleets access too? The sea of Azov?

Who writes this crap? What fantasies. Russia rules the sea of Azov simply because of the Crimea bridge. That is the access point. Russia rules the Black Sea because of the crimea and the amount of firepower they can project from it and the Taman penninsula.

This is just money laundering ffs. It's selling a 5 year old kid a baseball bat to go beat up Fedor Emileanenko. This is utterly laughable.

Old 03-13-2021, 08:08 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,853,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
This I find interesting.

Just what sea is the mosquito fleet going to ban the Russian fleets access too? The sea of Azov?

Who writes this crap? What fantasies. Russia rules the sea of Azov simply because of the Crimea bridge. That is the access point. Russia rules the Black Sea because of the crimea and the amount of firepower they can project from it and the Taman penninsula.

This is just money laundering ffs. It's selling a 5 year old kid a baseball bat to go beat up Fedor Emileanenko. This is utterly laughable.
You can't tell if the writer missed a word or he spoke the words differently than he meant. The context is provided if you read the whole article. I think you are just trying to find something in there to pick on. But if you need it explained, he meant access to the sea next to Ukraine, not access to the Black Sea from the Azov. That wouldn't make any sense since the purpose of these vessels is for defense, not to challenge control of the entire Black Sea (which is mostly Turkish BTW). And yes, Ukraine already has coastal defense. Besides long range artillery, there's these:

http://www.military-today.com/missil...tun_images.htm

Missile ships will project that defense to the edge of territorial waters.

Last edited by DKM; 03-13-2021 at 08:16 PM..

Old 03-13-2021, 08:13 PM
DKM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
I went through the article.

It explained more or less "what" but not "why."
I can only assume that UK is looking for the new markets for their weaponry.
You can look it up. I posted about it on here in october when the deal was announced. You probably missed that part when Ze went to the UK, met the future King and signed this deal on board the UK aircraft carrier.

Hint: the UK supports the freedom of navigation on the seas.

Per the UK gov: "Defence is at the heart of the UK’s special partnership with Ukraine."

Don't like NATO countries helping Ukraine defend itself? Who's problem is that...

Old 03-13-2021, 10:11 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times
Quote:
You can look it up. I posted about it on here in october when the deal was announced. You probably missed that part when Ze went to the UK, met the future King and signed this deal on board the UK aircraft carrier.

Hint: the UK supports the freedom of navigation on the seas.

Per the UK gov: "Defence is at the heart of the UK’s special partnership with Ukraine."

Don't like NATO countries helping Ukraine defend itself? Who's problem is that...

DKM, usually I can't take the info you supply seriously, because it's too superficial and it mostly comes from the typical propaganda sources.

But now I vaguely remember that Dubinsky was saying something about it earlier, what a crappy deal it was for Ukraine, this "UK special partnership with Ukraine."

I think the UK was offering loans to Ukraine ( what else is new?) for construction of these boats ( or whatever it was,) the boats were supposed to be built in UK and paid ( to UK workers) with the help of those loans and so on.

So with other words, Ukraine was used again by the Western powers to their own advantage.

But unfortunately I can't look up the details now, since Dubinsky channel was banned from Youtube, ( and from the FB I believe,) with the help of American Democrats.

Which is ironic, since Dubinsky was very anti-Moscow actually.

But the overlords usually are not interested in getting into fine details of their slaves lives, so they simply accepted what their trusted appointed overseers reported to them, and threw Dubinsky out of the game, since he was not toeing the line.

Unlike Sharij, who sits in EU and can successfully fight the Nazi dogs off, with the help of human rights organizations ( and official EU authorities) providing them with proofs that Ukrainian government is getting more and more out of hands, becoming your typical lawless dictatorial regime suppressing civil liberties, Dubinsky was on his own.
A rebel, naively believing that he could make a difference just being part of the government.

He was obviously wrong and helpless without any powers backing him - be that pro-Russian forces in Ukraine, or EU ( as in case with Sharij for today,) or pro-American forces.

And that's why he was simply gagged, so I can't look up his insider's info any longer, including that deal on UK-built boats, sorry.

Last edited by erasure; 03-13-2021 at 11:09 PM..

Old 03-14-2021, 12:24 AM

2,216 posts, read 1,020,797 times
Quote:
Just so there is no confusion among those looking to poop post on Ukraine, the mark 6 patrol boats are not the Ukrainian Navy's new class of ships to engage enemy warships with. They are working with the UK on those (to replace what's left of their soviet inherited junk). A little update on that:
In October 2020, a” Memorandum of Intent " was signed between the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine and the Ministry of Defense of the United Kingdom
Quote:
Once the project is approved, construction of the lead ship will begin in early 2022. The UK's vision is for these eight boats to be built or under construction by 2024.

"I think that despite the delays in the start of construction, we will see these ships in the Black Sea as early as 2025 with Ukrainian sailors on board," Woods said.

Yes, the memorandum of intent, this is a breakthrough, this is progress. The project is not approved, there are no finances, the contract is not signed, but the main thing is to start beating yourself with both heels in the chest ! It's like looking at an expensive catalog on the Internet and starting to brag. Well, I'll make some money in five years and buy myself a yacht and a palace, and then you'll all envy me. And in practice, even old torn jeans do not have money to wash. But you go on, I like it )))

Old 03-15-2021, 04:26 PM
DKM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
Yes, the memorandum of intent, this is a breakthrough, this is progress. The project is not approved, there are no finances, the contract is not signed, but the main thing is to start beating yourself with both heels in the chest ! It's like looking at an expensive catalog on the Internet and starting to brag. Well, I'll make some money in five years and buy myself a yacht and a palace, and then you'll all envy me. And in practice, even old torn jeans do not have money to wash. But you go on, I like it )))
This is how arms deals are done when you are selling custom equipment, the first step is a memo of intent. That is english-legalese for an "agreement". You have to do this before you hammer out the details, which is the step they are currently at. They have to explore different ideas in detail, which costs money, so the MOI is the step before you go down that path to approval, when an exact deal is contracted. Especially with ship building, you have to do the planning up front. They are a year away from laying down the first ship. The best you have is to attack it for still being in the planning stages.

Old 03-15-2021, 06:06 PM

Quote:
This is how arms deals are done when you are selling custom equipment, the first step is a memo of intent. That is english-legalese for an "agreement". You have to do this before you hammer out the details, which is the step they are currently at. They have to explore different ideas in detail, which costs money, so the MOI is the step before you go down that path to approval, when an exact deal is contracted. Especially with ship building, you have to do the planning up front. They are a year away from laying down the first ship. The best you have is to attack it for still being in the planning stages.
I don't think there will be many problems AFTER the planning stage with this type of craft, those happen with larger ships all the time. Murphys law rules in that league. It still doesn't mean the Ukronazis are going to have an easy time of it.

The price/value ratio is going to be way out of balance and taken from the hide of Ukrainian people.

Old 03-15-2021, 06:10 PM

Quote:
No, exploitation and downright financial rape is their special partnership. Money laundering and corruption is the foundation. What will be sold is worthless in modern warfare in anything other than police duties.

Old 03-15-2021, 06:19 PM
DKM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I don't think there will be many problems AFTER the planning stage with this type of craft, those happen with larger ships all the time. Murphys law rules in that league. It still doesn't mean the Ukronazis are going to have an easy time of it.

The price/value ratio is going to be way out of balance and taken from the hide of Ukrainian people.
There are two designs they are working up models with, but they are both similar to the Barzan. It isn't rocket science but it is naval engineering. Brits do this as well as anyone and for longer than anyone.

The "loan" is partially offset over time by UK funds as aid. It works out that the ships made in the UK are subsidized and the ones made in Ukraine are paid for by Ukraine.

I know, it makes the pro Russians spitting mad to see Ukraine arming itself with some modern defenses. Even more so that NATO's top members would be providing Ukraine with arms. This isn't going plan at all... So its their duty to poop post on Ukraine and its partnerships with Europe. Wait till you see our plans for their air force upgrades.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe